Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phil Robertson Taken Down
Phil Robertson Taken Down
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/wwjtd/2014/...r-gay-sex/

EDITED because I keep getting Pat and Phil Robertson confused. But this is still one of the best Patheos blogs I've ever read.
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
RE: Pat Robertson Taken Down
ROFLOL I can't believe such a stupid fucker is rich and famous.

(I should point out this is Phil Roberston--the guy known for spewing stupid religious bullshit and not Pat Roberston--the guy known for spewing stupid religious bullshit.)
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
RE: Phil Robertson Taken Down
"This is not love. You cannot love people while ignoring everything they tell you about themselves. You are not loving people when you refuse to listen to their stories. You are not loving them well when you decide before hearing them that you already know all that you need to know about them, overruling their own self-descriptions and self-identifications because you are convinced you know better than they do what’s going on inside of them. When you continually speak of people in terms to which they cannot agree, you are not showing them respect or validating them as real people."

This quote was originally from the "Godless in Dixie" review of "God's Not Dead": http://www.patheos.com/blogs/godlessindi...-not-dead/

But I think it applies equally well here.
Luke: You don't believe in the Force, do you?

Han Solo: Kid, I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, and I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen *anything* to make me believe that there's one all-powerful Force controlling everything. 'Cause no mystical energy field controls *my* destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.
Quote: I keep getting Pat and Phil Robertson

Easy to do.
I can't wait until the popularity of these idiots fizzles out...it always does around reality "celebrities."
~*~Your beliefs don't make you a better person, your behavior does ~*~

~*~Live a good life. If there are Gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are Gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no Gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones - Marcus Aurelius~*~
Quote:This is a god who thought the solution to gay sex wasn’t to make everybody straight or to make gay sex impossible, it was to introduce painful illnesses that cause incredible amounts of pain and suffering and affect everybody, straight or not (but lesbians a lot less) with no explanation for why aside from some piss ignorant hick who really hears god’s voice. This god is either an idiot, malicious as all hell, or both. Even if he exists, fuck him.

Variations of this basically wreck any assertion that god is both just and omnipotent.
Quote:But I’m thinking, well let’s see now. A clean guy — a disease-free guy and a disease-free woman — they marry and they keep their sex between the two of them. They’re not going to get chlamydia, and gonorrhea, and syphilis, and AIDS. It’s safe.
It seems as if he believes that engaging in gay sex can cause STDs to spontaneously occur.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the CDC doesn't have him on speed-dial.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
If the CDC is the Chronic Dickheads for Christ, he's probably on the board of directors.
(September 10, 2014 at 6:30 pm)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: Variations of this basically wreck any assertion that god is both just and omnipotent.

Yeah, that whole argument looks really stupid when it can be summed up as "God created AIDS to punish gays, which is why children can get it from blood transfusions".

I've never understood why people want to chalk these far-reaching things to divine wrath. They're perfectly fine with God punishing people with a giant mallet while blindfolded, catching others in the process instead of using the scalpel and microscope he supposedly has in his utility belt. I guess it is in keeping with such great stories of divine justice like the flood and the ten plagues, so, there's that.
Phil Robertson taken down, stripped nekkid, butt fucked, and left in a ditch.

There, finished it off for you !!

Tongue

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pat Robertson finally leaving tv Foxaèr 20 2212 October 8, 2021 at 12:22 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Does anyone else fall down the rabbit hole Figbash 18 2358 October 14, 2018 at 4:53 am
Last Post: no one
  Thank you for more of your nonsense, Pat Robertson Foxaèr 22 3452 October 3, 2017 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: Puke Skywalker
  Religion was once again showed down my throat Der/die AtheistIn 13 2745 October 1, 2017 at 7:07 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Cinjin ; get down and shine my boots . Artur Axmann 1 970 June 5, 2014 at 9:56 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Duck Commander Phil Robertson Witnesses the Simple Truth HouseofSeed 2 2236 December 12, 2013 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  At which point can a state shut down and forbid a religion? Something completely different 11 4686 September 21, 2013 at 7:41 pm
Last Post: Davidthegoliath
Question Bringing Down the King Cinjin 40 9814 May 6, 2011 at 12:32 am
Last Post: reverendjeremiah