Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posting gaming videos on youtube
Posting gaming videos on youtube
I watch these guys talk about stuff on youtube, either doing Let's Plays, or reviews, and I get an itch to actually try that myself. Maybe talk about the stuff I like. The problem is I'm not exactly tech savvy, and I don't really know everything I'd need to start. Does anyone actually know what goes on behind the scenes of these youtubers like Pewdiepie?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

RE: Posting gaming videos on youtube
Not really know, but I know a youtuber who uses bandicam to capture the screen at 1080p. Says he gets a half hour video in about 3GB of file.
Then you need to put in your voice and edit the thing.... there's lots of video editing software, but it seems there a sony vegas which seems to get the job done.

In the end, upload to youtube.... wait for the upload... wait for the conversion... and voilá!

Also, it helps to have a decent computer and run the games at, at least, 1080p. You don't want to get frame drops due to the capture process.
I've done a lot of this stuff from when I was into competitive gaming. I'd need more details to be able to help though. What platform do you want to record? How good is your PC? What quality are you looking for? What's your budget? How strongly do you feel about piracy laws?
The platform would likely be PC games. I think I have a good PC, but I'm not sure where I could look for the exact specs. I don't have a big budget. Not having a lot of spare money is what's holding me back the most, because if I was going to do Let's Plays, I would need to purchase games somewhat frequently. I guess a cheaper thing to do would be to just talk about news and atheism and such. stuff I can find that I don't have to buy. I don't really have anything to say about piracy laws, but I wouldn't want to steal games and stuff just to do Youtube videos.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(June 27, 2014 at 6:26 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I don't really have anything to say about piracy laws, but I wouldn't want to steal games and stuff just to do Youtube videos.

Piracy ain't stealing bro so you're all good. Big Grin
(June 27, 2014 at 6:26 pm)Chad32 Wrote: The platform would likely be PC games. I think I have a good PC, but I'm not sure where I could look for the exact specs.
Well it needs a good graphics card and processor if you are doing it all on one machine. You have to bare in mind you are both creating the recording and playing a game. If the PC can't quite handle it you have to sacrifice graphical quality and/or recording quality. There is the option of using 2 PC's and a external device like the elgato game cap. I can't remember exactly what it cost, something like £150-200 maybe?
(June 27, 2014 at 6:26 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I don't have a big budget. Not having a lot of spare money is what's holding me back the most, because if I was going to do Let's Plays, I would need to purchase games somewhat frequently.
Not as often as you think, depending on how long you're episodes are and how frequently you post. A game like Skyrim can give you hundreds of episodes that will last weeks/months even short games split into 10-15 min episodes give you like 10-15.

The issue is with software and hardware, a beast graphics card and processor will cost you a shit ton. That with good editing software, capture software, headset and Mic could cost you hundreds or thousands even. Youtube was easy a few years back, I got a 300,000 view video with £30 capture device and £50 editing software. Now everyone has £1000 PC's uses Photoshop for thumbnails (like £200 a year now) and professional editing software's like Vegas pro (£300?) and Adobe after effects (£900) for intros/outros.

I was okay with cheap software because I only needed to show other competitive players and tournament officials the things. No doubt you could manage it the hard way and do without, you will however struggle to compete with those willing to pirate such software. People just expect much better production quality now, even from amateurs. Most people will immediately disappear if anything about the quality is sub par due to the huge number of gaming videos they could be watching.
(June 27, 2014 at 6:26 pm)Chad32 Wrote: I guess a cheaper thing to do would be to just talk about news and atheism and such. stuff I can find that I don't have to buy. I don't really have anything to say about piracy laws, but I wouldn't want to steal games and stuff just to do Youtube videos.

Honestly, unless you are absolutely determined do gaming stuff I'd avoid it. It's a lot of work for very little payoff. I know a small army of gamers trying the youtube thing, some of them have been working at it for years and barely getting anything aside from hate comments.

If I were to do anything it would be live streaming on things like twitch. You still need a good PC but no editing software requires, no hours of editing or being ignored in the millions of other videos. You just need a couple of bits of cheap software and the patience to gain the first few viewers. The atmosphere is friendlier too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gaming News Foxaèr 50 2676 April 12, 2024 at 1:15 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Gaming memes Foxaèr 1 414 April 22, 2019 at 7:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Our gaming screenshots Foxaèr 0 314 July 20, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Your gaming style? Foxaèr 42 6527 May 2, 2018 at 12:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Need gaming party members purplepurpose 4 1018 March 2, 2018 at 10:04 am
Last Post: purplepurpose