Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
grapplingignorance evil?
grapplingignorance evil?
hello my atheist brothers and sisters. i know it has been a while since my last post, and i apologize for that. well, today my father caught me watching a grapplingignorance video, and after maybe 30 minutes of research, he decided for me that grapplingignorance was an "evil" role model, and that he was worried that i was influenced by him to become an atheist. this is a little funny for two reasons, A) he had already decided that i was "a christian skeptic, searching for answers", and B) he was the one that signed me up for christian school and forced me to go to church since i was a toddler. so my question for you guys is, is my father right? or is he a complete jerk?
RE: grapplingignorance evil?
You simply have an ignorant father as most theistic parents are.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Quote:so my question for you guys is...

A) is my father right?

or...

B) is he a complete jerk?
(formatting altered)

I'll go with option "C"
(August 18, 2014 at 10:02 pm)ShaMan Wrote:
Quote:so my question for you guys is...

A) is my father right?

or...

B) is he a complete jerk?
(formatting altered)

I'll go with option "C"

He's adopted? !Confusedhock:
Is your father right about what, exactly?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Your father is an ignorant jerk. Plus, if he doesn't even let you watch youtube videos, it means his own faith is so fragile and stupid that he prefers to just close his ears and go Lalala on any opposing opinion.

Screw him.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
You need to ask yourself whether grapplingignorance has ever said or advocated a position that is actually morally evil, or whether his crime can more accurately be described as "disagreeing with your father."

If it's the latter, then your dad's in the wrong. Hell, even if it's the former it doesn't make the person evil, just wrong on that specific issue. Given how overstated your case is, it's almost certain to me that the answer to the above is the latter.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
Welcome.
This is another vanilla example of holding your tongue until you are old enough to fly the coop!

Count the hours!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bullshit "I'm an atheist but atheism is evil" article in the Grauniad boils my blood GUBU 13 1990 March 30, 2021 at 6:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Argument Against Evil-lution no one 19 3492 January 5, 2020 at 7:58 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Is religion a necessary evil? purplepurpose 35 5193 November 2, 2018 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: Dr H
Video God Just Changed His Mind (from Evil to Good) Mental Outlaw 51 14502 April 16, 2015 at 8:41 am
Last Post: Tonus
  The human male, Reason for all evil? fattychan 7 2425 April 12, 2015 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Do you believe in good and evil? KentuckySkeptic224 39 7724 October 17, 2014 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Atheism the ideology of evil Dr.Barré 40 18460 December 22, 2012 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  does evil exist in its own right? Doubting_Thomas 38 15648 October 15, 2012 at 1:58 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Problem of Evil: A Primer for Atheists (pre-discusson) Vincenzo Vinny G. 36 16894 September 6, 2012 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Evil Atheists StatCrux 350 158673 September 26, 2011 at 9:54 pm
Last Post: Violet