Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 4:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Karma, Real or Fake?
Karma, Real or Fake?
Do you really believe in Karma? I don't. I sounds nice, but it does not live up to its name.
RE: Karma, Real or Fake?
Nope.

To paraphrase George carlin, doesn't matter what you believe or don't believe, the odds of something happening to you beyond your control are about the same as anyone else.

Skip to around 6:50 if you don't want to enjoy a wise and sadly missed man tearing apart logical inconsistencies in art of the religious belief.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(June 26, 2014 at 7:13 am)Raindropz Wrote: Do you really believe in Karma? I don't. I sounds nice, but it does not live up to its name.

My karma ran over my dogma.

MM
"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" - Leonardo da Vinci

"I think I use the term “radical” rather loosely, just for emphasis. If you describe yourself as “atheist,” some people will say, “Don’t you mean ‘agnostic’?” I have to reply that I really do mean atheist, I really do not believe that there is a god; in fact, I am convinced that there is not a god (a subtle difference). I see not a shred of evidence to suggest that there is one ... etc., etc. It’s easier to say that I am a radical atheist, just to signal that I really mean it, have thought about it a great deal, and that it’s an opinion I hold seriously." - Douglas Adams (and I echo the sentiment)
Karma as in "What goes up must come down?"

Other than gravitational forces, nope. There's no rule that says success is followed by failure or that my actions will bring me reward or punishment irrespective of the actual changes and their effects I myself (or others) inflict on my surroundings.
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
People just cannot accept that sometimes bad and good things happen for no reason other than chance. We always look for a cause, and would much rather have one that we can influence as in the future as we feel that we could influence it again.

It is wishful thinking. The same thing happens when we watch films. We want the good guy to win, and the bad guy to get punished.
(June 26, 2014 at 7:18 am)ManMachine Wrote:
(June 26, 2014 at 7:13 am)Raindropz Wrote: Do you really believe in Karma? I don't. I sounds nice, but it does not live up to its name.

My karma ran over my dogma.

MM

LMAO

(June 26, 2014 at 7:26 am)FreeTony Wrote: People just cannot accept that sometimes bad and good things happen for no reason other than chance. We always look for a cause, and would much rather have one that we can influence as in the future as we feel that we could influence it again.

It is wishful thinking. The same thing happens when we watch films. We want the good guy to win, and the bad guy to get punished.

Do you believe that Karma stems from another forum of religious faith?

(June 26, 2014 at 7:21 am)Pickup_shonuff Wrote: Karma as in "What goes up must come down?"

Other than gravitational forces, nope. There's no rule that says success is followed by failure or that my actions will bring me reward or punishment irrespective of the actual changes and their effects I myself (or others) inflict on my surroundings.

LMAO You're funny. I needed a laugh this Morning.
Karma?

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
(June 26, 2014 at 7:44 am)Knowledge of God Wrote: Karma?

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

[Image: closet_monster_by_staggblack-d5ps175.jpg]
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
(June 26, 2014 at 7:44 am)Knowledge of God Wrote: Karma?

[Image: 1081.gif]
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Karma is god's sister.
She's a vindictive bitch an has a memory like an elephant!
I stole 50cents from my sister as a little kid and 50 years later, I get a flat tyre the other day just like that.
Bloody mole! I hate you! Confused Fall
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do atheists fake egalitarianism? Heywood 94 14100 May 29, 2015 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  is psychiatry a fake science? Jextin 37 6300 October 19, 2014 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: AceBoogie
  Is their such thing as as a "fake atheist" Sludgeman101 33 6344 June 30, 2014 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: darthbarracuda
  wouldn't heaven feel kinda fake? leodeo 21 7053 November 5, 2013 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Is Landover Baptist Fake? MeasH 11 8030 September 1, 2012 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: TaraJo