Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 5:40 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quiverfull christian baby machines
Quiverfull christian baby machines
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22526252

Quote:Quiverfull families tend to believe in male headship - the principle, also derived from the Bible, that men should lead households.

Feminists are perhaps the fiercest critics of the budding Quiverfull movement.

They accuse it of trying to undo the equality and freedom won for women over decades of struggle, and claim that the idea of automatic male leadership is anachronistic.

But advocates say their approach to family life is both authentically Christian, and the best training for children to take on what he sees as the moral decay afflicting American society.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Quiverfull christian baby machines
....Can't....Fucking....Resist.....

This is some seriously scary stuff. It's not new to me, it has been around for awhile. These fundies are wonderfully sneaky and insidious. I'm telling you, these guys make Joseph Geobbels look like an amateur. They'll get their message across any kind of way that they can. And they don't mind waiting. So now they're going to inundate us with a mob of raving Xtian loonie warriors in our old age to take over and prepare for the end-times. Yay!

This is another informative article on what's happening here in the US re: these religious wackjobs.
http://www.alternet.org/bizarre-christia...paging=off

The thing that gets me most upset is how they just don't give a damn what happens to the woman. If she dies in childbirth, so what. It was God's plan, I guess.
Quote:Speaking in regard to Todd Akin's recent "legitimate rape" and Paul Ryan's rape as a "method of conception" remarks, Amanda Marcotte explains the fundamentalist mentality that, "the fact that someone can make a baby means that making babies is what she is for. ... Women are among an array of objects to be used. The refrigerator is for storing food. The bookshelf is for holding books. The woman is for making babies. You no more give her a choice in the matter than you would give your refrigerator veto power over what food it holds because it didn’t like your method of shopping."
-from the article

I don't know about you, but I find this to be positively dehumanizing.
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens

"That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so brief could be on so great a subject". - George Santayana

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed". - George Carlin

These people are so irresponsible. It's not like years ago when people would have a shitload of kids in the hope that a few would survive. For example, my Grandmother was one of 14 kids but only 7 reached the age of 10. Most children grow up now. With a growing global population, people having a lot of kids are bringing us closer and closer to the time where something will have to be done about the number of people living on Earth. I know we are a few generations away from there being a big population issue, but we can delay it by not allowing people to have ridiculous numbers of kids. 4 would be a geneous limit, imo.

If people feel the need to have a massive family, there are a lot of children in care who need loving families to adopt them.
Raven, they are merely sick motherfuckers.
(May 17, 2013 at 11:56 am)Minimalist Wrote: Raven, they are merely sick motherfuckers.

They are certainly not healthy. You are right about that. The thing is that all those little kids are going to be programmed to think that way. I know from my own experience that getting out from under religious propagandizing all your childhood long is no mean feat. And the loons who propagate this nonsense get a free pass because of the place we've mistakenly put religious belief in our society no matter how detrimental it may be. Were anyone to try and go against this quiverfull nonsense in any kind of mainstream public forum you would have all those fundies yowling to the heavens about how they are once again being persecuted for being Xtians.
“To terrify children with the image of hell, to consider women an inferior creation—is that good for the world?”
― Christopher Hitchens

"That fear first created the gods is perhaps as true as anything so brief could be on so great a subject". - George Santayana

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed". - George Carlin

[Image: vagina_clown_car.jpg]
There's nothing more dangerous than a person that willingly engages in detrimental behavior with the belief that god will keep them safe.

I can only imagine that if there is a god up there watching, he's thinking to himself, "Take some responsibility for yourselves, for fuck's sake!"
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Quote:The thing is that all those little kids are going to be programmed to think that way.

Fortunately, lots of kids rebel against this kind of horseshit upgringing.
(May 17, 2013 at 11:40 am)Raven Wrote:
Quote:Speaking in regard to Todd Akin's recent "legitimate rape" and Paul Ryan's rape as a "method of conception" remarks, Amanda Marcotte explains the fundamentalist mentality that, "the fact that someone can make a baby means that making babies is what she is for. ... Women are among an array of objects to be used. The refrigerator is for storing food. The bookshelf is for holding books. The woman is for making babies. You no more give her a choice in the matter than you would give your refrigerator veto power over what food it holds because it didn’t like your method of shopping."
-from the article

I don't know about you, but I find this to be positively dehumanizing.

Given that logic, that your ability to make something determines your purpose in life, I'd imagine all those fundamentalists spend a lot of time on the toilet... Thinking
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 89340 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Ignore Your Health And Have Another Baby For Jesus! Nope 25 4248 June 10, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  My baby's momma found Jesus... The Reality Salesman01 53 11218 April 15, 2015 at 2:51 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Jesus: The Baby Faced Philosopher Minimalist 4 2856 October 4, 2014 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Oh jesus you naughty boy. You know what I like baby. Zidneya 32 9426 September 17, 2014 at 1:17 am
Last Post: Zidneya
  Does Baby Jesus really cry each time we rub one out? Why sweat the small stuff, god? Whateverist 33 8586 August 4, 2014 at 5:50 pm
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7437 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6343 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej
  Baby born with anencephaly to please jesus? Erinome 129 73162 May 30, 2012 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  Christianity's charge to a new baby. Anymouse 1 1416 June 22, 2011 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: bozo