Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Myth of the Tiny Radical Muslim Minority
The Myth of the Tiny Radical Muslim Minority
Ben Shapiro (yes he's a Jew, don't have a heart attack) takes on Ben Affleck and the myth that only a tiny minority of Muslims worldwide are radical.

By the time he gets to the end, covering polls in many Muslim countries, it seems it's the MAJORITY of Muslims who favour radical beliefs, not a minority. Who knew? Not Ben Affleck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg
RE: The Myth of the Tiny Radical Muslim Minority
Um no one is saying that is a TINY minority. It is a huge minority. But it is still not the majority.

You still have a large enough few that are holding that region hostage.
(October 17, 2014 at 11:14 am)Brian37 Wrote: Um no one is saying that is a TINY minority. It is a huge minority. But it is still not the majority.

If any ideology inspires even a mere 10% of its adherents to such heights of destruction and hatred, it is a toxic ideology.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
How do other religions compare in similar polls?

Not all Muslims are observant e.g Albanians and Azerbaijanis

Isn't it weird that the Iranian people aren't that religious?
[Image: khomeini01.jpg]

That would be news to this goat fucker.
We've all seen death to America rallies, and they always seem to draw literally millions every time.

It occurs to me having the CIA setting up many of those rallies simultaneously around the world, and striking all of them with cluster munitions would go a long ways towards ACTUALLY making the US "The Great Satan".

Funny "the Great Satan" don't never do that, ain't it ???
(October 17, 2014 at 11:27 am)DeistPaladin Wrote:
(October 17, 2014 at 11:14 am)Brian37 Wrote: Um no one is saying that is a TINY minority. It is a huge minority. But it is still not the majority.

If any ideology inspires even a mere 10% of its adherents to such heights of destruction and hatred, it is a toxic ideology.

I am fair to history and all issues of dogmatism and ideology. I also hate that atheists are starting their own "churches". It is easy in the moment to claim " I am not them" but that does not and will not ever negate the fact that we are the same species capable of the same range of cruelty and compassion.

I am sure it is more than 10% but that still does not constitute a majority.

The long term problem for our species that has always been is our collective short term thinking and gap filling.

There is no way our species on a planet of 7 billion to get everyone on the same page and force everyone to like each other. I am hopeful though with social media that more humans are waking up to the idea that we are not a separate species.

It is why Froodo has not murderd me and why I have not murdered him and we are both ABBA fans that everyone else wants to murder.

(October 17, 2014 at 11:34 am)DramaQueen Wrote: Not all Muslims are observant e.g Albanians and Azerbaijanis

Isn't it weird that the Iranian people aren't that religious?

They do not have to be, but the core of their government is. And they are the ones with the power.
Here is the article from which he generates most of his numbers:

Link

As should be clear, he has cherry-picked the numbers to mean whatever he wants. Like when he claims that conspiracy nuts who question who was responsible for 9/11 are all radicalised/extremists.

He also has some extreme beliefs himself.
For Religion & Health see:[/b][/size] Williams & Sternthal. (2007). Spirituality, religion and health: Evidence and research directions. Med. J. Aust., 186(10), S47-S50. -LINK

The WIN/Gallup End of Year Survey 2013 found the US was perceived to be the greatest threat to world peace by a huge margin, with 24% of respondents fearful of the US followed by: 8% for Pakistan, and 6% for China. This was followed by 5% each for: Afghanistan, Iran, Israel, North Korea. -LINK

"That's disgusting. There were clean athletes out there that have had their whole careers ruined by people like Lance Armstrong who just bended thoughts to fit their circumstances. He didn't look up cheating because he wanted to stop, he wanted to justify what he was doing and to keep that continuing on." - Nicole Cooke
(October 17, 2014 at 9:47 pm)Aractus Wrote: As should be clear, he has cherry-picked the numbers to mean whatever he wants.

Regardless, I maintain my point that if even a mere 10% of Muslims, a tiny minority that should make Ben Affleck happy, turn into Islamists or Jihadis, it means that Islam is a toxic religion.

Even a tiny minority, even if it were true, is too many radical Muslims being produced by this toxic worldview.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Warning:You are in danger. Non-Muslim in danger! AVMXF 67 5329 July 23, 2023 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  LGBTQ Rights in Countries with a Muslim Magority Leonardo17 16 2319 January 14, 2023 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Leonardo17
  WHo is "The Pharaoh" in the Muslim Holy Book Leonardo17 14 1256 December 1, 2022 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  3 simple points to end the discussion with any muslim SaStrike 10 1344 September 20, 2022 at 12:14 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The only woman to win the Fields Medal was a Muslim Alexmahone 25 4764 August 28, 2022 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Eclectic
  There is no contradiction in the Qur'an! my answer as a muslim real muslim 37 3954 July 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Fall of Muslim science Fake Messiah 1 786 January 13, 2019 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Muslim men to not shake hands with females Rika82 9 1952 September 13, 2018 at 2:15 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  If a muslim grows old, do they have to dye their hair? Ruckus123 5 937 April 16, 2018 at 11:53 pm
Last Post: yragnitup
  So if Muhammad had long hair why so many muslim male having short hair? Ruckus123 3 1203 April 12, 2018 at 7:07 am
Last Post: chimp3