Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jesus wasn't really a man
jesus wasn't really a man
I stumbled onto an interesting thought while thinking about the miracles of the bible and how a miracle is really just any favorable occurrence that violates the natural laws of physics. so far as we know it isn't possible to break the laws of physics (if such an occurrence could be repeated consistently then it wouldn't be breaking physics). so how was Jesus able to walk on water? any reputable physicist could tell you that he either must have been less dense than water or he didn't apply enough force to break the surface tension. Men aren't flat but they are more dense than freshwater. Jesus wasn't really a man or somebody wasn't telling the truth. maybe godmen float, i'm no expert on this though.

edit: according to the bible, faith in Jesus has been observed to reduce your density.
Oh, and I don't have a soul to save
Yes and I sin every single day
RE: jesus wasn't really a man
I see all the so called miracles as metaphors, walking on the water is walking in the new life of Christ, its when we realize our true identity as being one with the source or God, we now walk on the water, not sinking below as the story of Peter. When Jesus walked on the water, when the water was in chaos, Peter who was in the water with Jesus, was afraid and began to sink, he was sinking because he took his eye's of Jesus or the Christ within. When we are one in God we also walk upon the waters, when we take our eye's of our true self we also sink below the chaos of the world.
ok, i see the metaphor. but it's still more fun to take it literally. I wonder how many Christians today truly believe that they simply lack the intensity of faith required to literally move mountains.
Oh, and I don't have a soul to save
Yes and I sin every single day
(October 1, 2014 at 1:53 am)backslider Wrote: ok, i see the metaphor. but it's still more fun to take it literally. I wonder how many Christians today truly believe that they simply lack the intensity of faith required to literally move mountains.

We are all like children who never really grow up, and that is why we like to believe in such things, it gives us hope, something to cling to throughout our life. Most who are happy with their life don't need to join such religions with their childish stories.
(October 1, 2014 at 1:28 am)backslider Wrote: edit: according to the bible, faith in Jesus has been observed to reduce your density.

According to me, faith in Jesus has been observed to increase density and thickness.
A mirical is acheaving an end through God either through or around the laws of nature, that an indivisual on his own would not be able to do.

Christ didn't have to literally be less boyany than water for a mirical to have happened. a more conventional means could have been employed to the same effect, and it would not be anyless miraculous
(October 1, 2014 at 1:28 am)backslider Wrote: I stumbled onto an interesting thought while thinking about the miracles of the bible and how a miracle is really just any favorable occurrence that violates the natural laws of physics. so far as we know it isn't possible to break the laws of physics (if such an occurrence could be repeated consistently then it wouldn't be breaking physics). so how was Jesus able to walk on water? any reputable physicist could tell you that he either must have been less dense than water or he didn't apply enough force to break the surface tension. Men aren't flat but they are more dense than freshwater. Jesus wasn't really a man or somebody wasn't telling the truth. maybe godmen float, i'm no expert on this though.

edit: according to the bible, faith in Jesus has been observed to reduce your density.

The simple would be, he is God, and therefore is not bound by laws of physics.
We also forget that Peter also walked on water.

A more scientific answer would be this.
An atom is 99% empty space, this means that there is no such thing as a solid. what stops you from being able to pass through object are the electric Fields produced by the atoms which repel each other. So in other words, you don't sit on a chair, you levitate over a chair.

I believe there is also an instance where Jesus walked through a wall, that being said, If you were somehow able to control the electric fields of your body at the atomic level then I imagine you'd be able to do similar things.

I'm in no way saying that this is What Jesus did, just saying we live in a world that is not as real as we perceive it to be.
Density (p)= m/(volume•faith)
Ah yes, the "what we understand about the governing laws of the universe doesn't apply to God because God is God" canard. What a worthless explanation, it doesn't explain anything.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(October 1, 2014 at 9:11 am)Drich Wrote: A mirical is acheaving an end through God either through or around the laws of nature, that an indivisual on his own would not be able to do.

Christ didn't have to literally be less boyany than water for a mirical to have happened. a more conventional means could have been employed to the same effect, and it would not be anyless miraculous

1 - The christ cannot be proven to be anything MORE than a MYTH
2 - Since no gods are proven to exist - your claim about a miracle is nonsense as well.

No one can prove that they have achieved an end through a god - or an end around the laws of nature.

Example - no matter how much a person prays - that person will die.
No matter how hard a group prays - they have NEVER achieved the regrowth of a lost limb of a human - even though a salamander can do it.

The christ did not have to be buoyant - fictional characters can do anything the minds of their human creators can bake up - except actually provably exist. Obviously James Bond and Harry Potter achieved things that also cannot actually happen in real life - and are just as real as the christ - ie - not at all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It Wasn't Me ABQ505 22 2015 April 20, 2022 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True YahwehIsTheWay 17 2607 December 5, 2018 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Physical man VS Spiritual man Won2blv 33 6069 July 9, 2016 at 9:54 am
Last Post: GUBU
  "My God, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me?" Was Jesus Really Sinless? Rhondazvous 46 6962 May 14, 2015 at 4:26 pm
Last Post: Vicki Q
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7245 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Was Jesus a God or a man? Rogue 272 34354 October 4, 2014 at 12:48 pm
Last Post: Well Rounded Rectangle
  Does Baby Jesus really cry each time we rub one out? Why sweat the small stuff, god? Whateverist 33 8593 August 4, 2014 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Is Jesus really worthy? BlackMason 12 2145 July 27, 2014 at 3:46 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  JC wasn't crucified, says 1500-year-old bible Cyberman 87 34815 May 16, 2014 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Confused Ape
  If Jesus was just a man, why all the stories? 1tasolo 38 9113 January 31, 2014 at 8:43 am
Last Post: catman