Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 4:03 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Declassified Bi-partisan Benghazi Report: "there was no intelligence failure"
Declassified Bi-partisan Benghazi Report: "there was no intelligence failure"
http://democrats.intelligence.house.gov/...azi-report

So it looks like the release of the report was buried due to it happening on a Friday afternoon, but the key details are:
  • Intelligence agencies were "warned about an increased threat environment, but did not have specific tactical warning of an attack before it happened."
  • "A mixed group of individuals including those associated with Al-Qaeda, Qadafi loyalists and other Libyan militias participated in the attack"
  • "There was no “stand down order” given to American personnel attempting to offer assistance that evening, and no American was left behind."
  • "The [administration's] process used to develop the talking points was flawed, but that the talking points reflected the conflicting intelligence assessments in the days immediately following the crisis."
So...no scandal. Maybe people can finally let this one rest...I doubt it.
RE: Declassified Bi-partisan Benghazi Report: "there was no intelligence failure&...
(August 7, 2014 at 8:04 am)Tiberius Wrote: http://democrats.intelligence.house.gov/...azi-report

So it looks like the release of the report was buried due to it happening on a Friday afternoon, but the key details are:
  • Intelligence agencies were "warned about an increased threat environment, but did not have specific tactical warning of an attack before it happened."
  • "A mixed group of individuals including those associated with Al-Qaeda, Qadafi loyalists and other Libyan militias participated in the attack"
  • "There was no “stand down order” given to American personnel attempting to offer assistance that evening, and no American was left behind."
  • "The [administration's] process used to develop the talking points was flawed, but that the talking points reflected the conflicting intelligence assessments in the days immediately following the crisis."
So...no scandal. Maybe people can finally let this one rest...I doubt it.

When's the last time you've seen Republicans let something as incidental as 'facts' get in their way?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
RE: Declassified Bi-partisan Benghazi Report: "there was no intelligence failure&...
(August 7, 2014 at 8:07 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: When's the last time you've seen Republicans let something as incidental as 'facts' get in their way?

Damn, you stole my thunder. We'll continue to hear about Benghazi and this may still be used as the excuse for impeachment if Obama/Biden if the GOP takes the Senate.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
RE: Declassified Bi-partisan Benghazi Report: "there was no intelligence failure"
It's not a question of will they drop the issue, but how they will try to keep it afloat. Not difficult to find out, if you are willing to read through conservative media or blogs. Considering how hard they were flogging the conspiracy at the time, I suspect that even 'moderate' right-leaning sites will find some way to keep it going.

And that's not even considering the probability that to conspiracy theorists, the "report" simply becomes another layer in the cover-up.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
RE: Declassified Bi-partisan Benghazi Report: "there was no intelligence failure"
There's no chance that this "issue" will go away. The GOP has little enough to run on. They'll never let this one go. Hell, they'll use Lewinsky against Clinton in '16 if they can figure out how to use her to whip up the faithful. The only time history doesn't matter to them is when they're covering their asses over the W. Bush years, Iran-Contra, or Watergate. Then it's always time to move on.
Banghazi will continue to remain dear to republican minds, whatever the facts are, until a Republican president is impeached and removed from office.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13L6pwjKsX0
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
Quote:So...no scandal. Maybe people can finally let this one rest...I doubt it.

Ah! That little disclaimer at the end tells me that you are getting the picture, Divi Tiberio.

Shel has been good for you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CIA=Christard Intelligence Agency? Minimalist 1 531 September 10, 2017 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  Trump Tweets Leaked Intelligence chimp3 8 2206 August 8, 2017 at 10:22 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Time For The Republicunts To Investigate Benghazi AGAIN Minimalist 27 5235 February 16, 2017 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Benghazi: What A Waste of Fucking Time Minimalist 0 957 May 18, 2016 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Benghazi: What's the Charge Again? DeistPaladin 111 14058 May 12, 2014 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Statler Waldorf
  Cementing a Legacy of Failure Minimalist 6 1688 February 11, 2014 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  The senate and its failure to get shit done. Creed of Heresy 3 1849 April 18, 2013 at 10:06 am
Last Post: festive1
  Protests over police and goverment failure in rape cases in New Delhi Something completely different 1 1310 December 24, 2012 at 2:52 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  A historical perspective: Dubya was a complete failure TaraJo 30 10960 December 5, 2012 at 1:42 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  American Intelligence. 5thHorseman 18 6404 April 11, 2012 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: 5thHorseman