Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 12:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
does the "Israel becoming a nation again prophecy" have any value
does the "Israel becoming a nation again prophecy" have any value
Hello, a christian friend recently told me the fact that Israel became a nation again proofs the bible is true as it is foretold in Ezekiel.
RE: does the "Israel becoming a nation again prophecy" have any value
Nope. Not a particle,
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Uh, no.
(March 29, 2017 at 11:53 am)sneroul the thinker Wrote: Hello, a christian friend recently told me the fact that Israel became a nation again proofs the bible is true as it is foretold in Ezekiel.

The bible also says we can tell True Christians by their ability to drink poison without dying.

Have your friend drink a quart of Drano and then we'll see how well proven his Bible is.

No cheating by the way, no doctors or hospitals.  He can have another Cristian around to do a healing by laying on their hands, the Bible says that invariably works  too.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(March 29, 2017 at 11:53 am)sneroul the thinker Wrote: Hello, a christian friend recently told me the fact that Israel became a nation again proofs the bible is true as it is foretold in Ezekiel.

Has your friend ever read it or just listened to some fucktard preacher? 

Quote:‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from all around and bring them back into their own land. 22 I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations or be divided into two kingdoms. 23 They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding,[b] and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God.

24 “‘My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have one shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees. 25 They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your ancestors lived. They and their children and their children’s children will live there forever, and David my servant will be their prince forever.

Ez 37

Just from the bolded parts it sounds as if 'god' did a piss-poor job.  And why would 'god' need a UN resolution?  Seems kind of wimpy to me.
Tel Aviv seems pretty defiled to me, BTW . . . .

Yup.

[Image: F090531Att06.jpg]

Another little fuckup for Yhwh the Inept!
Why doesn't the fucking Palestinian Authority have any nice spots like that? Their hairy masculine types would make some great eye candy for your Vorlon . . .

LOL thanks

Not too impressive of a fulfilled prophecy.

Everyone knew about the passages in the Bible, 1000's of people post WWII were actively working toward an Israeli state, there was zero god needed in the process.

Just more proof of the ultra-low bar Christians use for evidence for their beliefs have to clear.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do you have any interest in the philosophies of introflection pioneered by Buddhism? Authari 67 2751 January 12, 2024 at 7:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Does Atheists have acceptability ? hindu 40 4586 July 18, 2020 at 6:04 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  Does forming an atheist community pose a risk to becoming a religion? yogamaster 42 4643 June 22, 2019 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Evidence for a god. Do you have any ? Rahn127 1167 93391 January 15, 2019 at 5:59 pm
Last Post: T0 Th3 M4X
  Evidence for a god. Do you have any? Simplified arguments version. purplepurpose 112 12141 November 20, 2018 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Iceland is becoming atheist. Jehanne 13 2720 February 8, 2018 at 12:08 am
Last Post: haig
  Human beings have virtually no value if they are just machines Transcended Dimensions 94 18175 December 16, 2017 at 5:35 pm
Last Post: Banned
  Value of coincidences. Socratic Meth Head 23 3829 March 28, 2016 at 5:55 am
Last Post: Pope Markoff Chaney
  Would you move to an Atheist nation? Stormcat 24 3250 December 24, 2015 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: abaris
  I think my mother may be becoming an atheist, advice? IanHulett 22 5657 October 17, 2015 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: abaris