Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 7:46 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good God and then Why Bad?
Good God and then Why Bad?
Me Hussian...

I quickly ask question this. very morning here so I quickly write else somebody see me and then get angry. but me one question this one. My Qur'an say Allah, the Most Gracious create in his view everything. I get not why so many evil?

I university student and tell the truth me only read bits of Qur'an but it compulsory my Abba say to read it full. Me want to question lot thing because better way to learn the world I think?

Sorry me bad english because me only study arabic and english I understand myself reading book and internet.

Hanif Hussian
RE: Good God and then Why Bad?
rHi Hussian,

This problem is an old one for apologetics, and is usually called the problem of "theodicy". I don't think there are good defenses against it. The philosopher Leibniz argued that the World we live in is indeed the best possible world, and therefore it is not God's fault that there is suffering. In a similar vein, some propose that in order for humans to have free will, it is necessary to have evil in the world. Needless to say, these arguments are not very convincing.

Of course, you posted your question on an atheist forum, and for atheists, there is no problem at all: God does not exist, and the universe simply is the way it is. No further justification is required
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Thank Alex. me don't care this atheist forum or Muslim forum. me ask question here because I like straight answer and your answer straight. me to do lot of finding to understand your answer as english bad mine. Sorry.

thank again this once.
Hmm. Funny how you switch your personal pronoun between 'I' and 'me'. It's been my experience that people using broken English don't do that.

Just an observation.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(November 2, 2014 at 7:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Hmm. Funny how you switch your personal pronoun between 'I' and 'me'. It's been my experience that people using broken English don't do that.

Just an observation.

Boru

methinks 'tis like a weasel...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

hehe me english not good. I don't know when use me and I. thinking both work with one the other.
(November 2, 2014 at 8:03 pm)Muslim Wrote: hehe me english not good. I don't know when use me and I. thinking both work with one the other.

So what are you studying if I may ask?

This place is a challenge and a place to grow. The next world is the place for perpetual peace.

In due time (like maybe a billions years of bliss), suffering will be insignificant.
me study software engineering. good some answers here. thank.
(November 2, 2014 at 7:57 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Hmm. Funny how you switch your personal pronoun between 'I' and 'me'. It's been my experience that people using broken English don't do that.

Just an observation.

Boru

Good call.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "Not all" bad argument for ANY religion...... Brian37 6 1922 March 6, 2016 at 2:29 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Is it bad that Muhammed(pbuh) married Aicha ? huss88ein 100 15854 July 19, 2015 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Is Islam more or less violent in Its teachings then other religions? Goosebump 38 6156 June 9, 2015 at 3:36 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  If one can't picture Muhammaed, then how come he's on Wikipedia Perie 19 8490 June 14, 2014 at 12:07 am
Last Post: Sejanus
  Education is bad! Dragonetti 57 15510 July 19, 2013 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  What things are bad in Islam? ThatMuslimGuy 86 30895 January 21, 2013 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Nine