Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 5:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark Steyn on Charlie Hebdo
Mark Steyn on Charlie Hebdo
A passionate plea for free speech by Mark Steyn, but see my comments below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WklsCGIfLdQ

I'm in two minds about this now. Sure, we reflexively want to defend free speech always and everywhere. But the West is now entering a high security, high vigil environment of perpetual war against us by local Mohammedans. They are here in big numbers and the terrorism will seemingly not stop ever, so long as we have Muslims in large numbers here.

The only secure solution for the West is to isolate our Muslim populations i.e. build a big wall like Israel had to, and severely limit the movement of Muslims within the West. But we're a long way from anything like that, hence the violence will continue.

So, in that context, is it a good idea for Mark Steyn to antagonise Mohammedans by demanding that all newspapers show the cartoons?

From a practical point of view, I don't see anything good coming from publishing the cartoons. Ordinarily we should defend free speech always and everywhere, but these mofos have declared war on us, so does any good come from publishing the cartoons and endangering the press? I tend to think we should forget about the cartoons and work towards REAL solutions that promote security like a policy of containment of our Muslim population.

I don't think the "get tough" approach has been thought through. It's emotional. It's testosterone. But it's not the path to a secure environment. Getting tough on Muslims only gets you so far, but the violence is never fully contained. The only path to peace with Muslims is to build a freaking big wall and to keep their freakshow contained within those walls.

Those who disagree, and want to keep on the "get tough" road, will not provide you with peace. Peace with Muslims is an illusion. Time to build a wall.
RE: Mark Steyn on Charlie Hebdo
Oh, look, Mark Steyn was right by accident. Stop the presses.

If we're going to build concentration camps for Muslims, and that is exactly what you're suggesting, let's throw all of our right-wing xenophobic terrorists in with them. Especially since they are the reason we have armed Muslim terrorists antagonizing the West in the first place.
(January 8, 2015 at 4:23 am)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: If we're going to build concentration camps for Muslims, and that is exactly what you're suggesting, let's throw all of our right-wing xenophobic terrorists in with them. Especially since they are the reason we have armed Muslim terrorists antagonizing the West in the first place.
Typical fucking left-liberal moron. A wall is a wall, it's not a concentration camp. Yes, it curbs their freedoms, that's the whole point. But we're not gassing, starving or persecuting anyone.

It's people like you, who cry at tough decisions, who will consign the West to permanent, never-ending massacres just like in Paris. You're pathetic, incompetent, self-hating losers who can't make adult decisions. Fuck you juvenile morons.

In hindsight, the West is full of dickeads like Ryantology, so we're going to need a third solution. And that's for all the sane people to move to safe parts of the West, and the demented fuckers like Ryan can live with his Muslim friends... if they decide to let him live, that is.
(January 8, 2015 at 4:05 am)mralstoner Wrote: A passionate plea for free speech by Mark Steyn, but see my comments below.

[video snipped]

I'm in two minds about this now. Sure, we reflexively want to defend free speech always and everywhere. But the West is now entering a high security, high vigil environment of perpetual war against us by local Mohammedans. They are here in big numbers and the terrorism will seemingly not stop ever, so long as we have Muslims in large numbers here.

The only secure solution for the West is to isolate our Muslim populations i.e. build a big wall like Israel had to, and severely limit the movement of Muslims within the West. But we're a long way from anything like that, hence the violence will continue.

So, in that context, is it a good idea for Mark Steyn to antagonise Mohammedans by demanding that all newspapers show the cartoons?

From a practical point of view, I don't see anything good coming from publishing the cartoons. Ordinarily we should defend free speech always and everywhere, but these mofos have declared war on us, so does any good come from publishing the cartoons and endangering the press? I tend to think we should forget about the cartoons and work towards REAL solutions that promote security like a policy of containment of our Muslim population.

I don't think the "get tough" approach has been thought through. It's emotional. It's testosterone. But it's not the path to a secure environment. Getting tough on Muslims only gets you so far, but the violence is never fully contained. The only path to peace with Muslims is to build a freaking big wall and to keep their freakshow contained within those walls.

Those who disagree, and want to keep on the "get tough" road, will not provide you with peace. Peace with Muslims is an illusion. Time to build a wall.

Man, you've got it wrong all the way around.

Building a wall around Muslim neighborhoods will not quell fanaticism. It will rather engender one more grievance to "justify" their bloody violence.

And censoring ourselves to stay safe is not a feasible option, because our silence will be interpreted as weakness, both by the extremists we wish to defeat, and the moderates we wish to embolden.

I don't think you really grasp the outlooks in play, and are reacting from your own fear.

(January 8, 2015 at 4:39 am)mralstoner Wrote:
(January 8, 2015 at 4:23 am)Ryantology (╯°◊°)╯︵ ══╬ Wrote: If we're going to build concentration camps for Muslims, and that is exactly what you're suggesting, let's throw all of our right-wing xenophobic terrorists in with them. Especially since they are the reason we have armed Muslim terrorists antagonizing the West in the first place.
Typical fucking left-liberal moron. A wall is a wall, it's not a concentration camp. Yes, it curbs their freedoms, that's the whole point. But we're not gassing, starving or persecuting anyone.

It's people like you, who cry at tough decisions, who will consign the West to permanent, never-ending massacres just like in Paris. You're pathetic, incompetent, self-hating losers who can't make adult decisions. Fuck you juvenile morons.

In hindsight, the West is full of dickeads like Ryantology, so we're going to need a third solution. And that's for all the sane people to move to safe parts of the West, and the demented fuckers like Ryan can live with his Muslim friends... if they decide to let him live, that is.

When your go-to reply is an ad homineim, you're probably best off not replying.

"Fuck you juvenile morons"? Is that your adult answer?

Step away from the keyboard.

(January 8, 2015 at 5:02 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: Building a wall around Muslim neighborhoods will not quell fanaticism....
NOTHING will quell fanaticism, because it's not fanaticism, or extremism, or radicalism. It's Islamic FUNDAMENTALISM. It's PURE MOHAMMEDISM. That's the point you left-liberal morons don't get. That's why Islam and the West need a D.I.V.O.R.C.E.
(January 8, 2015 at 5:02 am)Parkers Tan Wrote: I don't think you really grasp the outlooks in play, and are reacting from your own fear.
I'm not afraid of Muslims, the real existential threat in my neighbourhood is CHINA. I'm just thinking proactively, rather than reacting with short-sighted testosterone.
You think that building a wall and preemptively punishing people for the religion they were born in is "thinking proactively"? I'm sorry but where I'm from, this is called fascism. And you were the one advising against tough thinking...

It's not like you're going to protect the west from harm anyway, a wall or a "divorce" as you call it would only worsen the situation, as it would polarise the few enlightened minds of the muslim world back towards their extremist cousins and it could result in a full-scale war between the two parts.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
When reading this, uniformed alarmist idiot is the first thing coming to mind. This "journalist" doesn't even bother to check his facts to see what the real percentage of muslims in Europe looks like and how "likely" his scenario really is.

Quote: Steyn believes that what he describes as "Eurabia", a future where the European continent is dominated by Islam, is an imminent reality that cannot be reversed. "Every Continental under the age of 40 — make that 60, if not 75 — is all but guaranteed to end his days living in an Islamified Europe." "Native populations on the continent are aging and fading and being supplanted remorselessly by a young Muslim demographic.

Another uninformed or willingly misleading quote without looking at the historical situation.

Quote: Why did Bosnia collapse into the worst slaughter in Europe since the second World War? In the thirty years before the meltdown, Bosnian Serbs had declined from 43 percent to 31 percent of the population, while Bosnian Muslims had increased from 26 percent to 44 percent. In a democratic age, you can't buck demography — except through civil war. The Serbs figured that out, as other Continentals will in the years ahead: if you cannot outbreed the enemy, cull 'em. The problem that Europe faces is that Bosnia's demographic profile is now the model for the entire continent.

This is the real history.

Quote: Following the Russo-Turkish War of 1877-78, in June and July 1878 the Congress of Berlin was organized by the Great Powers. The resulting Treaty of Berlin caused Bosnia and Herzegovina to nominally remain under sovereignty of the Ottoman Empire, but was de facto ceded to Austria-Hungary, which also obtained the right to garrison the Sanjak of Novi Pazar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austro-Hung...erzegovina

Bosnia and Herzegovina, since the 15th century, has been a muslim dominated piece of land.

In short, he's as biased as they come, coupled with Fox news this makes a perfect mix of bigotry and hatred without giving facts too much credit.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Another rat crawled out of his hole. Australian preacher Junaid Thorne shows where his sympathies lie.

[Image: B60xhTCCMAAC9cz.png]
https://twitter.com/MJunaidThorne/status...2240320514

http://www.news.com.au/national/paris-te...7178200371

[Image: B1K-l--IAAEANtV.jpg:large]
Force the muslims to live in a world where the freedom to question religion is fully defended, and their next generation will not try to assume that religion can flourish by threat. Their theology will change to meet the new reality.

Furthermore, their numbers will shrink due to the silliness of the notion of a pedophile riding a winged horse over the moon.
Find the cure for Fundementia!
(January 8, 2015 at 4:39 am)mralstoner Wrote:

So, this wall you speak of........I'm guessing it will be built to separate Muslims from everybody else and to, as you say, restrict their movement?

Like a fucking concentration camp....and you have the gall to sling the insult "moron" about. Pot, kettle?

Concentration camps weren't made to gas people you dopey cunt, they were invented by the British in the Boer war to hold the indigenous population. They've been used by the Russians, Chinese, Japanese, recently by the Americans and of course, most famously, by the Nazi's (Who also used them to gas people).

Perhaps, before coming up with any genius "final solution," you might want to leaf through some history books, 1st grade should do for you. What you are suggesting has been done before, many, many times....always worked out really well too. You're not learning from our past mistakes.

Which is about as moronic as it gets really.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Charlie Hebdo journalist sees a problem with Islam and Mohammed mralstoner 5 1354 October 22, 2016 at 2:51 pm
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Islam’s Role in Boko Haram Kidnappings - Dr Mark Durie mralstoner 9 2742 June 2, 2014 at 1:50 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd