Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:55 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marrying a Prison Inmate
Marrying a Prison Inmate
Thoughts? This isn't about staying married to someone that ended up having to go to prison, but meeting a person incarcerated for as long as life without the possibility of parole and marrying them regardless of ever being able to have a physical relationship with them.

Are they crazy? Do you care either way? Would you do it and could you do it? Or is prison marriage now just the coolest thing since sliced bread?
RE: Marrying a Prison Inmate
In order: Not necessarily. Yes. Maybe, yes. Not exactly.

Never ask a question that can be answered with a yea or a nay. Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Its fucked up, stupid and ridiculous . If there is no sex, love will fade away .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
Not in order:

Nope, Not really, no and probably.
(July 25, 2014 at 6:01 pm)Elskidor Wrote: Thoughts? This isn't about staying married to someone that ended up having to go to prison, but meeting a person incarcerated for as long as life without the possibility of parole and marrying them regardless of ever being able to have a physical relationship with them.

Are they crazy? Do you care either way? Would you do it and could you do it? Or is prison marriage now just the coolest thing since sliced bread?

No I don't much care personally if someone marries an inmate, though I'd advise against it. I certainly wouldn't do it even if I were deeply in love. I think marrying a person incarcerated without the possibility of parole is self defeating.

---- Do you know of a situation like this, or are you just contemplating platonic love?
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
No fucking way. Most dudes in prison are manipulators and use women "on the outside."
Guess he won't cheat lol

No thanks.
Are they crazy?.. I think it's nuts, but they might have an extreme bad boy/bad girl fetish.

Do you care either way?.. No, but I worry about their mental health and it must be lonely to date someone in jail.

Would you do it and could you do it?.. There would have to be physical interaction, otherwise I couldn't even consider it.

Or is prison marriage now just the coolest thing since sliced bread?.. It's not.
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
How would she have even met him?
Do they have bus day tours to prisons these days.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Just got to thinking about it is all. I'm pretty much a loner sort besides my wife, daughter, random message forums and a select few friends I mmo with every other year or so. I think recently while waiting for my wife's new job to start I've been feeling very swarmed with no alone time and I love my space. I got to thinking I probably could live in some type of long distant relationship if I had to, but she would have to be in one of those low security prisons that allow couples to live 48 hours in their own little condo several times a year for the physical needs. Of course my current medication has destroyed my sex drive so I really don't have sexual urges but love my cuddles. Cuddles will be missed most dearly.

There would be some major drawbacks, but a few on the plus sides. It would highly depend on the crime and the individually too, of course. I figure they would be the ones worrying about their significant other's faithfulness and jealousy would be a very common annoying topic. You don't have to worry about them cheating on you, but they have to worry about you. I seriously doubt the person living on the outside is gong to remain faithful and not dabble with a little adultery due to loneliness. I doubt anything like this works out well, but I suppose you may end up with a really great new best friend of they aren't a sociopath.

You don't really hear of many guys choosing women inmates like you do women marrying men. I'm curious why they decide to go down this route, and if it is because people like solitude or possibly have just been burnt one too many times and wish to choose someone that can't physically hurt them or cheat on them.
I might do the pen pal thing. Talk online. Basically give the person social interaction as all people need. I wouldn't marry a woman who was in jail for life, or something. Even if it wasn't life, it would really depend on what she did. I don't have women falling over themselves to be with me, but a prison is the last place I would look for love.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First-time, non-violent criminals do not belong in prison. Jehanne 25 1543 August 29, 2022 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Transgender and prison? ignoramus 4 276 March 31, 2019 at 11:46 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Prison as punishment robvalue 53 4062 November 13, 2016 at 6:57 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Prison for gays paulpablo 20 5458 July 23, 2013 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas