Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ignorance of Ph.Ds
The ignorance of Ph.Ds
I went to see my psychiatrist yesterday for my government mandated visit. I not only told her, but there were several demonstrations of channeling spirits she witnessed. My guides came through to say hi basically. I am quite the unique case scientifically, my story and “symptoms”, or rather how the spirits work through me (it can be quite dramatic). We discussed how somebody like me could contribute to science.

Here is where the ignorance steps in, over skepticism that stifles true scientific curiosity. Here is my line of reasoning and please tell me very carefully if in someway it is not logical, because to me it seems so. If there happens to exist a human case study that actually has contact with the paranormal, or is having a legitimate spiritual experience, it is worth looking at seriously with scientific scrutiny to investigate what exactly it is, with an open scientific unbiased mind, is it not? Common sense says that it is.

We discussed medications a bit and I told her, the spirits are in control. My last meds were picked up by them and thrown in the garbage with me as an innocent bystander watching. Also, I have been on several medications before, anti psychotics, and they did nothing as far as make the spirits go away. They don’t work on me. No point. I don’t need them. They just make me physically ill.

I then dropped the logical bombshell on her. I asked what is the point of making the spirits go away, or making God/Goddess/helpers go away, if it is real? I discussed miraculous events in my life and what I got back was it being labeled as as “problem” that needs to be “treated” with meds. I asked, what if it was looked at differently, that it is not a problem at all, but a gift? Some things she wanted to treat with anti psychotics include clairvoyance, having dreams and having them happen in reality, or having waking visions that happen. Telepathy, basically, I see spirits and what thoughts they put into the heart sometimes, gifts of healing, and so on. Like the Biblical gifts of the spirit or the regular symptoms of kundalini awakening the yoga scholars have been studying all these thousands of years.

James Randi offers $1,000,000 for proof of the paranormal (with the catch being lab tactics that don’t work with the sacred). I won’t confront Randi due to the fact that I have no control over what Deity does. Basically, if God/Goddess wants to give me a telepathic or clairvoyant experience at random that is up to It’s discretion, I have nothing to do with it, no free will in the picture at all. The gifts are given not taken. As Jesus says don’t be a thief about it, get it offered freely.

The point is it is quite important of a topic to many people on earth, so why the brushing it aside as “oh it’s worthless craziness”? I walk in and say here doc is a way to study spiritual phenomena scientifically and the response is kind of “that’s nice, here is a pill to make it all go away”.

Rather than try to make Goddess/God go away, the real scientist should have the natural attitude of “wow, fascinating, I need to get this to the lab and do some studies!”.

I find this same problem with atheist scientists who are ignorant. Ignorance isn’t confined to one group of people, but in the atheist genre there is the consensus in the philosophy (kind of circular reasoning) that because God doesn’t exist God should not he studied. Because nothing paranormal exists anything claiming as such should be written off as unscientific, or basically a pile of shit.

So, because there is no sincere curiosity, no science will ever develop, and the cycle will continue of “I don’t believe in it because there is no science and there is no science because I don’t believe in it”.

Open your minds ye over skeptical! Don’t let your skepticism border on ignorant!
RE: The ignorance of Ph.Ds
(January 22, 2015 at 2:49 pm)schizo pantheist Wrote: I not only told her, but there were several demonstrations of channeling spirits she witnessed.

Aaand I'm out.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Quote:why the brushing it aside as “oh it’s worthless craziness”?
Because it is.

Quote:I walk in and say here doc is a way to study spiritual phenomena scientifically and the response is kind of “that’s nice, here is a pill to make it all go away”.
Sound medical advice, you should take it, and the pill.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
How would you suggest science study your personal subjective experience?

Me, I'd take the pills, personally.
I don't believe because if you can't repeat it in controlled circumstances then I have no way of telling if you are sincere or are hallucinating or just horseshitting people.

Science is there for a reason, you know.
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
Next time you have a vision, make a post here before it comes to pass. Or call Rhandi before it comes to pass. Then just sit back and collect your $1,000,000.00.
I can't remember where this verse is from, I think it got removed from canon:

"I don't hang around with mostly men because I'm gay. It's because men are better than women. Better trained, better equipped...better. Just better! I'm not gay."

For context, this is the previous verse:

"Hi Jesus" -robvalue
Schizophrenics always think their delusions are real, but it's never anything more than messed up neurons.

Why, out of the many thousands of others, do you think yourself to be any different?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Please get some help.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
You have probably heard of Occam's Razor. This is a classic use for it. The simplest explanation for what you have experienced is a condition for which you have obviously been diagnosed.

A psychiatrist has an M.D., by the way.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(January 22, 2015 at 2:52 pm)FatAndFaithless Wrote:
(January 22, 2015 at 2:49 pm)schizo pantheist Wrote: I not only told her, but there were several demonstrations of channeling spirits she witnessed.

Aaand I'm out.

Yeah. Maybe medication isn't an entirely bad idea.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split]Atheism is based of ignorance. Sword of Christ 158 41912 November 8, 2013 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Theism doesn't corner the market on ignorance. The Reality Salesman01 10 3745 October 13, 2013 at 12:19 am
Last Post: Vincenzo Vinny G.
Shocked If ignorance is bliss... Tea Earl Grey Hot 42 9609 February 21, 2013 at 11:34 am
Last Post: PyroManiac
  Atheism-limits of ignorance josef rosenkranz 17 11030 September 29, 2008 at 8:52 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet