Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whatcha think about Reddit ?
Whatcha think about Reddit ?
I think its cool.

What I like about it :
  1. I love the reply/comment system, it could go on for like 8 visible replies . A reply to a reply to a reply to a reply to a reply to a reply to a reply........
  2. Upvotes, instead of the kudos , you could clearly see how many ppl liked your post.
  3. The down votes which is also freakin' awesome; talk shit = get down votes .
  4. People there are mostly smart ppl and have a great sense of humor, I think facebook took all the stupid ppl and kept them busy and away from reddit Big Grin
  5. comments sorting , keeping the good shit up .

There was a subreddit for people who had this condition(which I had), and ppl there understood me so much and were very supportive, I felt like home . Also I couldn't find the meds I wanted in my country and I found out that there is a subreddit for my country LOL Big Grin
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
RE: Whatcha think about Reddit ?
Never actually used it or checked it out.
Dying to live, living to die.
(November 19, 2014 at 5:14 pm)Beccs Wrote: Never actually used it or checked it out.

Lemme be your guide, mademoiselle .
[Image: eUdzMRc.gif]
(November 19, 2014 at 5:02 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: I think its cool.

I use it all the time, but it does have its issues IMO.

Quote:Upvotes, instead of the kudos , you could clearly see how many ppl liked your post.

Not sure, but I think the current vote system doesn't show you clearly. In fact, a lot of the score is bullshit.

From their FAQ

"A submission's score is simply the number of upvotes minus the number of downvotes. If five users like the submission and three users don't it will have a score of 2. Please note that the vote numbers are not "real" numbers, they have been "fuzzed" to prevent spam bots etc. So taking the above example, if five users upvoted the submission, and three users downvote it, the upvote/downvote numbers may say 23 upvotes and 21 downvotes, or 12 upvotes, and 10 downvotes. The points score is correct, but the vote totals are "fuzzed"."

Quote:The down votes which is also freakin' awesome; talk shit = get down votes .

I'm not so keen. I've seen a lot of perfectly legit opinions get downvoted to fuck, and often times the first few votes can massively impact how public opinion views your comments. Also, leads to a lot of circlejerking.

Quote:People there are mostly smart ppl and have a great sense of humor, I think facebook took all the stupid ppl and kept them busy and away from reddit Big Grin

Honestly? I think reddit is filled with just as many retards if not more than other sites. You do get some genuinely great shit and informative posts on there, but as with anything, there's an equal amount of crap too.

Quote:There was a subreddit for people who had this condition(which I had), and ppl there understood me so much and were very supportive, I felt like home . Also I couldn't find the meds I wanted in my country and I found out that there is a subreddit for my country LOL Big Grin

The subreddits tend to have differing levels of quality in my experience. You tend to know what you're getting with the bigger subreddits but some of the smaller ones can be poorly moderated or just have a lower standard of poster. Then again, there's subreddits like http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc that are fairly brilliant at helping you with something specific. You don't really find that on other sites.

Anyway, yeah. My 2 cents. The longer I've been on reddit the more I realise it's just one big circlejerk.
(November 19, 2014 at 5:02 pm)Marsellus Wallace Wrote: I think its cool.

What I like about it :
  1. I love the reply/comment system, it could go on for like 8 visible replies . A reply to a reply to a reply to a reply to a reply to a reply to a reply........
  2. Upvotes, instead of the kudos , you could clearly see how many ppl liked your post.
  3. The down votes which is also freakin' awesome; talk shit = get down votes .
  4. People there are mostly smart ppl and have a great sense of humor, I think facebook took all the stupid ppl and kept them busy and away from reddit Big Grin
  5. comments sorting , keeping the good shit up .

There was a subreddit for people who had this condition(which I had), and ppl there understood me so much and were very supportive, I felt like home . Also I couldn't find the meds I wanted in my country and I found out that there is a subreddit for my country LOL Big Grin

There is a reddit for everyone. I occasionally hang out around /atheism and /EVE.
To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
It's a pale imitation of more superior forums. Accept no substitutes! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reddit Foxaèr 5 371 July 16, 2020 at 7:13 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  K-pods, whatcha got? Gawdzilla Sama 4 706 April 12, 2020 at 7:24 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Anyone here try reddit? Atomic Lava 8 979 November 15, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What do men think? What do feminists think that men think? mcolafson 53 5953 September 30, 2016 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Reddit drama Napoléon 9 2126 August 1, 2014 at 3:12 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Question Just got this PM on reddit to pray to Gaia so the system will collapse. MountainsWinAgain 4 1021 June 20, 2014 at 7:50 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Atheistforums.org has become Reddit. Violet 8 4153 February 5, 2013 at 7:22 pm
Last Post: LastPoet