Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religious Nuts beat their own Child to death.
Religious Nuts beat their own Child to death.
http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/02/k...tz_rel.php Wrote:Kevin and Elizabeth Schatz, Religious Nuts, Beat Daughter, 7, to Death for Mispronouncing Word
By Pete Kotz in Bad Moms, Child Abuse, bizarre, homicide
Monday, Feb. 22 2010 @ 3:46PM

​Kevin and Elizabeth Schatz adopted three kids from an orphanage in Liberia to live with their other six kids in a remote area outside Sacramento. As it turns out, the children might have been better off remaining in that lawless African shithole...

The Schatz's homeschooled their nine children and grew their own food. Which would all be well and good if they weren't also followers of nutbag Tennessee evangelist Michael Pearl. His schtick is to teach parents to beat their children so they become more obedient to God and family.

​Apparently their 7-year-old daughter Lydia was struggling with one of her homeschool lessons and she mispronounced a word. That might be expected since the girl's formative years were spent in Liberia. But the Schatz's decided that God wanted her beaten. So they did.

Police say Elizabeth held the girl down while Kevin beat her on the back with a plastic tube for hours. The torture caused massive tissue damage.

When Lydia stopped breathing, Elizabeth called 911. Medical workers resuscitated her at a nearby hospital. But Lydia died later Saturday morning.

Police also found that another 11-year-old adopted girl had been beaten for lying and supposedly being a bad influence on Lydia. She is now in critical condition at a Sacramento hospital suffering from kidney failure due to her injuries.

Detectives found a 15-inch piece of tubing believed to have been used in the beatings. Both parents have been charged with murder.

Well, for comparison, here's a quote from Mark Twain...

Mark Twain Wrote:I will tell you a pleasant tale which has in it a touch of pathos. A man got religion, and asked the priest what he must do to be worthy of his new estate. The priest said, "Imitate our Father in Heaven, learn to be like him." The man studied his Bible diligently and thoroughly and understandingly, and then with prayers for heavenly guidance instituted his imitations. He tricked his wife into falling downstairs, and she broke her back and became a paralytic for life; he betrayed his brother into the hands of a sharper, who robbed him of his all and landed him in the almshouse; he inoculated one son with hookworms, another with the sleeping sickness, another with gonorrhea; he furnished one daughter with scarlet fever and ushered her into her teens deaf, dumb, and blind for life; and after helping a rascal seduce the remaining one, he closed his doors against her and she died in a brothel cursing him. Then he reported to the priest, who said that that was no way to imitate his Father in Heaven. The convert asked wherein he had failed, but the priest changed the subject and inquired what kind of weather he was having, up his way.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
RE: Religious Nuts beat their own Child to death.
I'll bet that religion not withstanding that they also had breathtakingly low I.Q.s as well.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
it's fucking sad when this shit can be called the same old.
Someone should beat these dimwitted twits for hours and tell them that "God" commanded it.

Stupid and religion go together like gasoline and matches.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(February 23, 2010 at 1:00 pm)Thor Wrote: Someone should beat these dimwitted twits for hours and tell them that "God" commanded it.

Stupid and religion go together like gasoline and matches.

.....or doughnuts and coffee.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Extremely sad.
(February 23, 2010 at 10:24 am)theVOID Wrote: it's fucking sad when this shit can be called the same old.

Agreed. I recently began research on a piece about child abuse in cults. I was having a difficult time finding a cult in which abuse did not occur. I also ran across so many murder cases that I have since given up on trying to write an article about it. I think I'll need to write a book to fit them all. It's freaking sick and that's putting it very lightly.
(February 23, 2010 at 4:03 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(February 23, 2010 at 10:24 am)theVOID Wrote: it's fucking sad when this shit can be called the same old.

Agreed. I recently began research on a piece about child abuse in cults. I was having a difficult time finding a cult in which abuse did not occur. I also ran across so many murder cases that I have since given up on trying to write an article about it. I think I'll need to write a book to fit them all. It's freaking sick and that's putting it very lightly.

What other reason would you have to make a cult other than to make your own rules and ignore the status quo? Just so happens many of these people think abusing children sexually, physically and emotionally is A-OK.

But then again, major religions do this as well.
tavarish Wrote:What other reason would you have to make a cult other than to make your own rules and ignore the status quo? Just so happens many of these people think abusing children sexually, physically and emotionally is A-OK.

Making your own rules and ignoring the status quo is done by all kinds of groups that can manage to keep their frigging hands off of their kids. Alas, you are right that many of them think this stuff is A-OK. I often wonder if the cult leaders are fully aware that most of what they say is bullshit, or if they actually have themselves convinced.
(February 23, 2010 at 4:42 pm)Shell B Wrote:
tavarish Wrote:What other reason would you have to make a cult other than to make your own rules and ignore the status quo? Just so happens many of these people think abusing children sexually, physically and emotionally is A-OK.

Making your own rules and ignoring the status quo is done by all kinds of groups that can manage to keep their frigging hands off of their kids. Alas, you are right that many of them think this stuff is A-OK. I often wonder if the cult leaders are fully aware that most of what they say is bullshit, or if they actually have themselves convinced.

I think it's a combination of delusions of grandeur, psychological complexes, and a fair dose of lying to themselves until it becomes true.

It's like the Catholic priests that fucked little boys. I'm sure they damn well knew it was wrong, but they had reasoning to do it anyway.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ex-minister of secretive sect, admits to child sex abuse zebo-the-fat 1 176 January 28, 2024 at 10:58 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Dear God, please soften their hearts... zwanzig 12 1013 August 6, 2023 at 3:31 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Twelve religious group members arrested over Australian girl's death zebo-the-fat 2 695 July 6, 2022 at 2:40 am
Last Post: Brian37
  3 reasons for Christians to start questionng their faith smax 149 58442 December 4, 2021 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Ketzer
  South Dakota Schools required to have "In God We Trust" on their walls Cecelia 16 1755 July 29, 2019 at 6:11 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  7 Pious Xtian Shits Who Stepped On Their Own Dicks Minimalist 0 882 October 12, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Too Late Fucktards. You Own Him Now. Minimalist 10 1501 October 10, 2018 at 4:14 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Pope Francis condemns child sex abuse and Church cover-ups zebo-the-fat 23 3624 August 20, 2018 at 5:33 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Archbishop Philip Wilson guilty of concealing child sex abuses zebo-the-fat 3 815 May 23, 2018 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Pennsylvania Church asks couples to bring in their AR-15's so they can bless the guns Cecelia 63 9906 March 17, 2018 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama