Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why must we be cursed with dreams?
Why must we be cursed with dreams?
Tonight I fell asleep rather quickly and easily and I had the most beautiful of dreams. I had my own beautiful home which I owned and my ex was wish me and we had the most amazing sex and afterwards we cuddled up in bed together. In this dream we had a family and my friend was downstairs with our kid. My ex is still the most beautiful I have ever seen, even though she has cerebral palsy. I have couldve given anything to make that dream a reality I would have. But alas our relationship was simply too toxic and I woke up alone in the dark in my two bedroom apartment.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
RE: Why must we be cursed with dreams?
I don't know whether to feel happy for you or sorry for you.
(July 31, 2014 at 9:50 am)John S Wrote: I don't know whether to feel happy for you or sorry for you.

What do they say about people and glass houses?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
I dream all the time - maybe every night though I don't always remember them when I wake up.

The other night I dreamt that I was stabbed in the back, right at the edge of my scapula, and when I told my mom about the dream she started rubbing my back and found a big muscle knot right where I had been stabbed. I guess I was experiencing some pain when I dreamt that.

I've also dreamt that I was being chased through a shopping mall by a noxious lime green gas cloud and ninjas, and I couldn't run away; it was one of those dreams where no matter how hard you try to run you can only stumble and drag yourself forward just fast enough to keep ahead of what's chasing you.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
(July 31, 2014 at 9:53 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(July 31, 2014 at 9:50 am)John S Wrote: I don't know whether to feel happy for you or sorry for you.

What do they say about people and glass houses?
They try to avoid taking a shit because the neighbor are watching, or they take special balance training so they end up impaled when they fall?
Signifying nothing.
I once dreamed I was a werewolf and killed my friend's dad. His dad was kind of a loser so my friend thought it was pretty cool. Big Grin
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(July 31, 2014 at 10:47 am)Tonus Wrote: I once dreamed I was a werewolf and killed my friend's dad. His dad was kind of a loser so my friend thought it was pretty cool. Big Grin

This was hard though because it was something I would've given anything for and of felt so real. Course I also had a dream of a car driving itself once
Signifying nothing.
I usually dream I am with a really hot woman, and when she takes off her clothes she has a penis.

Oh, wait, that is not a dream, that is the only way I'd bang a girl.

Wink
(July 31, 2014 at 11:15 am)vorlon13 Wrote: I usually dream I am with a really hot woman, and when she takes off her clothes she has a penis...

Lol that shit is hilarious!!!
8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
I have dreams where I'm walking around picking up money. I always check my pockets as I'm waking up.
Then there's the dreams where I've forgotten to wear pants and only realise as I'm walking into a room full of people.
I've fallen in love with a girl who doesn't exist and felt heart broken knowing we'd never meet.

Then there's the medical dreams.
I'm scratching my head and where I'm scratching caves in and my fingers go into my brain.
All my teeth fall out whilst sleeping.
Wake up with no hands and feet or no arms and legs. No scars, like I was born that way.
The cat has been disemboweled and stretched into a box and is somehow still alive.
I turn on the sink disposal, hear a scream and find some teeth and an eye down the sink.
I wake up with women's breasts and they are hungry sniffing at the air.
I'm at school being ridiculed because my arms and legs bend the wrong way and I have to moonwalk everywhere.

And I think I dream in black and white.
I don't remember colours ever, which is probably good. :-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Existence must exist at all times. Edwardo Piet 41 8662 November 28, 2016 at 6:46 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Dreams. Why should we have them ? Khansins 19 3967 February 11, 2014 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Rahul
  52 Life Lessons You Must Know! Big Blue Sky 29 6236 August 11, 2013 at 2:33 am
Last Post: Cato
  Must we be rational? Dawud 6 2793 March 12, 2013 at 12:55 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
Tongue God must be a Homosexual,Retard,Cripple,.... Phish 31 11698 October 23, 2012 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Must logic exist? Edwardo Piet 19 6110 December 29, 2010 at 5:00 pm
Last Post: Rhizomorph13