Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
embedding Pics and Videos into a post
embedding Pics and Videos into a post
Sorry ...new to the block ...

Seem to be having difficulty embedding vids and pics into my posts...even share HTML code won't work.

Is there a restriction or something I haven't cleared in my profile ???

tnxb
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
RE: embedding Pics and Videos into a post
(January 16, 2010 at 1:00 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Sorry ...new to the block ...

Seem to be having difficulty embedding vids and pics into my posts...even share HTML code won't work.

Is there a restriction or something I haven't cleared in my profile ???

tnxb

*clears throat*

At the top right hand corner of the box that you're currently typing in to reply to this post, there are some small boxes. The first two are "insert number list" and "insert bullet list". The third is "insert image" and the fourth is "insert hyperlink".

What I usually do I click the url of the video or picture and post it into the hyperlink.

It works for me Angel Cloud
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense
Tiger- Buddha

Still don't work!!
...STILL WON'T WORK...

NEXT?
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Youtube videos are the easiest, just put down the url, (so no embed, just the http youtube /v?=foepofjw ) and it will create the video itself.

Pitcures, use:

[img] http://www.locationof.img/name.img [/img]
{without the spaces, just for visibility), or click in full reply on the image button.

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSg4Y5u27Ik

[Image: 130110_haiti.jpg]

See http://atheistforums.org/thread-1998-pos...l#pid34882 for more help.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(January 16, 2010 at 1:00 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Seem to be having difficulty embedding vids and pics into my posts...even share HTML code won't work.

It's not HTML it's BB code... which is sorta simplified and has square brackets instead of pointy ones Smile

Eillonwy's guide (linked by Leo above) should sort you anyway.
Tnx everyone......

Was getting very frustrating there!Confused Fall

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Images and videos not displaying. Edwardo Piet 19 2025 October 29, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Can I Embed Videos YouTube That Start At A Certain Point Here On AF? Edwardo Piet 2 885 September 4, 2017 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Videos not showing up on mobile Aegon 6 1628 December 5, 2016 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Autumnlicious
  Embedding animated GIFs? LadyForCamus 4 1201 April 5, 2016 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Videos in posts not working Joods 8 3204 February 25, 2016 at 12:25 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  youtube link is turning into a video.. Marsellus Wallace 2 1555 October 10, 2015 at 9:06 pm
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Shoutbox leaking into forum LostLocke 3 1511 April 1, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Everything I write turns into 'undefined' please help Bad Wolf 6 2028 December 3, 2013 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Can't see videos pineapplebunnybounce 6 2424 November 29, 2013 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: pineapplebunnybounce
  Youtube videos not posting? TaraJo 14 4834 February 10, 2013 at 11:42 pm
Last Post: Tiberius