Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum Mafia Game
Forum Mafia Game
Ok, I tried this once already, but I decided to be more serious about it this time. I really want to play Mafia with you guys. It's a really fun game that can seem confusing at first but once you get the hang of it, it can become addictive. Big Grin

First, you probably want to know what a Mafia game is.

The Mafia game is a contest between two opposing sides: the Mafia and the Town. (Some games may also have one or more Independents.)

More information:

You can find a newbie newb guide here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide

Don't be discouraged, the game seems really complex when you first hear about it, but once you start playing, you'll find it to be pretty simple to catch on.
If you do sign-up, please make sure that you participate in the game. It only takes a few minutes a day to send in a Night Action and post a lynch vote.

Words to know:

I would encourage you to add other players as contacts on Skype. Of course there is always PMing, but you can tell if someone is lying more easily if you can hear them talking.
The best thing about this game is that you may form friendships and bonds that otherwise may never have happened. Whether you're a Mafia member who is scheming together with his allies or a Townie trying to find out who you can trust, communication is important in the game and makes it a lot more fun.

I won't have a theme for my first game; I will be using standard Mafia roles which can be found in the newbie newb link above. I just want it to be a simple game that can give you guys an idea of how to play. Then I will do another one shortly afterwards with a fun theme. Themes make the game more interesting.

Here is a list of my usual rules.

Rules can vary from game to game, so be sure to read the rules set for each game. I am used to playing with 12 hour phases but I may have to use 24 hour phases here because so many people are in opposite time zones. I plan to go with the 12 hour phases in the trial and I will change it if needed.

I really think you guys will love this game. I have a handful of people who have already said that they would like to play. If you're interested, ask any questions here and I will post the game in this same thread.
Since I can't edit posts after a certain amount of time, I will repost an updated player list each night before I go to bed. We need around 10-15 players to play. The more players, the more fun the game is. So once we have enough players, I will send everyone a PM to confirm they want to play. After confirmation, I will post the time and date the game will start in the thread. Each player will get a PM from me approximately 12 hours before the game begins. This PM will contain your character, your role and your faction (Mafia, Town, Independent).

So yeah, play with me. Play because I'm Losty and you love me Big Grin Heart

*A special thanks to Vosur for helping me edit this post*
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
RE: Forum Mafia Game
I'll play. FSM Grin
How will the roles list be decided? There are actually a lot of mafia roles, and likely more roles than players, so can we vote on which roles to include before you choose who gets what role?
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

Since it is the mythological holiday season, why not play a different version? I always loved playing the game of the Werewolf. It's basically the same game except you start out with a single werewolf hiding among all the townies. On day one, several townies will come forward to be elected as the new town sheriff, they will need to submit a small speech. The remaining townies will vote to pick a sheriff (the werewolf can get elected to be a sheriff too). From then on, every night, the werewolf will either attack a single villager (pm to game manager), and choose to either kill or turn the player, or take a break from killing and lay low(can't be more than 3 consecutive days). Turned players won't know who the other or actual werewolf is, but they can too choose to attack the townies. Turned werewolves have a random chance of success though, and if they fail, their identity is revealed to the town and they will be killed. At dawn each day, the sheriff will post a series of questions in an attempt to figure out who is the werewolf, and depending on the answers, the townies will choose to kill a player. It is up to the sheriff to either kill or lock that player up for the night. The game ends if the townies kill the original werewolf thus curing all turned ones, or if everyone in the town is killed or turned.
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(December 7, 2014 at 2:37 pm)Chad32 Wrote: How will the roles list be decided? There are actually a lot of mafia roles, and likely more roles than players, so can we vote on which roles to include before you choose who gets what role?

Well...I like the idea of letting people pick whichever roles they want to have in the game they will mod. So, if you mod a game you pick which roles to use and whether or not you tell everyone which roles you'll use is up to you.

If I can get a subforum, I should be able to sticky whichever game is being currently played and make a waiting list so that anyone who wants to mod a game can sign up to do so.

(December 7, 2014 at 3:14 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Since it is the mythological holiday season, why not play a different version? I always loved playing the game of the Werewolf. It's basically the same game except you start out with a single werewolf hiding among all the townies. On day one, several townies will come forward to be elected as the new town sheriff, they will need to submit a small speech. The remaining townies will vote to pick a sheriff (the werewolf can get elected to be a sheriff too). From then on, every night, the werewolf will either attack a single villager (pm to game manager), and choose to either kill or turn the player, or take a break from killing and lay low(can't be more than 3 consecutive days). Turned players won't know who the other or actual werewolf is, but they can too choose to attack the townies. Turned werewolves have a random chance of success though, and if they fail, their identity is revealed to the town and they will be killed. At dawn each day, the sheriff will post a series of questions in an attempt to figure out who is the werewolf, and depending on the answers, the townies will choose to kill a player. It is up to the sheriff to either kill or lock that player up for the night. The game ends if the townies kill the original werewolf thus curing all turned ones, or if everyone in the town is killed or turned.

I'm just trying to do the plainest easiest version right now so I can see if I can get enough people to play and so everyone who doesn't know what's up will have a chance to learn.

If we get the subforum for this (or even if we don't honestly. It will be harder but I'll still do it), I will make a werewolf game for you, or you can mod a werewolf game if you'd like. Big Grin

0/10

I want to play too. If I have time tonight I will look over the rules. The werewolf game sounds fun too.
Awesome! I am typing up the game now and I will post it as soon as it's ready. And I am glad to do a werewolf game also, though not at the same time of course.

0/10

Can I still join in?!
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
There's always room for more. Even if we somehow run out of special roles, you could still be a townie.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(December 7, 2014 at 5:57 pm)TRJF Wrote: Can I still join in?!

Absolutely Big Grin

I am about to post the game and a player list. I'll make sure you're on it. Sign ups are going to stay open until the game starts.

Someone else post so the game post won't be connected to my last post :p

...please

0/10

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] 'Counterargument - immediate fresh argument'---a forum game. Porcupine 16 1481 July 19, 2020 at 4:32 am
Last Post: Porcupine
  The "Love It" or "List It" Forum Game Foxaèr 9 1675 October 4, 2017 at 5:42 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  New forum game: Word Mastermind Whateverist 140 8146 November 1, 2016 at 2:46 pm
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Mafia III account_inactive 10 1200 October 11, 2016 at 2:28 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Mafia Losty 20 2114 August 8, 2014 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Nine