Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 4:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Je ne suis pas Charlie Hebdo
Je ne suis pas Charlie Hebdo
I am not Charlie Hebdo, but I am not a terrorist either.. But at the same time I am not one to be told what to think, or what I can and can not do either. when Sony was attacked for "the interview" I told Trich we were going to have to risk a theater bomb on Christmas Day, just to support free speech.

Now I am wondering what can we do that will really piss these radical Islamist off... If cartoons of their prophet was what set them off, maybe we should flood our public places with bumper type stickers.. I was thinking of having some made up and was going to distribute them at some local gun shops to give out to customers.

I think support of our culture is ok, but I think it falls a bit short. If our response is just to circle our wagons it will only be brushed off. However if it has an explosive opposite effect it may cause a pause before another 'execution order is given.'
RE: Je ne suis pas Charlie Hebdo
(January 10, 2015 at 12:09 am)Drich Wrote: Now I am wondering what can we do that will really piss these radical Islamist off...

You can show that you, unlike them, can be more than a moronic theist with a gun fetish and intellectually stuck somewhere between a spoiled 1 year old and a petulant orangutan.

Oh, wait, you can't.
Drich, for the first time in perhaps ever, I agree with you.

But, Charlie Hebdo is a magazine, not a person.
If there is a god, I want to believe that there is a god.  If there is not a god, I want to believe that there is no god.
It pains me to agree with a dolt such as you, but yes, they need a healthy dose of the ever-loving freedom march stepping on 'em.

/broken-clock theory

(January 10, 2015 at 1:10 am)Jenny A Wrote: Drich, for the first time in perhaps ever, I agree with you.

But, Charlie Hebdo is a magazine, not a person.

There is a movement in France and across the world to tweet "Je suis Charlie Hebdo" in 'creative' ways
(I am Charlie Hebdo) this is what the French have decided to do to show their national out rage and distant for the terrorist act.

While I support thier freedoms, "I am not Charlie Hebdo" was the title of my thread, because I will not be tweeting that message. I wanted to kick it up a notch and stir the pot all at the same time. If dbag failed rapper/pizza delivery boy/druggy who went to jail and was corn holed into becoming muslim wants to shoot at people for posting cartoons of mo-ham, then I say let"s put these pillars of the muslim community in front of the right people to shoot at. (One's like myself who are prepared to shoot back, with equal or greater force) this will keep them from targeting a bunch of candy asses like chuck who's only shooting happens off his mouth.

That is why I will be talking to my print shop tomorrow to make some stickers to hand out at the gun shop.

Any suggestions on which Charlie Hebdo cartoon to use?
Make sure you put your name and address on them! You want people to know who did th -- er, never mind.

Apparently, any one will do.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Indeed. Free speech needs to be promoted and protected. To hell with being bullied by these twats. I think if we continue to straddle the fence, they'll continue to attack us.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Photo 
[Image: 2015-01-08.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Charlie Hebdo republished "Mohammed Cartoons" to mark terrorist attack trial Fake Messiah 3 410 September 3, 2020 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Charlie Rose Suspended From CBS And PBS For Sexual Harrassment A Theist 44 5806 November 22, 2017 at 7:52 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Charlie Hebdo victimizes free speech. IanHulett 19 4431 July 21, 2015 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
  New Charlie Hebdo cover - what does it mean? pocaracas 13 3403 January 14, 2015 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Catholic League slams Charlie......... Brian37 13 3131 January 9, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist