Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Atheist Forum for Religious People
An Atheist Forum for Religious People
Congratulations.... you have been less help than the Catholic Church itself.
RE: Father forced by courts to take children to catholic church
Where does it say the mother did not make this request? I just read the Telegraph article and I didn't see it there.

If the parents had previously agreed that the children would be raised catholic, then I don't see what the problem is. Dad should fulfill his commitment.
Re: Your post was edited by a moderator.
The following is taken directly from this article {snip}
RE: An Atheist Forum for Religious People
(January 22, 2015 at 4:29 pm)activeatheist Wrote: This entire post has been redacted by myself for the following reason:

- forum moderators choose to use draconian rules regarding 30 day membership before posting links to highly relevant news articles and urgent petitions. News articles and petitions which they deem to be advertising. News articles and petitions which carry no profit but could help protect atheists from discrimination.

This post related to the oppression of atheists by legal systems bending to religious demand.

These actions have proven one thing only about this site; there are far better ones who are willing to help atheists gain equal treatment.

Congratulations.... you have been less help than the Catholic Church itself.

Oh please. What makes you or your cause more special than any other? Get over yourself. If you follow the rules, you'll be allowed to post your links.
Wah.

(needs more than four characters)
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Draconian = I don't like it/understand it so it should not apply to me.

That hypocritical 4 character rule!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
So... If an issue is urgent and is happening before 30 days.... no point trying your site? There is such a thing as discretion. It's something I employ quite often across the forums I cover. Someone promotes their own T-shirt business.... sure block it. But blocking newspaper articles and petitions? Really? SMH

What makes this "cause" any less important than any other? The whole "cause" as you put it is one that we share surely? If not then your site is very poorly named.

As for getting over myself.... you're a mod. You're not a god.
Oh piss off you muppet. The rule is there for a very good reason, you may not be aware in your little tantrum, that we get many spammers on here, the mods are simply applying the rules consistently and fairly.
'The more I learn about people the more I like my dog'- Mark Twain

'You can have all the faith you want in spirits, and the afterlife, and heaven and hell, but when it comes to this world, don't be an idiot. Cause you can tell me you put your faith in God to put you through the day, but when it comes time to cross the road, I know you look both ways.' - Dr House

“Young earth creationism is essentially the position that all of modern science, 90% of living scientists and 98% of living biologists, all major university biology departments, every major science journal, the American Academy of Sciences, and every major science organization in the world, are all wrong regarding the origins and development of life….but one particular tribe of uneducated, bronze aged, goat herders got it exactly right.” - Chuck Easttom

"If my good friend Doctor Gasparri speaks badly of my mother, he can expect to get punched.....You cannot provoke. You cannot insult the faith of others. You cannot make fun of the faith of others. There is a limit." - Pope Francis on freedom of speech
(January 22, 2015 at 5:29 pm)Bad Wolf Wrote: Oh piss off you muppet. The rule is there for a very good reason, you may not be aware in your little tantrum, that we get many spammers on here, the mods are simply applying the rules consistently and fairly.

This. The rule is applied universally. We don't care where the link points to, nor that it's not for commercial purposes.

The purpose of this site is NOT to drive traffic to other sites.
(January 22, 2015 at 5:24 pm)activeatheist Wrote: So... If an issue is urgent and is happening before 30 days.... no point trying your site?
Pretty much. Though I suppose the site owner might be a bit flattered that you thought of coming here first with urgent news that needs immediate action!!! You're not from Publisher's Clearing House, by any chance?
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1322 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  White people assuming other white people like Trump Sterben 81 11920 April 1, 2017 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Tea Party membership driven by white people who hate brown people, sez science Ryantology 33 6033 November 4, 2014 at 9:34 am
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  The further people politically move from moderacy the more people lie là bạn điên 26 9158 December 30, 2013 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Snidely Whiplash
  Are there Atheist Tea Party People? Thatguy 10 2147 August 20, 2013 at 11:18 am
Last Post: A Theist
  Historum Forum and the atheist (me) Oldandeasilyconfused 0 2583 March 14, 2011 at 6:00 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused