Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 8:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello: I'm new . . .
Heart 
Hello: I'm new . . .
. . . . and sadly do not expect to stay long. I think this may be the same type of deal as the other forum I just left. As in, I expect nothing but potentially insulting things to come my way and no real help to understand the elements of science/philosophy that I have trouble with still (I keep hearing "google it" when I would like, and ask for, valid source materials). But I also seem to have trouble letting go of my attachment to humanity. Silly me. I say this because the other forum, like this one, is no haven for free thinkers as I was hoping for. I say this, because there are plenty of religious people here, which means there is a large, potential threat (how I have always viewed all religion). So I find this, like meeting anybody new, religious or not, equally as terrifying. Just being honest. But I'm here, welcome or not. Tiger

So, um, hi.
RE: Hello: I'm new . . .
Ummm what?

"I expect nothing but potentially insulting things to come my way"

I don't see the point in joining a forum at all if these are the types of expectations you have. I don't know if you realize, I will assume you're young, but if you insult people with your very first post you're not likely to be received well so...let's start over.

Hi I am Losty, this forum is my sanctuary the people here are mostly good people. Being the internet you're likely to see things like rudeness and insults, but mostly this place is full of love and support. I am glad you joined and I really hope you end up realizing that you were wrong about us and decide to stay.

Make yourself at home, I'm out of cookies today so I baked you some cinnamon rolls. Wink

[Image: Bp3UhH3CcAAKQS3.jpg]
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
What?

Welcome
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

You are not going to find a better bunch of free thinkers than this site.
Guaranteed! Of course it depends on which reality you live in!

Welcome.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Well, welcome aboard, I think...

You'll find a few christer nutjobs floating around here, but they by no means run the show.

Nor have I seen the regulars around here be less than helpful with people who honestly want to learn.

Was that other board you were on AF.com
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(August 3, 2014 at 8:03 pm)Losty Wrote: Ummm what?

"I expect nothing but potentially insulting things to come my way"

I don't see the point in joining a forum at all if these are the types of expectations you have. I don't know if you realize, I will assume you're young, but if you insult people with your very first post you're not likely to be received well so...let's start over.

Hi I am Losty, this forum is my sanctuary the people here are mostly good people. Being the internet you're likely to see things like rudeness and insults, but mostly this place is full of love and support. I am glad you joined and I really hope you end up realizing that you were wrong about us and decide to stay.

Make yourself at home, I'm out of cookies today so I baked you some cinnamon rolls. Wink

What? So you start by giving me just what I expected, then insult me, then insult my age and intellect. . . right, so, this was a bad idea then. Bye.
Ouch...I was just trying to be nice....
What would like me to say?

0/10

I've heard of thin skin, bit dayum.

If you consider Losty insulting, you should never leave the house.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
I guess I was being rude by assuming that you're young, I apologize for that. I still wish you a warm welcome. It's hard to be nice if you don't give us the chance. I just want to be friends that's all Smile

0/10

(August 3, 2014 at 7:55 pm)dreamer1234 Wrote: I say this because the other forum, like this one, is no haven for free thinkers as I was hoping for.

I don't get why you'd rag on the forum in your very first post and then complain when people are not welcoming. You're making out like you already know this forum isn't for you, which begs the question, why join at all?
Thinking

Well, for what it's worth, I hope you find this place better than wherever you came from.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ah hello? I don't know this is new to me FievelJ 24 2547 June 26, 2022 at 9:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  New here - hello! Orbit 16 1599 May 31, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello... I'm New Here ABQ505 17 1611 November 18, 2021 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello, I'm new here NecroTzar 20 2154 October 28, 2021 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello I'm new mrunk1975 7 637 September 19, 2021 at 4:36 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1766 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hello, I'm new here. FredTheLobster 15 1520 May 10, 2021 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hello, I'm New rockyrockford 22 1865 September 14, 2020 at 8:19 am
Last Post: PabloTescobar
  Hello, New atheist having a meltdown Dragonfly 58 7017 October 1, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Dragonfly
  Mostly new. Hello. Hobbitgirl 21 1850 September 27, 2018 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist