Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dreams. Why should we have them ?
Dreams. Why should we have them ?
So this has been in my mind for a lot of time , and I want your sincere comments on this.

Everyone has some dreams to which he pursues to the utmost extent. I have been searching for my dream for a long time. And I've had a lot. Sadly , I could never focus on them because there were too many.

I want a dream which can enable me to rule over the hearts of people and become Immortal. Of course there are many dreams that enable to you to rule and echo in eternity. But whatever we do here , is meaningless when we die. When our soul leaves our body at the moment of death , all actions that we had performed are worthless.Which dream should I chose then and why when I know my body will be in the dust soon ?
We all have purposes in our lives.Most of them are for the good of humanity .But there's no point in pursuing after your dreams all your life. Just there's no point in it.
RE: Dreams. Why should we have them ?
Why does impermanence render our actions meaningless? Why isn't the fact that they matter to us now sufficient to say that they do matter?

You're establishing your sentiments on premises that you haven't really demonstrated, here.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
What we do in this life doesn't become meaningless when we die. What would make you think that.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
Maybe your life is worthless, but that's not our problem.
Poe or imbecile? So hard to be sure.
Depressed teenager is my bet.
Everything I needed to know about life I learned on Dagobah.
We seem to be getting a lot of them lately. I wonder if it's just EgoRaptor being silly.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
We have goals in life because they are good tools for getting ahead in life. We can't account for everything, but knowing what we want in the long run can help us prepare to gain what we want in life. Obviously not everyone thinks life is meaningless unless we're immortal. Some of us even think life would be less valuable if we're immortal, since there's little reason to do much of anything if our time isn't limited.

Maybe if I made a concrete plan for work when I entered highschool, I would have gotten farther in life, but I didn't. It's probably part of the reason I feel like highschool was a waste. It's not like I need algebra or advanced literature in my every day life. Maybe if i had taken more cooking classes, and gone to a college to become a chef, I could be running a small cafe somewhere. Who knows?

It all depends on how big you dream, but you need to keep things practical too. If you're so obsessed with gainign immortality, maybe study scientific ways to extend people's lifespans. We're already living decades longer than people did hundreds of years ago. Study health and medicine, and help people of the future live past 100 years with ease.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Well, if you don't know how to act, then you face a dilemma: act arbitrarily, or refuse to act (for example, by hiding under your bed, or by committing suicide). I find the agnosticism liberating-- nobody is qualified to tell me what I should do, so I'm free to do whatever I feel like doing.

I'd like to offer some sage words of wisdom, but since I am immortal, it's probably not my place to say.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why You Should Not Chew Your Food Rhondazvous 14 2993 June 30, 2017 at 8:54 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Why them and not you? Mystic 45 6146 March 31, 2017 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Why free will probably does not exist, and why we should stop treating people - WisdomOfTheTrees 22 4559 February 8, 2017 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: WisdomOfTheTrees
  Why 'should' atheists be moral? vincent150 119 21813 January 4, 2015 at 1:13 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  If beauty doesn't require God, why should morality? (Bite me Dr. Craig.) Whateverist 94 15878 August 11, 2014 at 3:21 am
Last Post: bennyboy
  Why must we be cursed with dreams? Lemonvariable72 36 5280 August 2, 2014 at 9:33 am
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Why religion should not vanish Vox 56 9586 June 21, 2014 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Cato
  Can you forgive someone yet seek justice against them at the same time? Pel 20 7904 January 18, 2012 at 12:49 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Is 10,000 people suffering identically equal bad as one of them? Edwardo Piet 51 11626 December 24, 2010 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: jason56