Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 6:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One world government?
One world government?
Has anyone ever thought about this?

How exactly do you think a one world government would work? Or could it work? Is it possible for a one world government to act for the interests of the people rather than the corporations?

Or how would it NOT work? What flaws would a one world government have?

Would social darwinism eventually cause the world to revert back into separate regions/states etc.?

I am very interested in this idea of a one world government and I'm trying to get everyone's perspective on it.

Could it work? How different would the world and its inhabitants have to be before this could even be considered a possibility? Would population control be necessary for a globalized world? How could it work with over 8 billion people in the world? Or could it?
“Love is the only bow on Life’s dark cloud. It is the morning and the evening star. It shines upon the babe, and sheds its radiance on the quiet tomb. It is the mother of art, inspirer of poet, patriot and philosopher.

It is the air and light of every heart – builder of every home, kindler of every fire on every hearth. It was the first to dream of immortality. It fills the world with melody – for music is the voice of love.

Love is the magician, the enchanter, that changes worthless things to Joy, and makes royal kings and queens of common clay. It is the perfume of that wondrous flower, the heart, and without that sacred passion, that divine swoon, we are less than beasts; but with it, earth is heaven, and we are gods.” - Robert. G. Ingersoll

RE: One world government?
(October 26, 2014 at 8:42 pm)smithers Wrote: Has anyone ever thought about this?

How exactly do you think a one world government would work? Or could it work? Is it possible for a one world government to act for the interests of the people rather than the corporations?

Would social darwinism eventually cause the world to revert back into separate regions/states etc.?

I am very interested in this idea of a one world government and I'm trying to get everyone's perspective on it.

Could it work? How different would the world and its inhabitants have to be before this could even be considered a possibility? Would population control be necessary for a globalized world? How could it work with over 8 billion people in the world? Or could it?

Suppose the North Korean government was the only government in the world. That would be bad. Suppose ISIS ran the world....that would be bad. While many governments increase the chances that there will be some bad governments....it also increases the chances there will be some good governments.
There is a One World Government.

I am Chief Assistant Vice Deputy Administrative Bureau Adjunct for Piscataway, New Jersey.
It wouldn't work, unless we had first achieved consensus. That we do not have but one government suggests that we have not.
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
If the United nations worked properly, that would be close to a OWG. You just have a bunch of allied nations with representatives that meet somewhere to talk about international affairs. I don't think that would be bad. I suppose christians fear it because it's supposed to be a sign of the antichrist. It's kind of sad when you have a group that does not want world peace, because they think it would be brought on by an evil force.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 26, 2014 at 8:42 pm)smithers Wrote: Has anyone ever thought about this?

We already have that in global corporatism. Banks and fuel are investments friend and foe, open and closed societies invest in.

Which brings me to something I wanted to ask you in your introduction thread, why do you think the guy in your avatar is so great? Che was an opportunist nothing more. What he built is nothing any open society would want to live in.

You do not simply have a revolution to have one. The Russian revolution was the result of centralized wealth in one class. Which simply shifted the wealth to a party. Jefferson supported the French Revolution and that ended up with a dictator.

I am no fan of our corporate owned government, but that is not the fault of the Constitution anymore than you can blame a hammer for the user bashing someones skull in. I am no Ayn Rand atheist and I hate libertarians even more than republicans because they are simply republicans on steroids.

But I am also not for a Cuba style government either. They have no political diversity and speaking out against the government is not acceptable there. Cheap food and healthcare and free education can be obtained without setting up one party rule.

I think Europe and Canada and Australia are examples of balance, although global corporatism is trying to break them as well.

But no, there will never be a one world government in the context having one entity or one global state. I find it absurd in a diverse species to expect all 7 billion of us to be on the same page.

I do think what is more reasonable is that we promote the idea that our common needs should be a bigger priority than our differences.
A One World Government wouldn't be stable or work.

But three would be fine. There would a rotation of 2 against the third, with the roles probably changing every 5 to 10 years.

I'd think each of the three governments would be deeply militaristic, and very authoritarian.
One world government is necessary to ban private space exploration. Elon Musk is the most dangerous man on Earth
No matter what system of government one tries to set up, you are still talking about humans running it with a wide range of behaviors and greed will always be one of them so any system will be open to abuse of power. Banning monopolies of power while allowing differences and keeping the gap between the top and bottom reasonable and not lopsided is about as close as you can get to managing a population without risking a revolution.
(October 26, 2014 at 9:25 pm)dimaniac Wrote: One world government is necessary to ban private space exploration. Elon Musk is the most dangerous man on Earth

Yes, because surely the prospect of pioneering a means to get off this rock if we fuck things up beyond repair is the most despicable issue facing the human race.
freedomfromfallacy » I'm weighing my tears to see if the happy ones weigh the same as the sad ones.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  why superpower countries do not overthrow Islamic government of Iran? Anti.Enslave 18 237 Yesterday at 4:57 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Founding fathers view of government Won2blv 38 2442 March 21, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The greatest FU to the government this 4th of July Foxaèr 10 1256 June 15, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  A Good Time For A Government Shutdown TwoKnives99 18 2388 November 19, 2018 at 12:25 am
Last Post: tackattack
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 1008 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2294 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Why does it have to be government vs market? Aegon 15 3095 December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Government By A Fragile Ego Minimalist 11 3001 August 23, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Ukraine is one of the poorest countries in the world Interaktive 10 3144 July 18, 2017 at 5:20 am
Last Post: chimp3
  Ukraine is one of the poorest countries in the world Interaktive 6 1512 July 17, 2017 at 8:15 am
Last Post: brewer