Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
religion and laundry
religion and laundry
Every time I use the laundromat the religious types leave leaflets for the customers to use. So I thought I would try a social experiment. I printed up an atheist flyer and left a few copies in my local laundromat with an email address for feedback. The results were, to say the least, shocking. I left about 6 flyers but received over 50 emails, 46 of which were negative. Ranging from mild annoyance to actual death threats!
It seems atheism in the USA is still a very misunderstood and hated word.
RE: religion and laundry
Oh wow... can you post some of the emails?
Post the flier, too!

What a fun idea.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
I for one am glad that I had a washer/dryer delivered today and I'll never have to set foot in the laundromat again. Big Grin
What were the remaining 4 said?
Yes, I would be interested in reading at least a few of the emails if you have time to share with us. It may better prepare me for the eventuality of being busted out at work. Since religion should be an unacceptable topic of conversation in my state run facility, yet I receive religious pamphlets, scripture of the day, and welcome to our church type flyers in my personal mail box...one day I may just have to speak out for myself. I feel your isolation. I share it to a small degree. I come here to read for this reason. Welcome!
Did jebus ever use a laundromat?
Nah, just the sea of galilee and his washboard abs.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Sounds like a raging success to me. Go viral and you could make a fortune!
(November 2, 2014 at 12:30 am)Minimalist Wrote: Did jebus ever use a laundromat?

Absolutely, you know, when he was in town. It was right next to the camel swap-n-sell general store and spirit shoppe. : )

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  World War I, religion died in the 20th century, science triumphed in religion in the Interaktive 35 4245 December 24, 2019 at 10:50 am
Last Post: Interaktive
  Is no Religion a Religion. Artur Axmann 76 16576 June 14, 2014 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Muslim Atheism