Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 10:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is being trolled come with the territory?

Like when you or others post stuff online like YouTube should you just expect trolls?

lolz:

RE: is being trolled come with the territory?
Trolls? No, I haven't seen any trolls here in a while. A couple of Redcaps, or maybe a Brownie or three.... possibly a no-good and improper Unseelie Fairy...

But no, usually one doesn't see a troll online, they just have their eyes closed and imagine that the growling of their own starvation is the hair-raising roar of a piglion.

Are those entering the territory delusional? Probably.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Lol, comments disabled to prevent further trolling.
(July 29, 2014 at 2:30 am)Endo Wrote: Lol, comments disabled to prevent further trolling.

Hey now, we could have gone with the route of:

"Is english not my first language come I speak two?"

But then I realized how racist that was, so I went with the speciesist route.
The word you're looking for is "does"...
It does come with the territory, that doesn't mean it's deserved. If you put yourself into the public eye, especially on the internet you may very well attract unwanted attention from trolls and the like.

The guy in that video is a troll magnet, reacting like that just makes it all the more fun for trolls.
Indeed, is does come with a territory. You is either has a like for it or has a lump to it.

I hope I've cleared that up.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(July 29, 2014 at 9:01 am)Stimbo Wrote: lump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sj_U6vObUA
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(July 29, 2014 at 6:44 am)Napoléon Wrote: The word you're looking for is "does"...

Or just come right out and say it, and earn more points.

Oh show me your ways, wise Obi.
Pretty much, yeah.

I recently watched a doco on YouTube about the construction of the pyramids and other large ancient wonders and someone started a debate about giants and the "nephilim" building them.

Whack jobs are everywhere.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 451 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Where do these idiots come from? onlinebiker 23 2596 April 22, 2020 at 5:48 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I have changed my avatar. You can come out now. I_am_not_mafia 9 1264 June 9, 2018 at 4:49 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  The How Come Thread Rhondazvous 22 2584 May 24, 2018 at 7:13 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The end of this month cannot come fast enough Foxaèr 22 4341 April 15, 2018 at 11:46 pm
Last Post: c172
  [split] I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night Jesster 229 28567 July 17, 2017 at 2:22 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude
  I Think I May Have Come Close to Dying Friday Night Rhondazvous 48 17820 July 16, 2017 at 4:12 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Can something come from nothing goombah111 109 11563 February 4, 2017 at 5:17 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Come back, yo! J a c k 39 3895 May 28, 2016 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  How close have you come to committing murder? robvalue 68 6124 November 11, 2015 at 12:00 am
Last Post: *Deidre*