Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True
Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True
I've got a great big shovel and I'm dishing out the greatest apologetic arguments for the resurrection of Jesus. This time, I'm slinging the most jaw-dropping of arguments, one that launches the burden of proof like a mighty catapult into the other team's yard. 

3. Hey Nobody Said It WASN'T True.
If Jesus hadn't really risen from the dead, surely there would have been people around at that time who would have said so. After all, it's well known that the ancient world was full of Fact Checking Commandos that would have jumped upon any rabbi scribbling something incorrect, pinned him to the ground and cried "FALSE!" The fact that we have no records of this ever happening proves that Jesus must have risen from the dead 2-3 days after the crucifixion, depending on which Gospel you read, and then risen into the sky to be with his father on that same day (Luke 24:51), eight days later (John 20:26) or 40 days later (Acts 1:3). 

Look, the details aren't important. It definitely happened. Stop nit picking you heathen trash!

We know this because we have no writings of any skeptic who lived at that time who denied Jesus had risen from the dead.

[Image: ?url=upload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2F...ning_4.jpg]

Furthermore, we have no writings of any skeptic for the next thousand years or so who denied that Jesus had risen from the dead.

[Image: ?url=s.hswstatic.com%2Fgif%2Fspanish-inq...n-rack.jpg]

Even the writings of early critics of Christianity, like those of Celsus or Thallus, only come to us as they are preserved in the writings of early Christian apologists, who had quoted these scoffers for refutation. Obviously, the works of these skeptics were so inconsequential that no one thought them worthy of preservation. So we can assume they said nothing to refute the divinity and resurrection of Jesus. 

Now I know what some of you heathen trash are thinking, "Just because we don't have the writings of skeptics of Christianity doesn't mean they didn't exist." Well, allow me to shatter your faith by showing you that we have indeed preserved a written record of early skeptics who believed that Jesus wasn't a flesh-and-blood person:

The Wholly Babble Wrote:1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

So such things have been preserved, in the Bible itself. And yet the works of Celsus and Thallus are not mentioned in the Bible. Ah ha! 

Checkmate atheists!

...and let's see, here's another can. Where's my can opener? ...
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
RE: Hey, Nobody Said It WASN'T True
(November 30, 2018 at 7:57 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: I've got a great big shovel and I'm dishing out the greatest apologetic arguments for the resurrection of Jesus. This time, I'm slinging the most jaw-dropping of arguments, one that launches the burden of proof like a mighty catapult into the other team's yard. 

3. Hey Nobody Said It WASN'T True.
If Jesus hadn't really risen from the dead, surely there would have been people around at that time who would have said so. After all, it's well known that the ancient world was full of Fact Checking Commandos that would have jumped upon any rabbi scribbling something incorrect, pinned him to the ground and cried "FALSE!" The fact that we have no records of this ever happening proves that Jesus must have risen from the dead 2-3 days after the crucifixion, depending on which Gospel you read, and then risen into the sky to be with his father on that same day (Luke 24:51), eight days later (John 20:26) or 40 days later (Acts 1:3). 

Look, the details aren't important. It definitely happened. Stop nit picking you heathen trash!

We know this because we have no writings of any skeptic who lived at that time who denied Jesus had risen from the dead.

[Image: ?url=upload.wikimedia.org%2Fwikipedia%2F...ning_4.jpg]

Furthermore, we have no writings of any skeptic for the next thousand years or so who denied that Jesus had risen from the dead.

[Image: ?url=s.hswstatic.com%2Fgif%2Fspanish-inq...n-rack.jpg]

Even the writings of early critics of Christianity, like those of Celsus or Thallus, only come to us as they are preserved in the writings of early Christian apologists, who had quoted these scoffers for refutation. Obviously, the works of these skeptics were so inconsequential that no one thought them worthy of preservation. So we can assume they said nothing to refute the divinity and resurrection of Jesus. 

Now I know what some of you heathen trash are thinking, "Just because we don't have the writings of skeptics of Christianity doesn't mean they didn't exist." Well, allow me to shatter your faith by showing you that we have indeed preserved a written record of early skeptics who believed that Jesus wasn't a flesh-and-blood person:

The Wholly Babble Wrote:1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

So such things have been preserved, in the Bible itself. And yet the works of Celsus and Thallus are not mentioned in the Bible. Ah ha! 

Checkmate atheists!

...and let's see, here's another can. Where's my can opener? ...

Gob...
Here's the thing sport.

The Jews in that time where hemorrhaging members upto 5000 at a gathering!!! and all they had to do is simply produce a body and it would all be over. Remember 7/8 of the church was converted jews. because of all the reason Jesus blasted the leaders and the unfair practices. Paul's efforts were a small work off to the side which is why the apostles mostly let him do his own thing. they knew someone had to reachout to the gentiles, and Paul wanted the job so they let him have it.. The rest that followed Christ worked with primarily jewish people. that is 11 to 1 favoring apostoles converting jews to one converting gentiles, all of which again could have been stopped if the high console could produce a body. A fact Peter and john brought up at their trial in acts 4 that the pharisees had no answer for.
Quote: The Jews in that time where hemorrhaging members upto 5000 at a gathering!!!

Dripshit, you are so fucking stupid you'll believe anything.
Quote:The Jews in that time where hemorrhaging members upto 5000 at a gathering!!! and all they had to do is simply produce a body and it would all be over. 
Your ignorance and nativity is fucking hilarious
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Be kinda tough to produce a body that never existed, lol. Christianity, or...all the fractious cults that would eventually -become- it... caught on in rome, in the 2 and 3 hundreds..as a benefit of it's collaboration with the state in event of regime change.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 4, 2018 at 12:59 pm)Amarok Wrote:
Quote:The Jews in that time where hemorrhaging members upto 5000 at a gathering!!! and all they had to do is simply produce a body and it would all be over. 
Your ignorance and nativity is fucking hilarious

glob.. You are seriouly just going to drop a personal insult to wipe away a proclaimed historical fact? Do you reall think your 'nut-huh' carries that much weight? maybe to your light minded members but serious thinker do you think attacking me changes what I said?

that (meaning the converted)  my short sighted/unfamiliar with logistics friend is called a base or often referred to as a foundation. Without a deep strong foundation or base Christianity AND Judaism would have failed long before now.

So despite what your little mind likes to hear, and despite what minnie says to himself. Christianity had to start out like gang busters/a wild fire in order to sustain the numbers during the persecution of the church and the destruction of the temple in 70AD by Rome.. without Christianity's strong base and ties to judaism the jews would have been lost to time as well, (Ever hear of the septuagint? ever wonder why it is in Greek and not Hebrew) Because as all their texts books of law genealogies ritual items were lost to rome and fire in 70AD. (ALL the sadducees died which where the majority ruling class) It was Christianity who reset the jews even during their own persecution, which means members floated or went both ways for a while. which also points to a very large and strong religious foundation, which again points back to massive member base... Which also explains why Jews today believe in an after life as the were reset pharicacial jews and not a sadducee. (because Christians believe in an after life.)

So then if members were not being won over in the early days when in your little mind did Christianity begin to take off? after the Christians were labeled enemies of the states and were hunted down not only by the jews but by rome as well? No. you have to go back before when so many saw Christ and so many were healed by him and first hand accounts were all over the place and strong, not to mention having 11 eye witnesses claiming the same thing who were again focused on jewish conversion.

(December 4, 2018 at 1:01 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: Be kinda tough to produce a body that never existed, lol.  Christianity, or...all the fractious cults that would eventually -become- it... caught on in rome, in the 2 and 3 hundreds..as a benefit of it's collaboration with the state in event of regime change.

what makes you smarted that the vast majority of secular Historians who do indeed acknowledge Christ? Don't get me wrong I concede mythistics do rule Russian thoughts on Christ, but here in the real word what makes you think a sparse minority, (people like you) has evidence that mainstream historians do not?
Quote:You are seriouly just going to drop a personal insult to wipe away a proclaimed historical fact?

What "historical fact" is that, moron?
(December 4, 2018 at 1:40 pm)Drich Wrote: what makes you smarted that the vast majority of secular Historians who do indeed acknowledge Christ? 

I love it when I can get you guys to say that, it puts christian disingenuity on full display.  What's that about some "christ" that the majority of historians agree on? You must mean "jesus"..a hypothetical deaded nutball.  Which "jesus" do they agree on, again....?

Why?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 4, 2018 at 12:48 pm)Drich Wrote: The Jews in that time where hemorrhaging members upto 5000 at a gathering!!! and all they had to do is simply produce a body and it would all be over. Remember 7/8 of the church was converted jews. because of all the reason Jesus blasted the leaders and the unfair practices. Paul's efforts were a small work off to the side which is why the apostles mostly let him do his own thing. they knew someone had to reachout to the gentiles, and Paul wanted the job so they let him have it.. The rest that followed Christ worked with primarily jewish people. that is 11 to 1 favoring apostoles converting jews to one converting gentiles, all of which again could have been stopped if the high console could produce a body. A fact Peter and john brought up at their trial in acts 4 that the pharisees had no answer for.

You're using folklore to prove your mythology. 

Your very own scripture indicates that early Christianity wasn't so clear about who and what Jesus was. 

Quote:1 John 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

This is a reference to the Docetic Christians who thought Jesus was just a spirit. Now why would they think so in the very era when there were people who supposedly had seen the flesh-and-blood Jesus? And why does "John" condemn them with the words of faith, calling upon the reader to "believe" and "confess" that Jesus had come in the flesh instead of appealing to an obvious history?
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
(December 4, 2018 at 2:19 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote:
(December 4, 2018 at 1:40 pm)Drich Wrote: what makes you smarted that the vast majority of secular Historians who do indeed acknowledge Christ? 

I love it when I can get you guys to say that, it puts christian disingenuity on full display.  What's that about some "christ" that the majority of historians agree on? You must mean "jesus"..a hypothetical deaded nutball.  Which "jesus" do they agree on, again....?

Why?

Jesus as a historical figure who started a movement called Christianity.

Why?
letters from pliny the younger to the emperor of Rome discussing the interrogation of Christians and their intent being harmless but has the potential of uprising.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pliny_the_...Christians

Then you have a letter from emperor Tragen Himself detailing what he thought was dangerous and his plan to fix his 'problem.' all of this just 30 years after the destruction of the temple you have a emperor detailing out who Christ was to the people and why he died and why and his solution /get themto deny christ or execute them.

This is all first century stuff sport, can't deny this. this is secular as well. you have an emperor of rome writing to a regional governor concerning the teachings and belief structure of Christ.

Kinda hard to have a christianity just a few decades after his Death burial and resurrection without having a Christ huh?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  It Wasn't Me ABQ505 22 1949 April 20, 2022 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2707 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  True Christianity Graufreud 53 4484 August 9, 2018 at 11:12 am
Last Post: Joods
  Hey Min, Get Ready To Have A Field Day Rhondazvous 46 7990 April 1, 2018 at 8:01 am
Last Post: Banned
  And God Said Minimalist 24 3459 October 20, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Hey Christards! Minimalist 30 4818 August 25, 2017 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. vorlon13 14 3061 August 1, 2017 at 2:54 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  App for True Christians (TM) YahwehIsTheWay 1 683 April 29, 2017 at 3:35 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Proposed: A common definition for "True Christian" Gawdzilla Sama 45 5024 September 28, 2016 at 3:52 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Christianity Can't Be True Because... pipw1995 75 11433 August 31, 2016 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Simon Moon