Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 10:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
role models
role models
Do you have any? And what do you think about the subject

Two years ago I would've lied and said Muhammad :p
RE: role models
My parents.
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you

Brian
My parents, certainly.

My dad for his patience, virtue, and compassion.

My mom for her passion, vibrance, and endless love.

My big sister for her determination, sense of family and humor.

My little brother for his selflessness, exuberant personality, and limitless talent.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
When I was a kid, I was more into the idea of role models, but nowadays, I feel like I'm not completely sure who I want to emulate. My parents and I are at odds about the idea that "it takes a village" to raise a kid. As much as parents play a huge role, there are always outside influences, both in extended family, and out in the world.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I'm an iconoclast. You find someone buddha-like and you off them. Let god sort them out. Sorry, no role models need apply. (This may be related to my narcissism.)
[Image: superman-logo-012a.png]

That was my dad.
-My da (far ahead of the pack)

-My uncle Andy.

-Dr. Wilkes - A passionate, committed effective teacher I once had.

-Sam Gamgee.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Greg Graffin.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Role Models Ahriman 79 4742 September 13, 2021 at 10:17 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  The "good guys" - models of kindness and tolerance onlinebiker 26 1729 November 9, 2018 at 7:19 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  Airfix Models (And Others!) Jello 6 885 March 10, 2017 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: Jello
  Role players, Warhammer 40k, writers? Anyone? Creed of Heresy 26 10186 March 7, 2012 at 12:07 pm
Last Post: Creed of Heresy