Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
6 million and me
6 million and me
Just saw the Pope on TV taking Mass in the Philippines.
As I looked at the 6 million taking Mass I thought,
" Blimey, they are all wrong and I am right."

Atheism can lead one to get big headed. Smile
"When a star twinkles I will sit and stare.
When the Earth trembles I will be aware.
When oblivion takes me I shall not care,
For in Earth and in Heaven, I have been there."
Richard
RE: 6 million and me
6 million people can help each other to all be wrong.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
True. But when I saw it, it first and foremost made me nauseous.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Knowing a worldwide renowned pilgrimage site as Fatima, Portugal... I wonder... what sort of scale the logistics for 6 million people must be?
6 million people sleeping, eating, shitting and loitering... 6 million people who would otherwise not be there....
Who is to say that they are wrong and I am right? Maybe both are wrong! I know too little about this universe to claim i am right for sure...
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I almost threw up the other day when I saw him telling people who basically live in slums not to be too materialistic. Presumably they're meant to give any spare money they have to the church so they can buy more golden goblets to drink the finest wines out of.
Also, pls harass the gay people some more, would you.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

No, we're definitely right :p No one has made a meaningful claim to be wrong about.

I don't know why anyone is listening to that wiry tosser after his mental mouthful the other day.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Misanthrope me, I saw locusts, without foresight, devouring everything in their path and eventually starving. The pope is just one of our selected traits for effective swarming.
So how, exactly, does God know that She's NOT a brain in a vat? Huh
I like the current pope. He represents a net improvement in the quality of popes. Also, he doesn't look like a Star Wars villain.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  360 Million Christians Suffering Persecution: why arent Atheists helping? Nishant Xavier 48 2099 July 16, 2023 at 10:05 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger