Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we don't send ourselves to hell
we don't send ourselves to hell
If you really think about it a all knowing being would be the one doing called god. god creates humans he knows the outcome he knows who is and who isn't going to hell. so this line "you send yourself to hell not god". is false. if a all knowing being who has knowledge of the past and present and our futures free will gets thrown out the window and lets forget about it. Thinking even if you wanted to go to heaven and well if you had knowledge that well he knows what you are going to do so he has a planned out that your going to hell because i know you are and i know what your going to do. Thinking then god is just playing around with human souls like they are a toy. Thinking I for one do not see a need for a hell because the finite time we have on earth no one really deserves it at all. Thinking and yet some people will say god doesn't interfere with free will... yes he does in the OT and the NT making a mans heart cold and not letting the jews go. Yeah god does what he sees fit, who knows the man had a change of heart he might have not let them go and in the instance he has some humanity to let gods people go god interferes and well you know what happens god gets his way like a child. Ill say this we as humans do not send ourselves to hell if there is a god because he is one controlling everything and pretty much says who is and who isn't worth of being in heaven its not our choice as it is well free will is a illusion by god. so when people say you are the one who chooses to go to hell for not believing well they are wrong. again this if god exist but i don't believe one could exist.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: we don't send ourselves to hell
(December 1, 2014 at 2:38 pm)dyresand Wrote: If you really think about it a all knowing being would be the one doing called god. god creates humans he knows the outcome he knows who is and who isn't going to hell. so this line "you send yourself to hell not god". is false. if a all knowing being who has knowledge of the past and present and our futures free will gets thrown out the window and lets forget about it. Thinking even if you wanted to go to heaven and well if you had knowledge that well he knows what you are going to do so he has a planned out that your going to hell because i know you are and i know what your going to do. Thinking then god is just playing around with human souls like they are a toy. Thinking I for one do not see a need for a hell because the finite time we have on earth no one really deserves it at all. Thinking and yet some people will say god doesn't interfere with free will... yes he does in the OT and the NT making a mans heart cold and not letting the jews go. Yeah god does what he sees fit, who knows the man had a change of heart he might have not let them go and in the instance he has some humanity to let gods people go god interferes and well you know what happens god gets his way like a child. Ill say this we as humans do not send ourselves to hell if there is a god because he is one controlling everything and pretty much says who is and who isn't worth of being in heaven its not our choice as it is well free will is a illusion by god. so when people say you are the one who chooses to go to hell for not believing well they are wrong. again this if god exist but i don't believe one could exist.

I've said this to many theists in the past and they'll do what they can to twist it.

Just wait and watch . . .
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 1, 2014 at 2:40 pm)Beccs Wrote:
(December 1, 2014 at 2:38 pm)dyresand Wrote: If you really think about it a all knowing being would be the one doing called god. god creates humans he knows the outcome he knows who is and who isn't going to hell. so this line "you send yourself to hell not god". is false. if a all knowing being who has knowledge of the past and present and our futures free will gets thrown out the window and lets forget about it. Thinking even if you wanted to go to heaven and well if you had knowledge that well he knows what you are going to do so he has a planned out that your going to hell because i know you are and i know what your going to do. Thinking then god is just playing around with human souls like they are a toy. Thinking I for one do not see a need for a hell because the finite time we have on earth no one really deserves it at all. Thinking and yet some people will say god doesn't interfere with free will... yes he does in the OT and the NT making a mans heart cold and not letting the jews go. Yeah god does what he sees fit, who knows the man had a change of heart he might have not let them go and in the instance he has some humanity to let gods people go god interferes and well you know what happens god gets his way like a child. Ill say this we as humans do not send ourselves to hell if there is a god because he is one controlling everything and pretty much says who is and who isn't worth of being in heaven its not our choice as it is well free will is a illusion by god. so when people say you are the one who chooses to go to hell for not believing well they are wrong. again this if god exist but i don't believe one could exist.

I've said this to many theists in the past and they'll do what they can to twist it.

Just wait and watch . . .

God also isn't all loving by this. He sends souls he doesn't want to be bothered with to hell the ones he hates. Only the ones he loves gets to go to heaven. So god doesn't love everyone so this line "God loves each of us as if there were only one of us". No he pretty much doesn't because you know he knows who is and who isn't is going to hell.

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Sounds to me that someone is trying to convince himself that he's not going to wind up in hell, you can do something about t instead of worrying. Check out the NT, God says He desires no one to spend eternity in hell.
Also you have made the claim now bring the biblical proof, why biblical, because there's no other place to find it.
GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
An omniscient being (like God) can only know that which it is possible to know. The not yet made choices of free agents exist only in potential and not in actuality. It is not possible to have actual knowledge of something that does not yet exist. Therefore an omniscient being cannot know beforehand the actual choice a moral agent will make out of the infinite number of potential choices the moral agent could take.
(December 1, 2014 at 3:15 pm)Godschild Wrote: Sounds to me that someone is trying to convince himself that he's not going to wind up in hell, you can do something about t instead of worrying. Check out the NT, God says He desires no one to spend eternity in hell.
Also you have made the claim now bring the biblical proof, why biblical, because there's no other place to find it.
GC

[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(December 1, 2014 at 3:15 pm)Godschild Wrote:

Sounds to me that someone is trying to convince himself that he's not going to wind up in hell, you can do something about t instead of worrying. Check out the NT, God says He desires no one to spend eternity in hell.
GC

No. It sounds to me like someone is calling out the nonsense. Fear is a religion tactic and a fear of hell is the ultimate religious way to make people believers and keep them in line with what the religious want them to do.

The majority of atheists have no fear of hell any more than they have a fear of hades or any other mythical location.

Most of us have also read the NT. It's not convincing.

RJA
Dying to live, living to die.
(December 1, 2014 at 3:15 pm)Godschild Wrote:

GC

If i was scared to go to hell i would be a Christian.

Code:
(December 1, 2014 at 3:20 pm)ChadWooters Wrote: An omniscient being (like God) can only know that which it is possible to know. The not yet made choices of free agents exist only in potential and not in actuality. It is not possible to have actual knowledge of something that does not yet exist. Therefore an omniscient being cannot know beforehand the actual choice a moral agent will make out of the infinite number of potential choices the moral agent could take.

So Jesus was just talking out of his ass when he said Peter would disown him three times before the cock crowed?
(December 1, 2014 at 3:15 pm)Godschild Wrote: Check out the NT, God says He desires no one to spend eternity in hell.
Then no one will spend an eternity in hell.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELL or not HELL? Little Rik 91 11396 November 10, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Look i don't really care if you believe or don't believe Ronia 20 7855 August 25, 2017 at 4:28 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Why I don't fear hell. Gooders1002 23 9498 November 1, 2012 at 4:48 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet