Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
The less you attend church the more likly you are willing to support douch baggery
The less you attend church the more likly you are willing to support douch baggery
Is it just me or do people who don't know God far more likly to be overly sensitive to EVERYTHING? It's like they are over compensating for something.Thinking
Or they are trying to fill that hole in their hearts with overly 'moral' gestures and extra sensitivity to everything. to the point they are willing to suspend common sense and even the truth to try and pretend they some how are better than those who simply seek redemption..

As if our efforts here amounted to anything on their own. But there in lies the fundemental difference between 'morality' and True Righteousness. Man's morality demands that the lessor of two evils is what is to be deemed 'moral.' As if in this case being more 'moral' than one who seeks redemption makes them somehow a more 'moral' choice for salvation.

The problem? Morality is simply the lessor of two evils. Even if the lessor of two evils can be determined IT IS STILL EVIL! Therefore not righteous. (Which is the only standard God looks for in us.) Since we can not produce righteousness, we must seek it from another source. Thankfully Christ is that other source. When we accept His atonement, we trade our sin for His righteousness. So when God looks at us He see not our sin as it was nailed to the cross, but the righteousness of Christ.

This allows God to love us not for what we do, but for ourselves. In a 'morals' based economy our actions determine our relationship status with God, in a grace/attonement based economy God's love for us, and ours for Him is the currency needed for eternal life.

That (redemption) is like a Father loving a Child simple because the child is His verses a father who loves a child for what the child does or does not do. (Morality)

This grace this love is what keeps the redeemed from having to check our common sense at the door in favor for extra sensitivity to making sure we are on the side of 'morality' even if it engangers ourselves or our way of life.
RE: The less you attend church the more likly you are willing to support douch baggery
(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote:

[Image: tumblr_mfawapM4hU1rdlt7do2_400.jpg]
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: The less you attend church the more likly you are willing to support douch baggery
I read your post, drich. It made me happy that I am not a Christian.
Over sensitive to things like people supporting torture?
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(December 23, 2014 at 1:05 am)CapnAwesome Wrote: Over sensitive to things like people supporting torture?

Yes, I think that he is accusing us of being over sensitive about not torturing people. I am glad that he is not my sole example of a Christian. Luckily, I have known many decent people who happen to be Christians who would be horrified at what Drich just wrote.
Orly?
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
y
(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: Is it just me or do people who don't know God far more likly to be overly sensitive to EVERYTHING? It's like they are over compensating for something.Thinking
Or they are trying to fill that hole in their hearts with overly 'moral' gestures and extra sensitivity to everything. to the point they are willing to suspend common sense and even the truth to try and pretend they some how are better than those who simply seek redemption..

No were saying religion makes a person delusional and psychotic (clearly something you have experience with) and that as long as your horrible abusive racist genocidal sexist homophobic behavior is "in the name of God"

you not only condone it, you approve of it.
(December 23, 2014 at 1:24 am)simplemoss Wrote:
(December 23, 2014 at 12:40 am)Drich Wrote: Is it just me or do people who don't know God far more likly to be overly sensitive to EVERYTHING? It's like they are over compensating for something.Thinking

No were saying religion makes a person delusional and psychotic (clearly something you have experience with) and that as long as your horrible abusive racist genocidal sexist homophobic behavior is "in the name of God"

you not only condone it, you approve of it.

Such is the pre requisite for Christianity. Christianity breeds some hateful spiteful inhuman mother fuckers.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
Good to see you getting in the spirit of writing threads that spin off of existing threads. Way to get your drichy on.
Is it just me or do Christians think their delusions are supposed to be viewed by the rest of us as a license to promote vulgar morality, credulous illogic, and pseudoscience?
He who loves God cannot endeavour that God should love him in return - Baruch Spinoza

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Muslim students less likely to be awarded top class degrees. Succubus#2 28 2277 March 22, 2020 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  How To Support Any Argument For God BrianSoddingBoru4 0 485 August 26, 2019 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Are introverts less likely to like organised religion? Der/die AtheistIn 8 1331 March 22, 2018 at 11:13 pm
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Poland will get the support of Vatican in the course of the spiritual re-union... abija 9 3028 June 22, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Would you attack the Church if you could? Macoleco 108 13666 December 19, 2016 at 2:31 am
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Study: religious children are less generous and more judgmental Aroura 17 4453 November 7, 2015 at 2:42 am
Last Post: GoHalos1993
  The more you attend Church, the more likely you are so support Torture. CapnAwesome 111 15335 December 23, 2014 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Creationist offers $10,000 to anyone willing to challenge literal interpretation of Genesis in court JesusHChrist 46 22873 April 11, 2013 at 11:23 am
Last Post: Garuda
  Support for JC as a real person Rokcet Scientist 4 1650 December 10, 2011 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  More thought leads to less certainty...? inflectious 7 2405 May 20, 2011 at 6:57 am
Last Post: tackattack