Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Thoughts On Militant Atheism
My Thoughts On Militant Atheism
Militant Atheism does far more harm than good and for any who call themselves atheists out there who believe that religion causes major problems in the world you are severely deluded to the political aspect of your world.

Militant Atheists seek to insult and belittle religious people who find their religion above all else to be logical, if they did not find their belief to be logical they would not believe in it. This form of logic is not dependent on evidence but rather it is a matter of faith. Further more you will never be able to argue against someone and win that argument, you will never be able to prove something for someone but they must prove it for themselves. In essence every atheist who is trying to disprove religion is wasting their time when they should be focusing more on the political agenda of their dominions... at least if they truly wanted to stop mass suffering on a global scale. All it achieves to do is create friction in a society where we should be living as a family, together, and inseparable. Instead we divide ourselves, by ethnicity, by political ideologies, by wealth, and by spiritual beliefs. It is from this division that we are so easily taken advantage of, and people like Richard Dawkins only seek to make the rift between us and our family deeper even if they themselves do not realize it. People in time will prove themselves wrong, making this whole militant atheism campaign a waste of time and if not a distraction and a scapegoat for governments to use to avert the eyes of the public from their political dealings.

I am not sure if this message will reach any of you, atheists in my experience are no better than theists when it comes to rationality. All they managed to do was fit two pieces of a puzzle together in a puzzle that has over a million pieces. There is so much to learn in this life we can ill afford to waste time in it.

So please reconsider your stance on religion.
RE: My Thoughts On Militant Atheism
(September 15, 2014 at 1:13 pm)Celestine Wrote: Militant Atheism does far more harm than good and for any who call themselves atheists out there who believe that religion causes major problems in the world you are severely deluded to the political aspect of your world.

Militant Atheists seek to insult and belittle religious people who find their religion above all else to be logical, if they did not find their belief to be logical they would not believe in it. This form of logic is not dependent on evidence but rather it is a matter of faith. Further more you will never be able to argue against someone and win that argument, you will never be able to prove something for someone but they must prove it for themselves. In essence every atheist who is trying to disprove religion is wasting their time when they should be focusing more on the political agenda of their dominions... at least if they truly wanted to stop mass suffering on a global scale. All it achieves to do is create friction in a society where we should be living as a family, together, and inseparable. Instead we divide ourselves, by ethnicity, by political ideologies, by wealth, and by spiritual beliefs. It is from this division that we are so easily taken advantage of, and people like Richard Dawkins only seek to make the rift between us and our family deeper even if they themselves do not realize it. People in time will prove themselves wrong, making this whole militant atheism campaign a waste of time and if not a distraction and a scapegoat for governments to use to avert the eyes of the public from their political dealings.

I am not sure if this message will reach any of you, atheists in my experience are no better than theists when it comes to rationality. All they managed to do was fit two pieces of a puzzle together in a puzzle that has over a million pieces. There is so much to learn in this life we can ill afford to waste time in it.

So please reconsider your stance on religion.

Well, what a lovely introduction, fuck you too. (How's that for belittling?) If you're just here to preach you won't be preaching long.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
So many fallacies, so little time...

I'm assigning a high probability to this one, that you are a one-post wonder; spilling theistic bilge across the interwebs, doing time for Jeebus/Allah/Vishnu.

If god-mockery wasn't so richly deserved, and extremely comical, I wouldn't do it. Extreme comedy FTW!

Meanwhile, ISIS cuts off people's heads...just another day in Religion of Peace-land.

So please fuck-off on telling us what to do.
(September 15, 2014 at 1:18 pm)JesusHChrist Wrote: So many fallacies, so little time...

I'm assigning a high probability to this one, that you are a one-post wonder; spilling theistic bilge across the interwebs, doing time for Jeebus/Allah/Vishnu.

If god-mockery wasn't so richly deserved, and extremely comical, I wouldn't do it. Extreme comedy FTW!

Meanwhile, ISIS cuts off people's heads...just another day in Religion of Peace-land.

So please fuck-off on telling us what to do.

I am not a theist, I am an atheist, but I much more prefer to call myself a naturalist. This is your response to a mature post?

Who funds ISIS? Who funds Al-Qaeda? Who funds the Taliban? These organizations who commit these crimes are NOT the representatives of Muslims and the reason the media focuses on them is to drive support for western intervention in the middle east! To advance the wests political agenda for that region. Your hatred for religion blinds you from seeing the obvious, I've seen muslims that have more brains than you do. Yet you pride yourself on your 'intelligence' merely for being an atheist, how naive you are.
Popcorn
Celestine,

Let me first say Welcome I already enjoy you. I hope this isn't your first and only post.

Secondly, I would like to open the floor to give you a chance to provide an instance of atheists taking militant action on the same scale as we have seen from the religious side.

I value your opinion and your take on life. Stick around and learn what you can Smile
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(September 15, 2014 at 1:26 pm)Exian Wrote: Secondly, I would like to open the floor to give you a chance to provide an instance of atheists taking militant action on the same scale as we have seen from the religious side.

Why? Can it be that the pen is mightier than the sword? Big Grin
(September 15, 2014 at 1:24 pm)Celestine Wrote: I am not a theist, I am an atheist, but I much more prefer to call myself a naturalist. This is your response to a mature post?

Pop quiz - what are the Three Pillars of atheism? No googleing around now...

Quote:Who funds ISIS? Who funds Al-Qaeda? Who funds the Taliban?

Seems to be rich Sheiks. Probably Wahabists from Saudi Arabia.

Quote: These organizations who commit these crimes are NOT the representatives of Muslims and the reason the media focuses on them is to drive support for western intervention in the middle east!

Possible, however unrelated to why atheists should silently let fucking idiots run rough-shod over the Earth. ISIS looks very much like a pure implementation of Islam, in all its vile, repugnant glory.

Quote:To advance the wests political agenda for that region. Your hatred for religion blinds you from seeing the obvious, I've seen muslims that have more brains than you do. Yet you pride yourself on your 'intelligence' merely for being an atheist, how naive you are.

No, I pride myself on requiring evidence for any belief I may have. All the major religions are a cancerous blight on the planet. The world will be a better place without religious bullshittery.

And now, a Prophecy from JHC. LO! and Listen Up Yo! -- I see this thread quickly going Ark-orgy in a matter of a few pages.

May Mohamed be bathed in pigs blood and Jesus give blow jobs to all comers. Only $5!

You see, when you tell us NOT to blaspheme so-called sacred things, the BEST thing we can do, as a free society is to not be constrained by arbitrary, sensibilities.

Sorry my friend. Just ain't gonna happen. Specially round these parts.
(September 15, 2014 at 1:32 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Why? Can it be that the pen is mightier than the sword? Big Grin

Apparently, the very small group of us are making a bigger splash than I thought!

The Post Reply button is mightier than the Launch button!
(September 15, 2014 at 1:24 pm)Celestine Wrote: This is your response to a mature post?

That was a mature post?

My thoughts on militant atheism:

[Image: atheistscartoons.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Militant Atheism? Data 274 10657 September 24, 2023 at 8:02 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Christianity's Valuable Contributions to Humanity: An Examination of Militant Atheism Nishant Xavier 137 6912 September 8, 2023 at 4:18 am
Last Post: no one
  Your thoughts on John Gray? Foxaèr 12 3174 May 14, 2018 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What are your thoughts on Richard Dawkins? NuclearEnergy 96 12974 December 6, 2017 at 3:06 am
Last Post: Bow Before Zeus
  Atheists, what are your thoughts on us Agnostics? NuclearEnergy 116 27023 November 30, 2017 at 12:09 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 27118 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Thoughts On Atheism and Faith ray3400 107 12653 October 12, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Thoughts Torin 2 1018 August 18, 2016 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  My thoughts on deepak chopra dyresand 4 1528 October 24, 2015 at 8:29 pm
Last Post: Darkstar
  Your thoughts on Satanism and the petition for a Satanic statue. Catholic_Lady 373 56192 September 24, 2015 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: Deepthunk