Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 9:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What comes from your mind during meditation?
What comes from your mind during meditation?
As an atheist that practices tasawuf inspired meditation(muraqaba) I have that takfur(ponder) is the best type of meditation. It is a type of meditation that involves deep pondering that traditionally involved pondering on the Qur'an. Obviously I am no Muslim and instead ponder upon philosophy and science.

I meditate deeply on issues and use this as a way of constructing logical thinking and observations of actions and thought. I do this so I can deeply think upon matters and address them.

What are typical thoughts that are released during meditation for others?

...Mew
Ut supra, ita inferius
[Image: 0c112e9da4d42c24a073c335a3e38de1_zpsezmp...g~original]
Uƚ ƨuqɿɒ, iƚɒ inʇɘɿiuƨ
RE: What comes from your mind during meditation?
I'm sitting on a beach, listening to the waves, and staring at the clouds. There are some beautiful women around me and they're not trying to start a fight with me or whining in my ear. I'm eating a massive hamburger and french fries. I also have resurrected Christopher Hitchens and George Carlin, and we're hanging out, drinking a few beers. There's a T.V. floating over the ocean, with the world's most intense, physical american football game ever, being played on it. Oh yeah, and there's no religious zealots proselytizing, spewing their delusional beliefs, and shouting their precious hate speech, while calling everyone a "sinner", that walks by. Sounds like an enjoyable meditation to me.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence." -Christopher Hitchens- My Hero
(August 21, 2014 at 1:14 am)Eel_LahjicK Wrote: I'm sitting on a beach, listening to the waves, and staring at the clouds. There are some beautiful women around me and they're not trying to start a fight with me or whining in my ear. I'm eating a massive hamburger and french fries. I also have resurrected Christopher Hitchens and George Carlin, and we're hanging out, drinking a few beers. There's a T.V. floating over the ocean, with the world's most intense, physical american football game ever, being played on it. Oh yeah, and there's no religious zealots proselytizing, spewing their delusional beliefs, and shouting their precious hate speech, while calling everyone a "sinner", that walks by. Sounds like an enjoyable meditation to me.

Atheist heaven pretty much. We all share the same dreams obviously

...Meow
Ut supra, ita inferius
[Image: 0c112e9da4d42c24a073c335a3e38de1_zpsezmp...g~original]
Uƚ ƨuqɿɒ, iƚɒ inʇɘɿiuƨ
'Where the hell are my trousers?'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 21, 2014 at 12:27 am)PhiloTech Wrote: As an atheist that practices tasawuf inspired meditation(muraqaba) I have that takfur(ponder) is the best type of meditation. It is a type of meditation that involves deep pondering that traditionally involved pondering on the Qur'an. Obviously I am no Muslim and instead ponder upon philosophy and science.

I meditate deeply on issues and use this as a way of constructing logical thinking and observations of actions and thought. I do this so I can deeply think upon matters and address them.

What are typical thoughts that are released during meditation for others?

...Mew

Personally I find thinking deeply to be dangerous, I usually end up thinking about the inevitability of death and the complex way time works which is totally inconceivable to my brain then I usually get depressed and prefare to distract myself with my life that's directly infront of me.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

When I've meditated, I've dun so picturing the sun. Well the sun as I know it as an orb of round, slightly light, light with a field of blackness. When I do this I find that every physical irritation I could not possibly have know before becomes manifest.

I try to ignore these as the want of meditation but they seem to elevate in insistence that I notice them. So I reset and repeat the process, focusing on my breath and the sun in my mind's eye.

It never fails that there is an itch, discomfort of the seat, my one foot is more angular then the other, just typing it is making my itch. So I'm probably to stupid or to body attached or whatever to meditate properly.

I tried it tons in my youth and still try it today but still start scratching or adjusting or just plain getting up and going for a walk. I find walking more meditative then meditating.
I've never taken the conscious effort to meditate before. Does spacing out count?
god is supposed to be imaginary
Well , personally , when I meditate these tentacles come out of my head and pick things up and explore. The tentacles seem to be taking over. Help!
It's not immoral to eat meat, abort a fetus or love someone of the same sex...I think that about covers it
"Meditation" is a woo word. All you are doing is deliberately talking steps to calm yourself and relax. There are many ways to do that without assigning it a woo word. Sitting in a steam room or hot tub, laying on the beach taking a nap, sitting in a field with your eyes closed feeling a cool spring breeze. I all is a way of relaxing.
(August 21, 2014 at 7:35 am)Brian37 Wrote: "Meditation" is a woo word. All you are doing is deliberately talking steps to calm yourself and relax. There are many ways to do that without assigning it a woo word. Sitting in a steam room or hot tub, laying on the beach taking a nap, sitting in a field with your eyes closed feeling a cool spring breeze. I all is a way of relaxing.

If that's the case then I find watching tv relaxing. If that honestly counts as meditation then I'm super winning at it! It's a no input medium!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheists will worship the Antichrist and become theists during the Tribulation Preacher 53 3255 November 13, 2022 at 3:57 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2834 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Nature comes first Rahn127 69 7294 February 19, 2019 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Most humans aren't too logical when it comes to world views and how to go about it. Mystic 28 3970 October 9, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Alan V
  brainwashing & mind control techniques purplepurpose 6 1715 November 24, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Changing ones mind about a subject Sal 23 2696 November 21, 2017 at 11:52 am
Last Post: Shell B
  Religion is fluff but the Doctrines are solid. Keep mind open. RonaldMcRaygun 12 2306 March 31, 2017 at 4:06 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  What would change your mind? hyperchord24 117 20297 March 28, 2017 at 8:13 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  The bible teaches that there is no immortal soul and that death is the end MIND BLOWN LetThereBeNoGod 4 1755 February 16, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Matt Dilahunty On What Would Change His Mind About God Edwardo Piet 14 5111 January 29, 2017 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Cyberman