Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are IS islamic?
Are IS islamic?
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hom...31823.html

Muslim leaders in the UK are calling on DC (the PM) to re-brand IS as UIS - the Un Islamic State.

Thoughts?

For me this is ridiculous.... these (IS) people are acting in the name of the same god that these muslim leaders are... end of.

If they want an 'in fight' then let them, because that's where the problem is... islam is like a knife, it can be used for good and bad, but a knife is a knife, and the good users of knives need to tell the bad ones to stop, not call for murder weapons to have their name changed from knife to "unKnives" !!!!
RE: Are IS islamic?
The point seems to be to change public opinion of what it means to be Islamic. I guess that's obvious, but it ain't gonna work in the States.

On top of that, one group doesn't get a say in how another group identifies themselves. Especially when it's based on interpretation.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
(September 17, 2014 at 3:45 pm)lifesagift Wrote: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/hom...31823.html

Muslim leaders in the UK are calling on DC (the PM) to re-brand IS as UIS - the Un Islamic State.

Thoughts?

For me this is ridiculous.... these (IS) people are acting in the name of the same god that these muslim leaders are... end of.

If they want an 'in fight' then let them, because that's where the problem is... islam is like a knife, it can be used for good and bad, but a knife is a knife, and the good users of knives need to tell the bad ones to stop, not call for murder weapons to have their name changed from knife to "unKnives" !!!!

Symbolic rebranding of a group who take an extreme interpretation of their beliefs does not stop them being Islamic.

The moderates need to accept that these are their people and confront those who are teaching them radical ideas within their community.

The no true Scotsman fallacy doesn't work for Christians, why should we let it work for Muslims?
Dying to live, living to die.
The way people use the word Islamic is subjective. Same with Christian.
(September 17, 2014 at 4:13 pm)DramaQueen Wrote: The way people use the word Islamic is subjective. Same with Christian.

Please explain, because we have Christian holidays, and Christmas cards, but Islamic wars and muslims beheading our own soldiers in our country!
We also have Christian inquisition, Christian crusades, Christian fanatics, Christian morons, Christian terrorists.
(September 17, 2014 at 5:09 pm)Chuck Wrote: We also have Christian inquisition, Christian crusades, Christian fanatics, Christian morons, Christian terrorists.

Oh come on... they are facts from history... wake up my friend!

This is what my problem is, yes we had crusades, and crucifixions etc, but we are in the 21st century.... and it doesn't happen... Christianity is now happy clappy, whereas Islam is still murderous !
From what I've been hearing, it's so weird to me that Islam is growing in Europe. Quite a disappointing thing to hear, personally Sad
If the hypothetical idea of an afterlife means more to you than the objectively true reality we all share, then you deserve no respect.
(September 17, 2014 at 5:15 pm)Godslayer Wrote: From what I've been hearing, it's so weird to me that Islam is growing in Europe. Quite a disappointing thing to hear, personally Sad

Well, they have Muslim-majority countries as neighbors, so Muslims are to them as Mexicans and South Americans are to the US, so Europe has around 44 milliion Muslims while the US probably has less than six million. They're a much bigger minority in Europe than they are here.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(September 17, 2014 at 5:19 pm)Mister Agenda Wrote:
(September 17, 2014 at 5:15 pm)Godslayer Wrote: From what I've been hearing, it's so weird to me that Islam is growing in Europe. Quite a disappointing thing to hear, personally Sad

Well, they have Muslim-majority countries as neighbors, so Muslims are to them as Mexicans and South Americans are to the US, so Europe has around 44 milliion Muslims while the US probably has less than six million. They're a much bigger minority in Europe than they are here.

Muslims are Europe's Mexicans?

Do they blow up your lawn instead of mowing it?

ROFLOL

Sorry - racist and insensitive. I couldn't resist.

Angel
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do leftists tends to be more sympathetic towards lack of humanism in islamic world Runi93 7 991 May 19, 2018 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  BREAKING NEWS!!!! Islamic counties have more then 1 Book Gooders1002 6 2218 March 17, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  hypocritical Christians complaining about islamic infiltration of the school system Ziploc Surprise 34 14178 November 3, 2012 at 1:39 pm
Last Post: Ziploc Surprise
  Making fals equivalency between Christian and islamic 'fundemantalists' Puddleglum 36 15014 September 18, 2012 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: genkaus