Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boehner: House should sue Obama
Boehner: House should sue Obama
Quote:Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) explained that the House of Representatives will be suing President Barack Obama for attempting to circumvent Congress and push for laws through executive action.

Smells like bullshit to me.

Quote:"Too often over the past five years, the President has circumvented the American people and their elected representatives through executive action, changing and creating his own laws, and excusing himself from enforcing statutes he is sworn to uphold – at times even boasting about his willingness to do it, as if daring the American people to stop him," Boehner wrote in an article for CNN on Sunday.

"That's why, later this month, we will bring legislation to the House floor that would authorize the House of Representatives to file suit in an effort to compel President Obama to follow his oath of office and faithfully execute the laws of our country."

http://www.christianpost.com/news/john-b...ma-122821/

If anything is being circumvented, it is the people's attention away from what really matters for this utter bullshit.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Boehner: House should sue Obama
Good luck suing a constitutional lawyer on the constitutionality of his actions. Hell--we could've thrown Bush in jail for treason.

I'm so sick of American politics I could vomit.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Let me get this straight....

The Speaker of the House wants to sue the President for use of executive orders, not an illegal activity, to execute laws that are unmanageable as written because of changing conditions. Seems the Speaker could just do his job and coordinate House work to enact meaningful and enforceable legislation.

Keep in mind this is the same person that said that immigration reform won't be touched until after midterm elections. What the fuck is wrong here? The Speaker wants to sue the President for not doing his job, which is aggravated by the Speaker not doing his for the sake of garnering votes.

The system has failed.
(July 8, 2014 at 7:46 am)Cato Wrote: Let me get this straight....

The Speaker of the House wants to sue the President for use of executive orders, not an illegal activity, to execute laws that are unmanageable as written because of changing conditions. Seems the Speaker could just do his job and coordinate House work to enact meaningful and enforceable legislation.

Keep in mind this is the same person that said that immigration reform won't be touched until after midterm elections. What the fuck is wrong here? The Speaker wants to sue the President for not doing his job, which is aggravated by the Speaker not doing his for the sake of garnering votes.

The system has failed.

The system failed the second right wingers didn't get their way and became traitors to their own country and people.
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]
Cato,

The system did not fail. The people would have to VOTE out the nonsense in Congress(refer to the 10th Amendment). I fully think, that our system has been hijacked by some zealots calling themselves by several names and labels.

The executive branch is not perfect. Nevertheless, the legislative branch is much more of a problem especially if it is directed and controlled by zealots who think they are doing the right thing.

The judicial branch has been also hijacked by these zealots. The ones who tries to champion a thing called the "religious question" are nothing more than sabotuers of the very system they are trying to defend.

The zealotry I am referring to is the so-called Christian millennialistic world-view. A world-view which is not supported even in the New Testament.

The national constitution of the United States never allowed a "religious test" for government office(Article 6 section 3), so how does it come about that the "religious question" was ever formed in the first place?

If their "God" is so powerful why have defenders of the faith? It seems that their defense, and attempt to defend their faith, is the same mistake of the crusaders and inquisitions.
It's funny, because Republicans had no problem with the expansion of executive power when their cowboy was in office. Now they're whining, but it's not everyone else's fault they lack even the tiniest smidgen of foresight.

I do agree, however, that the president has become too powerful of a position.
(July 8, 2014 at 7:53 am)Luckie Wrote: The system failed the second right wingers didn't get their way and became traitors to their own country and people.

I understand the sentiment, but I can't agree with this primarily since I can replace right with left and nothing changes about the validity of the claim. Political disagreement doesn't make someone a traitor. Let's take immigration as an example.

Comprehensive immigration reform is required. We've known this for more than a decade yet nothing has changed. One side wants to maintain the status quo to avoid addressing the issue and the other side wants to erect an impregnable boundary to avoid addressing the issue. Both are wrong. The problem isn't at the border; the problem is multifaceted and exists within our neighbors' boundaries to the south. Our apathy towards this reality has only made our border situation worse.

The problems:
1. Economic relationship. I don't remember who said it, but the dependence of Latin American economies on ours can be stated like this, "If the American economy sneezes, the Latin American economies catch pneumonia". Our demand for cheap goods on the backs of cheap labor in the south sets up a de facto feudal relationship that stifles economic growth. This creates destitution where the only viable option is to risk life and limb to go where work is available; here.

2. Drug cartels fueled largely by demand north of the border have created regional lawlessness where force reigns supreme. People live everyday with no reasonable assurance of physical safety. This situation is so bad that parents make the decision to send children on a dangerous unaccompanied 1000 mile journey to a strange land in the hope that they can have some semblance of normalcy.

3. The money and power wielded by the cartels have created so much corruption and fear that local governments can do next to nothing to stop the trend.

Both sides of our political divide only want to dump money into managing symptoms of the problems; neither want to actually work to help solve the problems.
Boehner needs to be anally gang raped by a flock of pterodactyls.

(I have a sudden fascination with pterodactyl pron)
(July 8, 2014 at 8:04 am)CristW Wrote: Cato,

The system did not fail. The people would have to VOTE out the nonsense in Congress(refer to the 10th Amendment). I fully think, that our system has been hijacked by some zealots calling themselves by several names and labels.

A system that allows itself to be manipulated by zealots into dysfunction is a failed system.

You have to be politically naive to insist that our problems will be solved through popular vote. The same failed system has ensured that we are only given a false choice that is but a different side of the same coin. You can choose whether heads or tails is displayed, but the coin itself remains largely unchanged. The only assurance here is that the value of the coin will depreciate.

I can't be certain what your point is regarding the 10th amendment. It was largely considered unnecessary at the time of adoption and has been effectively neutered by the Commerce Clause since.
Hehehe... Boner...

[Image: 1396290892547.gif]

Sorry, carry on...
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1320 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Should I stay or should I go? POLITICAL op/ed Brian37 53 6989 August 26, 2021 at 11:43 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1548 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1564 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 565 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  AP: Obama's nose is growing John V 113 9399 September 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 3787 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 2011 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  One Less Cunt In The White House Minimalist 0 364 June 5, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  White House Gun Meeting Foxaèr 23 2152 March 1, 2018 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama