Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook Theists
Facebook Theists
There's really no point for this post other than an outlet for my frustration, so if its as pointless as I think it is, let it be deleted. A friend of mine posted this on Facebook. My initial reaction was to reply to it, but as it is, I unfortunately do not lack foresight of the falling out that would surely be the case.

"Just wanted to, not give my opinion, but state a fact. Being a Christian does NOT make you perfect.., it does NOT make you free of sin. So when you see a christian doing something you call "un-Christian-like" or "sinning" and then proclaim "See that's EXACTLY why I don't go to church."
No.... you don't go to church because you are ignorant of God's word."

The irony, of course, is that if I was ignorant of "God's word" I might actually be fooled into going to church. If I was unaware of the rape, genocide, infanticide, and the like, I might not think God was such a bad god. But I'm not ignorant of god's word(s) (or the lack of any evidence of his existence).

But, alas, I'm not an asshole, so I ignored it. Also, I like to keep the world in perspective and I realize how petty I am for taking issue with this status. However; the issue I do take is the idea that if I asserted myself it wouldn't be received well. It's a stifling feeling. So I came here and wasted your time instead.
RE: Facebook Theists
(September 14, 2014 at 11:19 pm)Exian Wrote: However; the issue I do take is the idea that if I asserted myself it wouldn't be received well. It's a stifling feeling. So I came here and wasted your time instead.

Don't you just love those double standards? Religious extremists commit mass murder over the centuries and don't get flak for it, but someone points out how illogical religion is and suddenly they claim they're being persecuted...
John Adams Wrote:The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.
God's word is a heaping pile of elephant crap, and only the truly ignorant swim in that terd.
(September 14, 2014 at 11:24 pm)Elskidor Wrote: God's word is a heaping pile of elephant crap, and only the truly ignorant swim in that terd.

If I had any balls at all, I would copy and paste this right to her post. It just felt good to read this. I would love to be able to bluntly state something like this and not accompany it with a single shred of rationale. "This is what I believe and fuck you." I hate treading lightly.

I know the exact line of friends and family that I would lose if I posted a sliver of disagreement to her post. The double standard is maddening at times.
Speaking of FB Theists.

Take a sec and plop a negative review for CMI.

https://www.facebook.com/creationministries/reviews
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Sad Page not found on my phone. Also will this broadcast on my fb page? If so, I might as well tell my grandma I won't be seeing her in the afterlife hahaha
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Lol Christians talking about others' ignorance, that's funny.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

You go to a church to give money to the church. A bit like paying to go to a gym with imaginary running machines.
(September 15, 2014 at 5:06 am)FreeTony Wrote: You go to a church to give money to the church. A bit like paying to go to a gym with imaginary running machines.

Or paying to pray that you'll get a sixpack.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(September 15, 2014 at 5:33 am)Fidel_Castronaut Wrote: Or paying to pray that you'll get a sixpack.

A spiritual sixpack.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random Facebook god post Rahn127 10 1367 June 27, 2019 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Just now on Facebook....... Brian37 10 1512 September 6, 2018 at 9:18 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Just met a former Muslim on Facebook Brian37 6 2711 May 3, 2018 at 8:28 am
Last Post: Brian37
  I wish I had yall on Facebook mlmooney89 115 16513 August 5, 2016 at 12:26 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  This is the message I just got on Facebook Easy Guns 15 4014 December 31, 2015 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns
  my ramble on facebook.. got bored Goon 1 1329 April 23, 2015 at 4:07 pm
Last Post: Goon
  My facebook group... Brian37 0 1222 April 5, 2015 at 8:03 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Schooling on Facebook with Common Sesnse dyresand 11 3372 March 31, 2015 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Atheist Bashing on Facebook Thor 92 19690 January 7, 2015 at 1:07 am
Last Post: dyresand
  Dat Dere Facebook Group ThePinsir 9 3833 June 27, 2014 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Nine