Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
45,000yo Human Genome
45,000yo Human Genome
http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...sequenced/

I don't know why I never thought of it before, but this article made me wonder what creationists have to say about our Neanderthal DNA. What arguments have you heard?
RE: 45,000yo Human Genome
Neanderthals are a myth

No one I know knows what a neanderthal is, at least that's what I think
Either they are just like us so what's the problem, or it is an illusion of SATAN.
The shitwits at AiG embrace it....with a few little oversights.

https://answersingenesis.org/human-evolu...s-culture/

Quote:After the global Flood of Noah’s time, about 4,350 years ago, the human gene pool, only about 1,700 years old at the time, was whittled down to the genomes of just Noah’s immediate family. Their descendants eventually dispersed from the Tower of Babel. Though they were all related, once they became isolated and in some cases reduced to small groups, distinctive traits likely emerged—characteristics that we now associate with the fossils of various “archaic” (i.e. ancient and extinct) people, who were nevertheless fully human.

They like the idea that all people are interrelated....although they seem to gloss over the fact that HNS dna does not appear in African populations (probably too complicated for them) but they insist that their fables are true and the morons who listen to them probably feel vindicated.

I imagine we have a few such shitwits hanging around here. Haven't seen Waldork in a while. He instantly pops to mind.
I would expect something to do with Noah.

ETA: Ha there it is.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
There is no scientific discovery so significant that creationists won't twist it to suit their slimy agenda.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 24, 2014 at 8:01 pm)DramaQueen Wrote: Neanderthals are a myth

No one I know knows what a neanderthal is, at least that's what I think

You're playing this for the lulz?
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
What does that mean? Is it an idiom
(October 24, 2014 at 9:09 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: There is no scientific discovery so significant that creationists won't twist it to suit their slimy agenda.

Boru

Indeed. They think this

[Image: 310bnBrS4cL.jpg]

is an artifact from the garden of fucking eden.
(October 24, 2014 at 9:43 pm)DramaQueen Wrote: What does that mean? Is it an idiom

Do you even Google?
Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Genome Data From Egyptian Mummies Mrs.B 4 714 June 1, 2017 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Minimalist