Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus: The Baby Faced Philosopher
Jesus: The Baby Faced Philosopher
4th century image showing the godboy without a beard and wearing a toga.

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-news-from-...e-29480874

Quote:El Mundo notes that Christ looks very different from later depictions: he has no beard, his hair is not too long and he is wearing a philosopher's toga.

[Image: _77994509_patenadibujo_graphic2.jpg]

Curiously, or not, the imagery matches a 3d century depiction from Doura Europus on the Euphrates River in Mesopotamia.

Makes one wonder when the bearded jewish zealot was introduced into the mythology?
RE: Jesus: The Baby Faced Philosopher
(October 4, 2014 at 6:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Makes one wonder when the bearded jewish zealot was introduced into the mythology?
I am guessing that would be pretty close to the time when he turned into a white dude.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

No, he's clearly as white as any other Greco-Roman philosopher of the times.

We get a bearded jesus in the 4th century.

[Image: ChristPeterPaul.jpg]

Coincidentally, or not, this dates to the time when the proto-orthodox had triumphed with the help of Constantine and started peddling their jesus shit all over the empire.
Reminded me of Uthman

And Aten
Simply put, the way I understand it, knowing that God created Man in their own image, Man decided to return the favor when depicting Jesus.

Case in point: Christ in China.
[Image: chinese-jesus-11.jpg]

Of course, a while back, I found an article that claimed to have reconstructed what Jesus would have really looked like. And, apparently, Jesus looked like Tuco from The Good The Bad and The Ugly.

[Image: 2ASc9x.jpg]
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ignore Your Health And Have Another Baby For Jesus! Nope 25 4248 June 10, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  My baby's momma found Jesus... The Reality Salesman01 53 11218 April 15, 2015 at 2:51 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7245 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Oh jesus you naughty boy. You know what I like baby. Zidneya 32 9429 September 17, 2014 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Zidneya
  Does Baby Jesus really cry each time we rub one out? Why sweat the small stuff, god? Whateverist 33 8589 August 4, 2014 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Quiverfull christian baby machines downbeatplumb 14 3587 May 27, 2013 at 11:00 am
Last Post: Psykhronic
  Baby born with anencephaly to please jesus? Erinome 129 73167 May 30, 2012 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Christianity's charge to a new baby. Anymouse 1 1416 June 22, 2011 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: bozo
  Jesus the Spiritual Warrior vs Jesus the Sacrificial Lamb Dosaiah 8 7388 December 5, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Oregon faith-healing parents fight to get baby back, face criminal charges binny 10 3347 August 4, 2010 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: Thor