Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
We are genetically closer to the puffer fish?
We are genetically closer to the puffer fish?
Has this piece of creationist banter been seen here before?

Quote:In the Y chromosome alone, humans have only two thirds as many distinct genes or gene families as humans. More than 30% of the chimp Y chromosome lacks an alignable counterpart on the human Y chromosome.

Natural selection could not possibly have fixed so many mutations into an evolving human population in the five to ten million years during which apes allegedly evolved into humans. Evolutionists tried to get round this problem by arguing that much of our DNA is junk and was therefore not fixed in the population by natural selection. However, this argument, too, is falling apart as more and more functions of ‘junk DNA’ are discovered.

In fact we are genetically closer to Puffer fish Fugu rubripes than we are to chimps. 75% of its 31000 genes have direct human counterparts. So by your logic- which assumes shared ancestry- we diverged from puffer fish, not chimps.

Some other differences..

Chimps and other apes have telomeres 23 kilobases long. Human telomeres are only 10 kilobases long.

The claims of "99% similarity" between humans and chimps are lies, based on biased research and faulty methodology by agenda-driven evolutionists btw.

If you make a model plane using rubber wheels and plastic, then go on to make a car with the same materials, does it mean that the plane gave birth to the car? No: it just means that you used the same materials for both, in varying quantities, in places even using the same parts. That is an entirely logical assumption.

Any similarities between living organisms in terms of features or dna show that they share the same designer.
RE: We are genetically closer to the puffer fish?
What? I guess I shouldn't really be surprised, normal creationist garbage that is mostly lie and all leads to the same conclusion. Creationism is vague and supernatural, set up so that anything and everything is proof of creation. They basically say that we aren't similar to chimps but that if we are it's just proof of creation anyway.

Why even bother with this garbage? Just say what you believe, say that it's faith and leave it at that. Stop trying to make arguments that don't make sense.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
It takes little to impress a creatard.
Peer-reviewed references or GTFO.
That's simple...they get another creatard moron to read it and shout "Praise Jesus!!!!!"

Such is peer-review among creatards.
Wait, they switch from talking about the similarities in the Y Chromosome to similiarities in the total genome without warning?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
That's it, I'm sold!
That was the final straw(man).
Who knows a nice honest Christian forum I can register with?
I cannot go on denying god any longer, it's wearing me out!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(August 26, 2014 at 9:39 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Wait, they switch from talking about the similarities in the Y Chromosome to similiarities in the total genome without warning?

Good catch, Rev. This is precisely how creationists make their 'points' - false data (or at least false presentation of actual data) and switching topics while hoping no one notices.

The thing is, creationists who do this HAVE to know they're doing it - it comes across as a particularly base form of dishonestly.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 26, 2014 at 10:31 pm)ignoramus Wrote: That's it, I'm sold!
That was the final straw(man).
Who knows a nice honest Christian forum I can register with?
I cannot go on denying god any longer, it's wearing me out!

If you go to the graveyard behind your parish church, there you will find a forum of honest Christians, or at least Christians who had more or less forsworn lying for Jesus. But I heard their forum is not lively.
Seriously though. Is it accurate to say that we are genetically closer to the puffer fish than we are to Chimps?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do fish feel pain? FlatAssembler 49 1814 April 11, 2024 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Penis fish Fake Messiah 5 569 December 14, 2019 at 11:24 am
Last Post: no one
  Science Creeps Closer To Fixing One of 'God's' Errors Minimalist 29 4293 February 24, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  FDA release on fish brewer 0 563 January 19, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: brewer
  Scientists discover warm blooded fish. downbeatplumb 4 1863 May 17, 2015 at 8:58 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  One step closer to proving abiogenesis? Scientists create "Near-Living Crystal" Ryantology 41 16624 January 31, 2015 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Abiogenesis: Closer Minimalist 3 1549 November 9, 2014 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Barreleye - The fish with a transparent head! pocaracas 8 2989 May 14, 2014 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: KUSA
  Another step closer to ending AIDS TaraJo 5 2303 March 5, 2013 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Sneaky fish frankiej 2 1263 January 6, 2012 at 11:49 pm
Last Post: passionatefool