Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 2:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from a Christian
Thoughts from a Christian
Hello, I made this vlog with a few specific Youtube atheists in mind, but I thought it would be appropriate to share it with the larger atheist community, so I joined this forum in order to post it. Any feedback would be welcome.

{snip}
RE: Thoughts from a Christian
I would suggest you repost the challenge in text and read the rules. 30 days or 30 posts before you can post links and videos. Just to deal with spammers as we get so many. Though what do you intend to do if a atheist beats your challenge?
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
I don't even care, I did not watch your video either ...

If you are not capable of respecting rules, do not have an avatar, did not post your intro you are IMO more than likely drive-by 1 post shooter, not worthy of mine or anybody's attention here, no cookies for you Devil
Why Won't God Heal Amputees ? 

Oči moje na ormaru stoje i gledaju kako sarma kipi  Tongue
Yeah I'm not watching that.

What is the atheist one month challenge?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

The point of the video is that trmof has had personal experiences that he interprets to be his holy father. Basically Drich's admonition to knock on God's door (and make sure it's the Christian God's address). Whoopty-doo.

In other words, convince yourself that "the Universe is talking to me." And then you'll notice that it is!! Whoa!
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza
Quote:The point of the video is that trmof has had personal experiences that he interprets to be his holy father.

Ah. Just one more shithead, then.
(October 25, 2014 at 12:31 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: I would suggest you repost the challenge in text and read the rules. 30 days or 30 posts before you can post links and videos. Just to deal with spammers as we get so many. Though what do you intend to do if a atheist beats your challenge?

My apologies. I did peruse the rules, but I must have glossed over that one. It's an understandable rule, however, considering the nature of the topic. I'll consider reposting this as text if time allows.

Also, it's not really that kind of challenge. It's more of a call to examine your beliefs from a slightly different angle than usual, which, if carried out, would hopefully make discussions on the topic more productive, at least in theory.

(October 25, 2014 at 12:47 pm)FifthElement Wrote: I don't even care, I did not watch your video either ...

If you are not capable of respecting rules, do not have an avatar, did not post your intro you are IMO more than likely drive-by 1 post shooter, not worthy of mine or anybody's attention here, no cookies for you Devil

The video would have served as an intro, so I'll try to summarize it later.
Quote:It's more of a call to examine your beliefs from a slightly different angle than usual

What makes you think we haven't?

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 25, 2014 at 2:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: What makes you think we haven't?
Because you are an atheist who HATES gawd and wants to sin, so obviously you haven't tried to find gawd at all, or he would have helped you believe in Him as soon as you started believing in him. Angel

... or something along that Tongue
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(October 25, 2014 at 2:03 pm)trmof Wrote:
(October 25, 2014 at 12:31 pm)Lemonvariable72 Wrote: I would suggest you repost the challenge in text and read the rules. 30 days or 30 posts before you can post links and videos. Just to deal with spammers as we get so many. Though what do you intend to do if a atheist beats your challenge?

My apologies. I did peruse the rules, but I must have glossed over that one. It's an understandable rule, however, considering the nature of the topic. I'll consider reposting this as text if time allows.

Also, it's not really that kind of challenge. It's more of a call to examine your beliefs from a slightly different angle than usual, which, if carried out, would hopefully make discussions on the topic more productive, at least in theory.

(October 25, 2014 at 12:47 pm)FifthElement Wrote: I don't even care, I did not watch your video either ...

The video would have served as an intro, so I'll try to summarize it later.

What makes you think I don't do that? I examine my stances all the time, and often change them in light of new arguments and evidence. That is why I'm not a Christian anymore, the religion just does not hold up to scrutiny.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Conflicting Thoughts Monalisa Dey 37 4122 October 21, 2016 at 6:18 am
Last Post: Losty
  I'm an atheist,but spirituality scrambled my thoughts. FractalEternalWheel 19 3737 January 11, 2014 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Me and My Thoughts Rayaan 18 4668 September 18, 2010 at 6:41 am
Last Post: Ace Otana