Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My baby's momma found Jesus...
My baby's momma found Jesus...
So, my ex-wife (who is a dumb cunt), was an "atheist" until last week when she got what I can only assume to be a Christianity for Dummies book. I couched atheist in quotes because her position was merely the default position with no previous knowledge on any religion. I was raised Christian in a small town in Texas. As usual, she has assumed that she is privy to some information that I am not aware of and sent me a text because my son told her "that Jesus story sounds made-up". She gave me a quick news bulletin about Jesus and how he died for our sins. She then had the audacity to suggest that I pickup a bible sometime because it's filled with all sorts of amazing truths if you "know how to read it". She went on to request that I respect her new belief and her desire to impose it on my 6 year old son! Lol, good luck. I hope she's prepared...she has no fucking clue what she's bitten into. She literally couldn't be barking up a worse tree...
RE: My baby's momma found Jesus...
Oh boy... nothing good can come from this. Good luck, TRS!
I had a recent similar experience with my sister. She discovered religion and she thought it would be nice to write a fantasy book. Oh, crap, what she shared was horrible. It was literally nothing except the main character leaving home and mentioning god and praying every other sentence. The only people who would read that are stupid theists who clearly have no clue what decent literature is.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Oh, goodness.

Get her, TRS!!! Let us know the dirty deets, as they are sure to be comical...
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
This almost seems unfair. I don't have the slightest intention to tell my son anything about whether this crap is real or not. I'm going to take the same approach that led him to reject Santa this year all on his own. I've planned this since day one. My son is not going to be another vulnerable guppy like his mom. He knows how to think. I'm just going to approach this socratically and ask questions. He's the teacher. I'll lead him to explore satisfying answers to his own questions. She is in no way prepared for the critical bitchslap that she's about to get from the mouth of a 6 year old.

She doesn't even know what "logic" means. She has never cared about whether her conclusions are valid or not and is an assumption-machine! I've always thought that she was a likely candidate for a Jehovah's Witness trying to make their end of the month quota. Lol, all the same, ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock, and it's me bitch!
Man, she sounds painfully naive. That or ridiculously condescending. How can one grow up in todays world and remain this unfettered by critical thinking skills?

Well, she must've had *some* qualities that convinced you back in the day... Smile

Btw which corner of TX is that?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

"If you know how to read it". That should be a red flag, right there. The most important information, in regards to our soul, and we basically have to believe it going in to remain christians after getting done reading it.

I'm glad your kid already knows it sounds made up, and all you have to do is counter all the stuff she puts in his head with logic and facts. I hope you're the one who gets the most time with him, but the ball is usually in the woman's court with that one as far as I know.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Quote:Christianity for Dummies book.

You mean the bible.
(April 10, 2015 at 7:22 pm)Chad32 Wrote: "If you know how to read it". That should be a red flag, right there. The most important information, in regards to our soul, and we basically have to believe it going in to remain christians after getting done reading it.

I'm glad your kid already knows it sounds made up, and all you have to do is counter all the stuff she puts in his head with logic and facts. I hope you're the one who gets the most time with him, but the ball is usually in the woman's court with that one as far as I know.

From reading the thread so far I'd say she doesn't seem to have the equipment to indoctrinate, the kid will be unimpressed as long as there is someone at all available who is rooted in critical thinking, if only part time. That's my prediction Smile
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(April 10, 2015 at 7:22 pm)Alex K Wrote: Man, she sounds painfully naive. That or ridiculously condescending. How can one grow up in todays world and remain this unfettered by critical thinking skills?

Well, she must've had *some* qualities that convinced you back in the day... Smile

Btw which corner of TX is that?

Yeah, I met her on an aircraft carrier in the middle of an 8 month deployment...I had boat goggles, knocked her up, and then tried to "do right by her" by making her an honest woman. Worst mistake ever. The marriage part, I would trade my son for anything. 

I'm from Frisco, it's about 30 minutes north of Dallas. It's been built up a lot since I left, not so small anymore...

(April 10, 2015 at 7:28 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Christianity for Dummies book.

You mean the bible.

No.  I don't think she can read far enough to have extracted the parts she shared.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2761 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  I've found God? ScienceAf 120 27146 October 8, 2017 at 12:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  St. Columba's hut found Foxaèr 43 13885 July 13, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: FatAndFaithless
  If they found Jesus' turd what would they do with it? Fake Messiah 64 7040 August 26, 2016 at 4:40 pm
Last Post: Losty
  I found a pastor who has a strange fixation on flaming buttholes and asbestos diapers TaraJo 12 3204 April 30, 2016 at 11:36 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ignore Your Health And Have Another Baby For Jesus! Nope 25 4243 June 10, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Longhorn
  I found... this... dyresand 62 15409 January 7, 2015 at 11:21 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  I was lost but now Im found tonyintheLight 244 27638 December 18, 2014 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  In Christianity, Does Jesus' Soul Have Anything To Do With Why Jesus Is God? JesusIsGod7 18 7218 October 7, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: JesusHChrist
  Jesus: The Baby Faced Philosopher Minimalist 4 2853 October 4, 2014 at 11:24 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye