Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AP: Obama's nose is growing
AP: Obama's nose is growing
https://www.apnews.com/ffc60235c26c470c9...ight-story

Quote:OBAMA: “It shouldn’t be Democratic or Republican to say that we don’t threaten the freedom of the press because they say things or publish stories we don’t like. I complained plenty about Fox News, but you never heard me threaten to shut them down or call them enemies of the people.” — rally Friday at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.

THE FACTS: Trump may use extraordinary rhetoric to undermine trust in the press, but Obama arguably went farther — using extraordinary actions to block the flow of information to the public.
OBAMA: “The actions we took during that crisis returned the economy to healthy growth and initiated the longest streak of job creation on record.” — Illinois rally.

THE FACTS: He’s right on jobs, but whether the economy experienced “healthy growth” is a matter of dispute.

As measured by the gross domestic product, the broadest measure of the economy’s output, the U.S. economy expanded at an average annual rate of 2.2 percent from 2010, after the Great Recession ended, through 2016, Obama’s last year in office. That is the weakest growth of any post-recession recovery since World War II.
OBAMA: “Their sabotage of the Affordable Care Act has already cost more than 3 million Americans their health insurance. And if they’re still in power next fall, you better believe they’re coming at it again. They’ve said so.” -- Illinois rally.

THE FACTS: Obama is cherry-picking survey results, overlooking a recent estimate from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that found the number of uninsured Americans basically unchanged under Trump.

He’s also blaming Republicans for all the problems with health insurance, ignoring the fact that premiums started going up sharply under his watch.
OBAMA: “And by the time I left office, household income was near its all-time high.” — Illinois rally.

THE FACTS: That’s true, though it was a long time coming. According to the Census Bureau, in 2016 the typical household earned $59,039, adjusted for inflation, nearly matching the peak it reached in 1999. Another way of looking at those figures , of course, is that the U.S. middle class essentially went 17 years, Obama’s two terms included, without a raise.
RE: AP: Obama's nose is growing
Wait, who's president again? Where are all your threads on the numerous lies of the current president?

Stop your Whataboutisms and address the lies of the current president. All you ever do is dodge the current issues.

p.s. You are a dishonest coward. And I won't say more because I'm trying to be polite.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Ooh, someone's butt seems to be hurtin'...  Big Grin
(September 13, 2018 at 2:47 pm)alpha male Wrote: Ooh, someone's butt seems to be hurtin'...  Big Grin

Indeed. I am actually upset that people like you must always point fingers away and cannot look in a mirror and see the flaws. It is far beyond butt hurt, it is exceedingly distressing to watcha man dny facts and lie pretty much daily and so many people eat it up while pointing out the mild dishonesty and half truths of others.  I cannot even express the level of my distress that you find this important, but defend Trump on basically every lie he tells. 

And look who enjoys it! You like to upset people. You get JOY from other people's pain.  Look at that smiley as you revel in it. You wiggle in glee.  You like Trump because he hurts people, you like how he makes other people cry.  Oooh, you enjoy those tears, sweet sweet tears, you say.  You yourself like to hurt people. You lap it up.
What a marvelous example of a human being you are, to enjoy the discomfort and pain of others.  Tell me, was that one of your Christian values?  

Personally, I prefer not to be a dick, or revel in other people's pain, but you do you I guess.

Oh, hey hey, you know what people who lack empathy are called?
Besides President of course.  We all know sociopaths get ahead in life.  Someone to look up to.  Maybe if you try hard enough you can get to that level of self centered-ness and lack of caring for other people.  

I'll stay a bleeding heart liberal, thanks.  Like Jesus. I like caring about other people and not going out of my way to cause distress.  Notice I'm not on a Christian forum telling them names.
[Image: bleeding_heart_liberal_jesus_flyer-p2448...vz_400.jpg]

I wish people who have lost their empathy could regain it, but studies show that once gone, it's gone. You can kind of learn to fake it.  Might be worth a try?  Well, it's not as fun, though, is it?

Crawl back under your rock asshole.  Your assholerly is exhausting, as if there isn't enough of it in the world.
Obama's promoting medicare for all now. It would have been better if he pushed it while he still had the power to enact it. Instead we get the ACA, which didn't go far enough. I find it a bit dishonest to talk about it now, when he safely can't do much about it, but talking like he's on the right side of the issue now paints him in a better light for people who don't know he started with a super majority when he was in office. He could have gotten anything he wanted, but he buckled and went with something the republicans hated anyway.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

I guess you are trying to accuse Obama of lying and yet you constantly repeat "he is right" & "that is true" so it rather seems like you want Obama to be lying rather than Obama actually lying.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(September 13, 2018 at 2:56 pm)Aroura Wrote: Indeed. I am actually upset that people like you must always point fingers away and cannot look in a mirror and see the flaws. It is far beyond butt hurt, it is exceedingly distressing to watcha man dny facts and lie pretty much daily and so many people eat it up while pointing out the mild dishonesty and half truths of others.  I cannot even express the level of my distress that you find this important, but defend Trump on basically every lie he tells.

Replace "you" with "the AP" in the above and see how much sense it makes. They're the ones who did the research and wrote the article you know. 

Quote:And look who enjoys it! You like to upset people. You get JOY from other people's pain.  Look at that smiley as you revel in it. You wiggle in glee.  You like Trump because he hurts people, you like how he makes other people cry.  Oooh, you enjoy those tears, sweet sweet tears, you say.  You yourself like to hurt people. You lap it up.

Yeah, liberal tears are pretty tasty! Big Grin

Quote:Oh, hey hey, you know what people who lack empathy are called?
Besides President of course.  We all know sociopaths get ahead in life.  Someone to look up to.  Maybe if you try hard enough you can get to that level of self centered-ness and lack of caring for other people.  

I'll stay a bleeding heart liberal, thanks.  Like Jesus. I like caring about other people and not going out of my way to cause distress.  Notice I'm not on a Christian forum telling them names.
[Image: bleeding_heart_liberal_jesus_flyer-p2448...vz_400.jpg]

I wish people who have lost their empathy could regain it, but studies show that once gone, it's gone. You can kind of learn to fake it.  Might be worth a try?  Well, it's not as fun, though, is it?

Crawl back under your rock asshole.  Your assholerly is exhausting, as if there isn't enough of it in the world.

You don't seem to have any empathy for people who have a different political view from your own... Cool
So about the man who is president, AP fact checks him as well.
Trump is fabricating the circumstances regarding jobs, the economy and the social safety net

Quote:TRUMP: “We’re saving Social Security. The Democrats will destroy Social Security. We’re saving Medicare. The Democrats want to destroy Medicare. ...We will keep it going. We’re making it stronger. We’re making Social Security stronger.” — remarks Wednesday.
TRUMP, promoting Montana Republican Matt Rosendale’s Senate campaign: “I’m going to protect your Social Security. We’re going to take care of your Social Security. Matt Rosendale is going to make sure we’re not touching your Social Security and your Medicare is only going one way. That’s stronger.” — Montana rally Thursday.
THE FACTS: Trump hasn’t made Medicare and Social Security stronger.

Quote:TRUMP: “‘Ford has abruptly killed a plan to sell a Chinese-made small vehicle in the U.S. because of the prospect of higher U.S. Tariffs.’ CNBC. This is just the beginning. This car can now be BUILT IN THE U.S.A. and Ford will pay no tariffs!” — tweet Sunday.

THE FACTS: It’s not true that Trump’s taxes on Chinese imports will now mean the Focus Active can be built in the U.S.

Quote:TRUMP: “We are breaking all Jobs and Economic Records.” — tweet Saturday.
TRUMP: “The Economy is booming like never before, Jobs are at Historic Highs.” — tweet Thursday.
THE FACTS: The economy, though healthy, has been in better shape at many times in the past.

Quote:TRUMP: “The Dems have tried every trick in the playbook-call me everything under the sun. But if I’m all of those terrible things, how come I beat them so badly, 306-223?” — tweet Saturday.

THE FACTS: For the record, Trump misstates the Electoral College vote in his 2016 presidential race against Democrat Hillary Clinton. The official count was 304 to 227, according to an Associated Press tally of the electoral votes in every state.

Quote:TRUMP: “Isn’t it a shame that someone can write an article or book, totally make up stories and form a picture of a person that is literally the exact opposite of the fact, and get away with it without retribution or cost. Don’t know why Washington politicians don’t change libel laws?” — tweet Wednesday.
TRUMP, addressing GOP Sens. John Thune and Mike Rounds of South Dakota: “We have lousy libel laws... ‘Hey Mike and John, could you do me a favor? Create some libel laws, that when people say stuff bad about you, you can sue them and if you’re right, you win.’” — remarks Friday at fundraising event in South Dakota.
THE FACTS: He misstates libel law in claiming that someone can “totally make up stories” or freely write “fake news” without penalty.

Quote:TRUMP, questioning whether one of his senior officials acted illegally about an administration effort to thwart his agenda: “TREASON?” — tweet Wednesday.

THE FACTS: Not treason. The official who wrote anonymously in The New York Times about the “quiet resistance” against Trump is surely disloyal to the president but not a traitor in the legal sense.

None of these even say "True, But..." The way the OP did.  Literally the man can barely speak without an outright lie falling out of his pie hole.

I could fill pages with these fact checks.  Hmm, I think I will!  Thanks for making this thread. Let's now compare Obama's Nose Growing to Trumps! Everyone lies, politicians most certainly. I don't deny Obama's lies and half truths. Will you deny Trumps?

But let's see who takes it how far. That will be fun.  Stay tuned!
(September 13, 2018 at 3:10 pm)Aroura Wrote: I could fill pages with these fact checks. 

Minimalist already does, every day. One thread about a Democrat and your butt's sore. Rolleyes
Americans fight way too much about politics.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1230 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The United States and the growing divide zwanzig 73 3429 September 24, 2021 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1464 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1489 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 555 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Trump's Base is Possibly Growing Yonadav 66 3557 February 25, 2019 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Athene
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 1990 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  One Reason Trump is Intent on Reversing Everything Obama Did Rhondazvous 9 1281 November 6, 2017 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  I want to know, why do these people hate Obama so much? NuclearEnergy 42 14869 July 21, 2017 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  My favorite phrase: What if Obama had done this? NuclearEnergy 9 3163 June 21, 2017 at 12:44 am
Last Post: vorlon13