Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corporate Drug Pushers and Their Invented Diseases
Corporate Drug Pushers and Their Invented Diseases
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/the-c...ffer-from/

Quote:Have you ever noticed how Big Pharma in the United States has things exactly backward? Instead of developing new pills that people need like non-addictive painkillers and antibiotics for resistant infections, it develops new diseases.

You know those ads that try to scare you into thinking you have restless leg syndrome, non-24-hour sleep/wake disorder or exocrine pancreatic insufficiency— the poop disease? They’re not from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or a government public health agency. They’re from Big Pharma trying to churn “demand” for a drug and disease you’ve never heard of.
RE: Corporate Drug Pushers and Their Invented Diseases
Quote:non-24-hour sleep/wake disorder
Or the non-clinical term for it, "feeling a bit tired."
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
Puts me in mind of an episode of The Big Bang Theory when Bernadette says, 'Last month, my company both invented and cured Restless Eye Syndrome. Ka-ching, you blinky chumps!!'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Chris Rock nails it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HIV drug mandate violates religious freedom, judge rules zebo-the-fat 6 1005 September 9, 2022 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: Divinity
  Trump was just advertising for a drug for COVID; he wasn't sick WinterHold 36 2315 October 17, 2020 at 12:39 am
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  The Satanic Temple beating fundies at their own game Peebothuhlu 2 471 August 9, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: no one
  White Americans are drug dealers and rapists.... Brian37 7 652 March 29, 2020 at 7:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  regarding COPPA, is the FTC overreaching their authority here? Cepheus Ace 7 686 November 21, 2019 at 3:25 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Democratic Drug Den EgoDeath 50 3081 October 2, 2019 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Things will be fine since they have that magic "R" next to their name A Godzilla fan 2 631 August 28, 2019 at 6:11 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Worst Drug Dealer EVER BrianSoddingBoru4 17 712 May 4, 2019 at 1:08 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Trumptards Reduced to Photoshopping Their "Hero." Minimalist 19 2249 September 24, 2018 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Drug Executive: It's a moral requirement to charge patients the highest price Divinity 13 829 September 15, 2018 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Angrboda