Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the point of Heaven?
What is the point of Heaven?
Can someone please explain to me the point of Heaven? If you are good you go there and serve God, for ever and ever and ever, sounds pretty bad to me. A scholar said this, I am paraphrasing here. " If heaven is real and is as described in the Bible, it must be the most unimaginable hell" That sounds right to me, so why should I want to go there?

manowar
RE: What is the point of Heaven?
(August 18, 2014 at 5:13 pm)Manowar Wrote: Can someone please explain to me the point of Heaven? If you are good you go there and serve God, for ever and ever and ever, sounds pretty bad to me, I am paraphrasing here, A scholar said this" If heaven is real and is as described in the Bible, it must be the most unimaginable hell" That sounds right to me, so why should I want to go there?

manowar

To avoid dying?
This should be good.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Look, Paradise would be better: 72 virgins and/or 28 young boys, depending on your inclination. That's a lot more fun. Heaven Smeaven.
(August 18, 2014 at 5:13 pm)Manowar Wrote: Can someone please explain to me the point of Heaven? If you are good you go there and serve God, for ever and ever and ever, sounds pretty bad to me. A scholar said this, I am paraphrasing here. " If heaven is real and is as described in the Bible, it must be the most unimaginable hell" That sounds right to me, so why should I want to go there?

manowar

And the banana man is there?

And according to Islam, it's full of people like this.
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source...t4nhgmaGFw
The entire concept is "Heaven" is the juxtaposition to "Hell". It's hard for religion to sell its controlling fear to the masses apart from its supposed remedy. Heaven and Hell are tools of mind control - nothing more.
I'll take the one life I've been given over the bullshit promise of a life to come, thanks.

Or, in other words, "I'll take reality for 1000 Alex."
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
This sounds about right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFi08P7v9lo
To give the poor a false sense of hope...

An illusion of justice and happiness.

To conform them and keep them in line.

Lest they rebel against the rich and the rulers of this world, and overthrow the tyrannical establishments of old.
It's a good scam, no?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help me not fear heaven/hell Fleeing Jesus 128 12892 June 18, 2019 at 5:08 am
Last Post: SenseMaker007
  Your point of living? joe90 82 10302 May 9, 2019 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Atheists: What would you say to a dying child who asks you if they'll go to heaven? DodosAreDead 91 11026 November 2, 2018 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Why I'm an atheist, a point of confusion for many theists Asmodee 28 5456 December 21, 2016 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  you can keep heaven Amarok 32 6498 November 25, 2016 at 11:54 am
Last Post: mlmooney89
  Why do Deists believe in Heaven? Heat 33 10088 October 26, 2015 at 5:56 pm
Last Post: Mystic
  The Problems with Heaven (besides not existing) Mental Outlaw 0 1059 July 10, 2015 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Mental Outlaw
  Some questions about heaven and hell (for any believer) Dystopia 26 6086 June 17, 2015 at 4:15 am
Last Post: robvalue
  What is the point of anything? Nell 42 8251 February 13, 2015 at 12:31 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  whats the point of this forum? christianteen 32 6714 December 25, 2014 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: bennyboy