Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:17 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White people assuming other white people like Trump
White people assuming other white people like Trump
This has been occurring way too much and it is becoming uncomfortable. A lot of customers and even in small talk while waiting in line to buy cigarettes. Since I'm white a lot of other white people will strike up a random conversation with me on about what Trump is doing. I really really hate that this is going on in state of being. I've had to justify that I'm not a Trump supporter so many fucking times! The man is fucking idiot, the whole subject matter is becoming so annoying, that I would buy a pin or something saying "I'm not Trump supporter in any captaincy" if such a item existed. I intend no racism here with my question, but as other members of the board who are white have you had any similar experiences? If so, please tell me how to get these fucking people away from me or what else to tell them besides "I don't engage in politics".
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

RE: White people assuming other white people like Trump
A little more than half the country is white. Almost half the voters voted for Trump. Only insane black or other minority groups would vote for Trump. Presumably, less than 20% of voters are clinically insane.

Result-- most white fuckers voted for Trump. Yes they did, and fuck them all.

PS I'm white, and I'm Canadian so I couldn't have voted. But if I had-- I'd rather write in the name of the Orangutan who's missing a patch of fur than vote for the man who stuck it on his head and called it "hair."
I've never been assumed to be a Trump supporter, but whenever some total stranger tries to talk politics with me I generally just say that I don't consider discussing toilet etiquette in public to be comfortable.

(March 16, 2017 at 9:19 pm)bennyboy Wrote: A little more than half the country is white.  Almost half the voters voted for Trump.  Only insane black or other minority groups would vote for Trump.  Presumably, less than 20% of voters are clinically insane.

Result-- most white fuckers voted for Trump.  Yes they did, and fuck them all.

PS I'm white, and I'm Canadian so I couldn't have voted.  But if I had-- I'd rather write in the name of the Orangutan who's missing a patch of fur than vote for the man who stuck it on his head and called it "hair."
      Lol, If my state allowed it I would of wrote in "A dead man who was found in the river 50 years later". How do I get these people stop asking me about the subject.

(March 16, 2017 at 9:31 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I've never been assumed to be a Trump supporter, but whenever some total stranger tries to talk politics with me I generally just say that I don't consider discussing toilet etiquette in public to be comfortable.

^^^ this ^^^

I personally was taught at a fairly young age that politics, religion, and sex were impolite subjects best avoided with complete strangers.

I have no problem refusing to engage with a stranger in any way I am uncomfortable with. A polite but unequivocal "no thank you" does it for me.
Yeah, my roommate assumes everyone she knows is a Trump supporter (even here in New Mexico). I'd correct her, but then I'd be talking politics with someone. I prefer to just change the subject when it comes up. I'll only occasionally respond to politics online where it doesn't have any effect on me.
I'm glad I'm not the only dealing with this issue.

I've always been the type to avoid contentious subjects with people I know by preference but if pushed, I tend to go down their throats. If someone approached me in a manner of assuming I'm a Trump supporter because I'm a white male, I'd tear their head off.

I guess I wasn't much help.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
(March 16, 2017 at 10:29 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: I've always been the type to avoid contentious subjects with people I know by preference but if pushed, I tend to go down their throats. If someone approached me in a manner of assuming I'm a Trump supporter because I'm a white male, I'd tear their head off.

I guess I wasn't much help.

I'm usually a calm type of person, but I'm starting to become verbally aggressive when the subject of "That guy" comes up. The subject matter is so toxic that even Pripyat is more desirable then him.

The vast majority of my friends loath Trump as much as I do, both in the real world and online. I'm often startled to learn someone I know is a Trump supporter. But what can I say? Hard not to think anyone who supports Trump is uneducated, lacks any historical perspective and/or is just a nasty person. I don't know anyone, either in the public eye or in person, whose support for Trump makes me question that assessment. Real conservatives can't support him and neither can those in my camp.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winning By a Landslide and other politicspeak onlinebiker 11 567 October 23, 2020 at 12:17 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 982 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Why wasn't Trump destroyed like Michael Jackson? WinterHold 11 1226 January 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Apparently 600 million people voted for Trump.. A Godzilla fan 6 903 October 5, 2019 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36691 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Naturally. Crooks Like Other Crooks Minimalist 0 148 October 16, 2018 at 1:25 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  The west's other face WinterHold 24 2484 September 25, 2018 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Shocked Do you think Trump will be arrested or kicked out of the White House soon? WinterHold 32 3644 July 25, 2018 at 3:40 pm
Last Post: John V
  Is Trump trying to piss black people off? Jehanne 31 4640 January 17, 2018 at 9:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Pieces of each other WinterHold 2 470 November 24, 2017 at 3:49 am
Last Post: ignoramus