Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 10:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Funeral Directors Around Here?
Any Funeral Directors Around Here?
On Sunday, I'm moving into a funeral home in the Chicago area while I go to school for mortuary science.

Anyone else on here also studying funeral directing and embalming?

It's kind of funny; religion is not a part of my personal life, but now when I'm working, it will be a huge part of my job to respect other peoples' religions and their customs. Fun fun.
RE: Any Funeral Directors Around Here?
Um,

er,

many years ago I perused a copy of something like "Practices and Principles of Modern Embalming'. To this day I am glad the illustrations were all B/W.

I've noted in my own family a VERY wide range of religiousity expressed at funerals. Had an aunt and uncle who had their ashes scattered at a secluded beach in Southern California with no religious service at all. Have also had relatives with 3 priest full regalia Catholic funerals.

Probably closest one to my sensibility was an older cousin of mine that had run off with a 'Hell's Angel' type in the late 60s. He stuck with her through a big cancer scare and her eventual passing from Lou Gehrig's. Service was about as low key as you can imagine, fundies might have been put out a bit, but because of all the bikers in attendance, they didn't go. I felt comfortable and didn't overtly embarrass any of the other 12 Steppers I noted there. LOL! I was surprised and impressed when several of the 'bikers' got up and shared their memories of my cousin. I recall being a kid when she 'ran off' and the horror the rest of the family experienced for her on her behalf.

I think she had a grand time.

Curiously, their son is an 'Alex Keaton' and if he wanted to, he could look down his nose at all of us there, bikers and not, but the kid is nice and his MBA wasn't too obvious.

One never knows, do one . . . . . .

And you might be surprised, atheists die too and some of your customers are going to prearrange a non-religious service, possibly to PO their families, LOL!
RE: Any Funeral Directors Around Here?
I don't have many undertaker jokes for you Lez....

Quote:While examining the the body of Mr. Schwartz, a mortician notices that Schwartz has the largest penis he has ever seen.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Schwartz," says the mortician, "But I can't send you to be cremated with a tremendously huge penis like this. It has to be saved for posterity."

The mortician removes the penis, places it in a jar and puts the jar in his briefcase. When he gets home, he decides to show it to his wife. "I have something to show you that you won't believe," he says, removing the jar from his briefcase.

"Oh my God!" she screams, "Schwartz is dead!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is basing society around selfishness wise (Adam Smith etc) Duty 14 1600 October 29, 2020 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Duty
  The New Kilogram Is Here! The New Kilogram Is Here!! BrianSoddingBoru4 15 1240 May 21, 2019 at 2:09 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Seven temperate terrestrial planets around the nearby ultracool dwarf star TRAPPIST-1 pocaracas 52 7108 February 25, 2017 at 1:26 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Earth-Like Planet around Proxima? Alex K 30 4331 August 14, 2016 at 4:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Antimatter belt around Earth discovered by Pamela craft downbeatplumb 16 7765 August 10, 2011 at 6:02 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris