Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are introverts less likely to like organised religion?
Are introverts less likely to like organised religion?
I think they are, because I'm an introvert myself. I always liked to be alone or accompanied by just a few people. I always consumed alot of energy when interacting with many people or having smalltalk. I kind of disliked being in a crowded church since childhood.
I'm not saying introverts are more likely to be secular, I'm talking strictly about organised religion, about going to a place of worship.
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: ke organAre introverts less likely to liised religion?
(March 17, 2018 at 10:07 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: I think they are, because I'm an introvert myself. I always liked to be alone or accompanied by just a few people. I always consumed alot of energy when interacting with many people or having smalltalk. I kind of disliked being in a crowded church since childhood.
I'm not saying introverts are more likely to be secular, I'm talking strictly about organised religion, about going to a place of worship.

Fix title.
RE: Are introverts less likely to dislike organised religion?
Fixed it!
"By simple common sense I don't believe in God, in none"

Charlie Chaplin
RE: Are introverts less likely to like organised religion?
Religion is a nightmare covered with provocations, threat and empty magical promises. As of now I wish to focus on work and suggest you do the same.
You can theory craft, or research statistics, or read a book about this issue.

Why make up what you want about introverts just conjecturing though?
Nope. Lots find comfort hiding in big religion. They get to hide in the crowd.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Well I'm pretty introverted and I used to be very religious.

Now, maybe I'd think twice about taking refuge in a church if fleeing for my life from a horror movie supernatural monster.
(March 17, 2018 at 10:07 am)Die Atheistin Wrote: I always consumed alot of energy when interacting with many people or having smalltalk.

I'm the same way. When I have been interacting with people for too long, especially at work, I quickly feel emotionally and mentally exhausted as though they have sucked the life right out of me. I have to be alone for a good long time in order to recuperate.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I grew up in a religious home. Fairly laid back, but nonetheless very active. I am heavily introverted and I really don't like religion. I wouldn't say it's a dislike, I just don't find any value in it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Young more likely to pray than over-55s - survey zebo-the-fat 16 1550 September 28, 2021 at 5:44 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Muslim students less likely to be awarded top class degrees. Succubus#2 28 2345 March 22, 2020 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Religious fundamentalists more likely to believe fake news OakTree500 30 3784 November 10, 2018 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: no one
  Scientific evidence of God by an atheist (Where mankind is one likely type of God) ProgrammingGodJordan 324 49072 November 22, 2016 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Chas
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10715 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4905 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Study: religious children are less generous and more judgmental Aroura 17 4501 November 7, 2015 at 2:42 am
Last Post: GoHalos1993
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19813 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Waving your religion around in public is like dyresand 9 3389 September 11, 2015 at 10:52 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Which religion would you like to be true? Jacob(smooth) 50 9202 March 17, 2015 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Spooky