Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Good Time For A Government Shutdown
A Good Time For A Government Shutdown
Donald Trump has said: 

Quote:I think probably, if I was ever going to do a shutdown over border security, when you look at the caravans, when you look at the mess, when you look at the people coming in, this would be a very good time to do a shutdown,

So Trump has now decided to leverage the threat of a government shutdown in order to secure funding for his border wall, back in September, Congress averted a shutdown by passing a spending bill with a vote of 361-61 in the House, this bill did not include money for Trump's proposed border wall. In a spending bill passed in March, Congress allocated $1.6bn for border security. [1] 

At a White House event in August, Trump said he was looking for about $5 billion for the wall to cover this fiscal year, which some Democrats have already said they would vote against. [2]

In other news, Trump also said Saturday that the US military will remain at the US-Mexico border "as long as necessary," suggesting that the 5,900 troops deployed to the border could stay there past December 15, the scheduled end of the mission.

He also lauded the troops for building 'great fences' 

I shit you not. 

Just look at this rambling mess of a statement:

Quote:They built great fences. They built a very powerful fence, a different kind of a fence, but very powerful. The fence is fully manned,

I think you can all join me in saying 'DAFUQ?' 

[1] CNN Article on Trump's Remarks
[2] Transcript of Trump's Remarks from August 20, 2018
RE: A Good Time For A Government Shutdown
I’ve mostly been against the wall. Pretty much, because I think it’s a waste of money. We sent a bunch of money to Mexico some time ago for them to secure the border with Guatemala, and we can see how well that worked. We have already put a lot of money towards a border wall, which past presidents have called touted as complete and I would like to know what these additions are going to accomplish.

I’m not against securing the border, I think that a sovereign nation requires borders. I certainly thank its dumb to threaten a shutdown over it.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Fully manned, huh?

https://inhomelandsecurity.com/border-pa...-can-hire/

Quote:July 19, 2018

Border Patrol Losing More Agents Than It Can Hire

Quote:However, a recent government report indicates that Border Patrol is losing more agents than it can hire.
I can’t hire enough border patroll so let’s semd some troops, oh and let’s threaten to stop paying them. Oh then we’ll tweet about it, that’ll be good publicity - no sane person
"There ought to be a term that would designate those who actually follow the teachings of Jesus, since the word 'Christian' has been largely divorced from those teachings, and so polluted by fundamentalists that it has come to connote their polar opposite: intolerance, vindictive hatred, and bigotry." -- Philip Stater, Huffington Post

always working on cleaning my windows- me regarding Johari
The deployment will cost somewhere between $42 and $110 million for the WLB's publicity stunt and election scare tactic to frighten his moron base.  Kindly don't talk to me about "deficits" dear republicunts.
IDK if this is off topic...but...theres never a good time for a government shutdown.   The gov keeps our water pumping........................

.....?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Apparently they decided they had hundreds of billions of dollars burning holes in their pockets, but they decided to shovel it into the military instead of building the wall. So why is he threatening a shutdown now?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

5900 troops guarding a boarder nearly 2000 mile long. That's one soldier every 1749 feet. Unless they patrol in pairs, which will leave gaps twice as large.

Yeah. He's got that shit locked down! [Image: Eye_Roll.gif]
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(November 18, 2018 at 5:11 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: IDK if this is off topic...but...theres never a good time for a government shutdown.   The gov keeps our water pumping........................

.....?

There is never a good time for a Government Shutdown.. ever

Just wanted an eye-catching thread title.
(November 18, 2018 at 5:12 pm)Chad32 Wrote: Apparently they decided they had hundreds of billions of dollars burning holes in their pockets, but they decided to shovel it into the military instead of building the wall. So why is he threatening a shutdown now?

Because he is a fucking idiot.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Founding fathers view of government Won2blv 38 2421 March 21, 2021 at 11:48 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  The greatest FU to the government this 4th of July Foxaèr 10 1231 June 15, 2020 at 8:35 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Someone Explain This 'Shutdown' to Me? Jade-Green Stone 62 5396 January 22, 2019 at 9:39 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Government workers that promote AA Bahana 16 2250 April 7, 2018 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Why does it have to be government vs market? Aegon 15 3045 December 30, 2017 at 11:47 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Government By A Fragile Ego Minimalist 11 2950 August 23, 2017 at 6:36 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Meanwhile, in Romania - half a million march against the government pocaracas 14 2704 February 25, 2017 at 2:08 pm
Last Post: Zenith
  Sessions: Secularists Unfit For Government Secular Elf 9 1371 January 19, 2017 at 1:18 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Rick Perry to Head the Energy Department: Kiss Government Climate Science Goodbye Crossless2.0 31 5491 December 14, 2016 at 11:48 pm
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  Time To Stop Wasting Everyone's Time, Bernie Minimalist 253 27708 May 29, 2016 at 10:30 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd