Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God Buggerers Should Leave The Heavy Thinking
God Buggerers Should Leave The Heavy Thinking
to those who can handle it.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/read-...ion-story/

Quote:Theoretical physicist Lawrence Krauss wrote a withering response to a Wall Street Journal article arguing that “Science Increasingly Makes the Case for God,” but the Journal refused to publish it — so Richard Dawkins did instead.
RE: God Buggerers Should Leave The Heavy Thinking
As far as I know, Wall Street Journal is owned by Rupert Murdoch. So who's really surprised, when this turd gets involved?
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
I love that we live in a world where a non-scientist's opinion on what science says matters.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(January 2, 2015 at 1:39 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I love that we live in a world where a non-scientist's opinion on what science says matters.

I know right ROFLOL
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
I keep seeing this shit too.

In 4 years studying Physics I didn't hear the word God used once.
Quote:The article was written by the evangelical author Eric Metaxas, and in it, he argued that scientists have determined that life is so improbable it must have been created.
Metaxas uses the fine-tuning argument, where the conditions for life make a creator the only possible option. He was going to write about how god showed up and settled the matter, then he remembered that god only shows up in ancient books written by nomadic goat-fuckers and changed his mind.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(January 2, 2015 at 1:39 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I love that we live in a world where a non-scientist's opinion on what science says matters.

The jesus shits won't have it any other way.
As I have repeatedly noticed, the vast majority of the christers don't even have a clue about most of christian dogma, scripture, rules, practices, edicts, laws, commandments, strictures, prohibitions and requirements, what could they possibly know about science ?
(January 2, 2015 at 2:55 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: As I have repeatedly noticed, the vast majority of the christers don't even have a clue about most of christian dogma, scripture, rules, practices, edicts, laws, commandments, strictures, prohibitions and requirements, what could they possibly know about science ?

They don't want to know about science. It scares them because it contradicts their world view. And they read apologist books as if they were a critical analysis of science and think if Ray apeman Comfort or shitstain Craig say that evolution sucks, it's a proven fact.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Fine tuning again? Improbility of life? The same dumbass arguments over and over.

I prefer to call this the "ass backwards" interpretation. I find the statement, "science proves God" to be an absurd proposition. I'm not normally for censorship, but I think anyone who ever says that should be locked in a dungeon and forced to learn about science forever. Until they die of science overload.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13144 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Do my parents fear that I'll leave the faith? Der/die AtheistIn 120 22986 January 14, 2018 at 2:55 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  After I know this how could I leave the church? sophonian 39 6308 August 15, 2014 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Undeceived
  Is the Catholic position a "take it or leave it" kind? lwlodarczyk 14 4577 August 4, 2014 at 3:53 am
Last Post: Zidneya
  When the Rapture comes- all the children leave professor 58 11540 March 17, 2014 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Christians - Should it be legal to own slaves since God approves? catman 65 12059 January 31, 2014 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: Tripwire
  God is god, and we are not god StoryBook 43 12438 January 6, 2014 at 5:47 pm
Last Post: StoryBook
  Does this alter anyone’s thinking about the "Beast" of Revelation? swordwords 7 2381 April 25, 2013 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: ronedee
  Should God the Father adore man for teaching him better morals and ethics than what he has taught man? Greatest I am 21 9478 March 13, 2013 at 3:01 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Why should anyone even want a relationship with God? Ryantology 59 17083 January 17, 2013 at 2:23 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger