Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 4:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, Everyone.
Hello, Everyone.
Hello. My name is Michael. I am new to the forums, but definately not new to the concept of atheism. I am what you would call a radical atheist. I have not been as antagonistic in the past few years, but that is due to a realization I had come to. I envision a future for man that is greater than any selfish believer's wildest dreams of an afterlife. A future where knowledge, and the pursuit of it, are the cornerstone philosophies of our civilization. As long as religion exists, this simply cannot be, and we are left with a hunter gatherer society intellectually. There are many things we atheists lack that religion has. That is motivation to spread our ideology. Our ideas, however, are much easier to swallow. All we need do is TRULY teach people how to reason, and logic should follow suit. I am eager to get started on the boards, and hope you are all having a great day thus far. Thanks.
RE: Hello, Everyone.
An admirable philosophy and I wish you all the luck in the world in spreading it. You should fit right in on these forums so good luck and we'll see how you get on Smile
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
(March 3, 2010 at 5:55 pm)Darwinian Wrote: An admirable philosophy and I wish you all the luck in the world in spreading it. You should fit right in on these forums so good luck and we'll see how you get on Smile

Well I try to avoid being an antogonist or a jerk, so I think I will be fine! Thanks for your warm welcome!
I second that, and I think most Christians here would advocate such a position as well. The sooner we all learn to get along regardless of our private beliefs, the better. People need to come to their own decisions about such matters Wink
Quote:I envision a future for man that is greater than any selfish believer's wildest dreams of an afterlife.

Shit....you're as crazy as they are! But welcome anyway. Don't mind me. I tend to be far more pessimistic about the way things are going.
I'm definately not one to accept anyone's beliefs. To 'believe' something or have 'faith' is a mental disorder. Even if billions of people believe something is true, it can still be wrong. I want a world where the notion of a god is completely non existent. I'm something of an idealist, and understand this will never happen. My biggest problem with my fellow atheist is the pessimism and negative thinking/behaving. How are we going to help our friends and family out of their irrational beliefs if we ourselves seem plagued by our disbeleif? Its about setting an example. It is about showing the world how fulfilling it is to be free from religion, not how negative and caloused it appears to leave us.
Your stance is intellectually strangled TD. You think denying something = rationalism. I call that wishful thinking.
I didn't join an atheist message board to mince words with a Christian. I don't feel I need to defend my stance as avidly as you clearly feel the need to defend yours. If you want to talk about Christianity, go to church. I guarantee that there is not a point you can make that I have not heard 100 times. All you christians provide is rhetoric and bullshit, and I came to this forum because I am sick of it. You have every right to be here, and that is great, but I do not have any obligation to talk to you. I find your points short sighted and annoying more than informative. I know you like the exhibition of argument, but I am so tired of talking to Christians. You can sit and rot in your churches for all I care, I'm going to move on, and humanities best and brightest are coming with me!
"The absence of fact is not evidence of fiction." -Mark Twain
Quote:My biggest problem with my fellow atheist is the pessimism and negative thinking/behaving.

It's called "experience."

People suck.
Theists really suck.
(March 3, 2010 at 9:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:My biggest problem with my fellow atheist is the pessimism and negative thinking/behaving.

It's called "experience."

People suck.
Theists really suck.

Indeed, but wouldn't be great if we all tried to suck just a little bit less?
"The absence of fact is not evidence of fiction." -Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1422 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2175 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5649 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1904 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7844 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2619 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3864 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1245 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2384 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm