Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do atheists give value to righteousness?
Do atheists give value to righteousness?
Does righteousness mean anything to an atheist?

That is a bit how God seperates mankind in his mind. The righteouss and the unrighteouss.

Let's say you say you are atheist, and you value righteousness very much. You even love it and are righteouss yourself, then why would you deny the existence of your master?
RE: Do atheists give value to righteousness?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/righteous

I see no mention of god. Well other than 1 example..
(June 28, 2014 at 5:14 am)Insanity Wrote: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/righteous

I see no mention of god.

What's your point? Do you mean some people evolved into poo and some didn't?
I suspect it depends on what you mean by "righteous."

What do you mean by "righteous," little theist? Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Hindus and Buddhists have a concept called dharma, which I believe is basically the same as righteousness, so, if you value righteousness, why do you deny Krishna or Buddha?
(June 28, 2014 at 5:31 am)Esquilax Wrote: I suspect it depends on what you mean by "righteous."

What do you mean by "righteous," little theist? Thinking

That's the kind of shit which happens having no God.

(June 28, 2014 at 5:31 am)jesus_wept Wrote: Hindus and Buddhists have a concept called dharma, which I believe is basically the same as righteousness, so, if you value righteousness, why do you deny Krishna or Buddha?

How the hell did I end up worshipping God instead of you?.
Knowledge of God Wrote:What's your point? Do you mean some people evolved into poo and some didn't?

More wondering yours. If the word righteous doesn't have a religious meaning then why do you think it matters what an atheist thinks of being righteous?
He's either having doubts in his belief or he is try to save us all?
Can't he inflict his nonsense somewhere else?
So boring..... Heard one idiot, heard them 'all.

Yeah yeah, we know, rot in hell, all that stuff, OK, now go.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 28, 2014 at 5:34 am)Knowledge of God Wrote:
(June 28, 2014 at 5:31 am)jesus_wept Wrote: Hindus and Buddhists have a concept called dharma, which I believe is basically the same as righteousness, so, if you value righteousness, why do you deny Krishna or Buddha?

How the hell did I end up worshipping God instead of you?.
Yeah.....
That answer has nothing to do with the question asked.
But I have a feeling you already knew that, and decided to type that out anyway. Smile
(June 28, 2014 at 5:34 am)Knowledge of God Wrote: How the hell did I end up worshipping God instead of you?.

I'm going out on a limb here but I'm guessing you were brainwashed from an early age to believe in the Christian god but, since nobody who taught you about Christianity knew me, they were unable to get you to worship me instead.

Joe Pesci might be a better person to worship than me though, he knows how to get things done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPOfurmrjxo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I enjoy far right atheists more than lgbt marxist atheists Sopra 4 2199 February 28, 2018 at 9:09 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Human beings have virtually no value if they are just machines Transcended Dimensions 94 18172 December 16, 2017 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Banned
  does the "Israel becoming a nation again prophecy" have any value snerie 48 13344 April 1, 2017 at 2:17 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Does Jesus Mythicism give atheism a bad name? Jehanne 44 6768 May 19, 2016 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Value of coincidences. Socratic Meth Head 23 3829 March 28, 2016 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Pope Markoff Chaney
Lightbulb Does human life have INHERENT value? Catholic_Lady 121 26084 June 30, 2015 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  going to give my all to atheism Yoplait 46 8098 June 4, 2015 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Atheism vs Religious Value Mozart Link 12 2335 June 11, 2014 at 11:41 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Atheism not needed for a life of greater value/pleasure Mozart Link 24 5959 June 10, 2014 at 2:02 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  What time is of more value? Perpetual vs finite. Mystic 6 1293 May 11, 2014 at 1:09 am
Last Post: paulpablo